ADMIN

Digg Dirkler (@theproblembear) / Twitter

A jury found former Trump White House aide Steve Bannon guilty of two counts of contempt of Congress in a misdemeanor charge Friday after less than three hours of deliberation. 

The former Trump advisor now faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 30 days incarceration and up to two years behind bars. He could also face a fine of up to $1,000. A sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 21. 

The jury came to the conclusion after prosecutors and defense wrapped up their closing arguments Friday. The trial lasted one week and featured only two witnesses. 

Bannon is the first figure to be found guilty of contempt of Congress since Attorney General Richard Kleindienst and Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy were convicted in 1974. 

Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors told the jury that ignoring a congressional subpoena is like ignoring a parking ticket. DOJ prosecutor Molly Gaston said that with a parking ticket, there are two options: show up to court and try to fight it or pay it. 

'What he doesn't get to do is ignore the order to pay it,' Gaston said, noting that if you don't pay a ticket or show up for a subpoena, there are consequences. 

read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11040059/Jury-begins-deliberations-Steve-Bannons-contempt-Congress-trial.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One of my favorite songs,  Gloria does it right but I must say i think Vickie Sue Robinson did it best...My weekend and driving song! 

• I wonder what this song have to do with Donald Trump?

• You'll have to ask AbuTom, he put it out there. I just commented because I liked it,  👍 lol!

• The irony here is that Bannon has been found guilty of contempt for a totally contempible committee i.e., kangaroo court.

• We are at war people, and I think that is the way we need to start looking at it.  Some deranged person tries to stab Zeldin in the neck, and he is released in less than 12 hrs. WTF!!

• In hopes that he will get sick and die while in there as they're attempting to with the J6 prisoners, withholding medical attention. I pray this is not the case. 

This reply was deleted.