ADMIN

No matter the purpose for which they’re established, bureaucracies often become ends in themselves, self-perpetuating entities that generate paper to justify their existence. That seems to be the case with FEMA, at least insofar as its rules for nuclear disasters go. Some poor desk drone was given the task of updating FEMA documents to reflect the CDC’s ridiculous COVID requirements. That drone worked hard, with the result being that the FEMA guidelines for a nuclear explosion now include masks and social distancing in bomb shelters.

Once again, Libs of Tik Tok has the news on her irreplaceable Twitter account. She (or someone with whom she communicates) felt that, with Putin threatening to start a nuclear war, it might be useful to check out the government’s guidance for responding to the fallout from a nuclear attack. That’s how we learn that someone at FEMA laboriously updated FEMA guidelines with CDC requirements about social distancing and masks. And that’s how we end up with these ludicrous advisories:

The “Nuclear Explosion” listing begins by giving helpful information about what to expect when the nuclear bomb goes off. Even though it’s going to be very, very bad (damage, casualties, radiation, etc.), “you can keep your family safe by knowing what to do and being prepared if it occurs.”

read more:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/02/a_fema_document_about_nuclear_explosions_reveals_the_utter_fatuousness_of_our_bureaucracy.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This advise is as valid as "duck and cover". 

• "fatuousness", I think a better word for it is flatulance...

• You can down load any military manuel at this site: https://archive.org/details/military-manuals Some are old but the info is true.

US Military Manual Collection : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive
    United States Army Field Manuals are published by the United States Army's Army Publishing Directorate. As of 27 July 2007, some 542 field manuals we…
  • I bet all those worthless asses in DC have a safe place to go to. Let's face it, they don't give a damn about any of the population.....no one!

• Again PROOF that our government has become way too large and way too foolish . We just have to look at the results of the Two Bombs dropped on Japan

to see the short and long term results of radiation . Todays nuclear weapons are much more powerful then those used to end the war with Japan. Long term radiation exposure results in death . If the blast failes to kill you the radiation will .  

• I was in Hiroshima to see the total distruction the bomb caused, I saw the photos of people still walking as their skin was literally melting off their bodies. How many  were affected by the radiaton, and how many second generation still were dealing with birth defects! Nuclear war is nothing to kid about, it isn't a word one throws out there for a reaction. It's like when a couple in an argument mentions  the word divorce for the first time.......it becomes real! Once nuclear is mentioned, it becomes real, it's possible. 

• My father was off the coast  of Japan after the bomb was dropped. He discribed it like somebody took their hand and just smashed it against the ground.

• PDF (usda.gov) Infomation about a nuclear detenation , and the aftermath.

https://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/CAT10309489/PDF
    • Thanks Mike! Although Old... The information presented is informative and still relevant today. Like you my training against a Nuclear, Biological & Chemical attack came from the Military, United States Army - NBC Officer Course Monterrey CA, Training in Cold War Germany and actual application in the 1st Gulf War- Iraq.

• Mine came from the US Navy during the Cold War during the 70's  with the also NBC attack .  Your comment about the NBC brought back memories  of boot camp training  with our mark 5 gas mask. Which by the way I believe will work against the covid virus better then the N95 would. 

This reply was deleted.