ADMIN

8660906894?profile=RESIZE_710x

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Thursday introduced a ban on more than 200 “assault weapons” after the House passed two gun-control measures pertaining to background checks.

Her bill (pdf), called the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2021,” is co-sponsored by 34 Senate Democrats and would ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds—similar to the bans on magazines in New York state and California.

According to the legislation, which was also introduced in the House by Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), the ban would encompass more than 205 rifles. Feinstein’s bill would allow current owners of the guns to retain possession of them. If that gun is transferred, a person has to undergo an FBI background check before getting the firearm.

The bill also bans any weapon that has the capacity to use a magazine that isn’t a fixed ammunition magazine and has one or more characteristics such as a pistol grip, forward grip, a threaded barrel, a folding or telescoping stock, or a barrel shroud.

The bill “requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock” and prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines while banning “bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates,” according to a news release from Feinstein’s office. Bump-fire stocks were made illegal in March 2019.

“It’s been 17 years since the original Assault Weapons Ban expired, and the plague of gun violence continues to grow in this country. To be clear, this bill saves lives. When it was in place from 1994-2004, gun massacres declined by 37 percent compared with the decade before. After the ban expired, the number of massacres rose by 183 percent,” Feinstein said in a statement Thursday.

read more here: https://web.archive.org/web/20210312182332/https://www.theepochtimes.com/ban-on-205-different-assault-weapons-introduced-by-sen-feinstein_3730994.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• diane frankenstein is a communist, a liar, and a moron!!!!!  I WILL NOT COMPLY with any of their illegal acts.  I no longer recognize the federal government as having any authority over me!!!!!!!!!!  I WILL NOT COMPLY with any executive order nor legislation passed by this illegitimate bunch of communist thugs who seized control in a coup de etat in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Guns don't kill ... people kill and killers are not law-abiding folks who are likely to surrender their arms.  This bill will disarm law-abiding members of society making them even more vulnerable to murder and other forms of physical assault and criminal conduct.  The Second Amendment doesn't say... we have the right to keep and bear arms as long as they are not classified as illegal by the government... no, all arms are protected under the 2nd Amendment and if the government wants to infringe on that right they must first AMEND THE CONSTITUTION To permit their infringement. 

• Since they have total control and now own the courts they CAN amend the constitution.

• Ron, I am a law abiding citizen, like you a veteran, and I WILL NOT surrender to the wanna-be dictators.  I WILL NOT register any firearms.  I have owned guns for 50 years and neither me nor any of my guns have ever committed a crime!!!!!!!!!!

• I told a liberal exactly what you said about people kill, not guns, and they gave me a blank stare like a deer in the headlights. Then the lack of logic came out with their well if we didn't have guns then no one would be killed(duh) What happened before gun powder was discovered? One person killed his brother with a rock several thousand years ago in a garden, long before gun were invented.

• I believe the Liberal response would be :

"Ya ... but stones are difficult to carry and it takes a lot of effort to kill someone with a rock. So, the number of deaths would go down.

Besides, why do you need rocks ? "

This reply was deleted.