ADMIN

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• These slimes...just destroyed a huge piece of Ameican/black history, that can NEVER be replaced.  They claim to be doing this crap because of black oppression, and yet.....this church was a huge part of black history.   I'd be just find if every damn one of these little shits just.......DISAPPEARED.   They haven't, and highly unlikely they'll ever contribute anything worthwhile to the planet.

"Every president since James Madison has attended services at St. John's Church. This distinctive yellow church was the second building to be constructed on Lafayette Square and has always been a symbolic and important house of worship in Washington, D.C. Visitors to Lafayette Square can enter St. John's Church from the 16th Street entrance to see the sanctuary and the Presidents' Pews.

Designed by Benjamin Latrobe, St. John's Church is an early historic building on Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C.

Reverend William Hawley, the second Rector of St. John's, baptized and married African Americans of all legal statuses when he led the Church from 1817 to 1845. Many of these marriages took place in the Rector's own home, adjacent to the Church, with his wife and family as witnesses. According to the marriage register of St. John's, Reverend Hawley performed weddings for 6 couples identified as "slaves," 38 identified as "colored," and 2 identified as "colored (free)." For example, on January 11, 1828, the Reverend Hawley married Emmeline Matthews, listed as "colored" to William Prates, listed as a slave. The very next marriage he performed was for John Quincy Adams' son John and his bride Mary Hellen. A selected transcription is available."

• Its freedom of speech

• ADMIN

They have the right to PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE. They do NOT have the right to destroy buildings, etc..

• Yes I'm being sarcastic. I remember years ago when that black female Boston mayer was asked about all the destruction by the protesters and she said it was freedom of speach so police shouldn't interfear so the protesters can just get it out of their system.

• ADMIN

Well Said Kenneth!

• Freedom of speech is the 1st amendemt right. it says nothing about looting and burning or destroying property as a right.

• The good news is that our brave president went to the church, held up the Bible, and showed his might. He is indeed our savior! 

This reply was deleted.