ADMIN

Biden Calls on Congress to Restrict Gun Ownership

Image result for 2nd amendment meme

President Joe Biden on Feb. 14 urged Congress to strengthen existing laws concerning gun ownership on the third anniversary of the mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

“The Parkland students and so many other young people across the country who have experienced gun violence are carrying forward the history of the American journey. It is a history written by young people in each generation who challenged prevailing dogma to demand a simple truth: we can do better. And we will,” Biden said in a statement.

“This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets.”

In the afternoon of Feb. 14, 2018, a man identified by authorities as Nikolas Cruz, now 22, walked into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and opened fire with an AR-15 rifle. The shooting left 17 dead, including 14 students. Cruz, who is currently awaiting trial, could face the death penalty.

After the shooting, a number of Parkland students and parents began agitating for stricter gun control laws, arguing that Cruz shouldn’t have been able to obtain a gun. But others pointed to failures by law enforcement, including safety officer Scot Peterson, who has pleaded not guilty to criminal charges for not entering the school building to confront Cruz, and urged restraint on new measures.

read more:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-calls-on-congress-to-restrict-gun-ownership_3696206.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree... we need a total recall of all the elected and appointed officials including JUDGES... all of them need to go.  In fact, having a law degree today should be an indictment to keep them away from the legal system... What we need are  Godly men and women with some legal background who are firmly committed to exercising the law in accordance with the US Constitution and its precepts.  What we don't need are Petitfoggers and their warped view of the law... permitting the law of the Court to overrule the established laws of Congress and our Constitution.

• Valerie, I totally agree with you. We can't trust any institution in the US any longer. The US is a banana republic today. This is such a travesty especially after Trump made America great again. We the people need Trump back to make America even greater again than he did in his first term!

• Totally Agree!

This reply was deleted.