Replies

• Joseph, Chicago, like so many of our other slum cities is the cumulative result of moving American Jobs which supplied honorable incomes for food, housing, necessities, children and community needs, to be replaced by Fancy Dressed Hawkers giving Free Housing, Food, Medical, Education, Clothes, etc instead of fighting to return the "Dignity and Pride of Work!" Without jobs the Communities crumble without tax funding for eventually even Federal runs low and bitterness sets in. Republican, Democrat, both have bloody hand as each took terrible advantage of the American Peoples. Which Party paved the way for American Jobs to leave for Foreign Shores? Which Party indoctrinated Citizens to believe themselves to be victims and deserved of perpetual public assistance? Who bought into the the "Roads of Both Parties" that lead us to be removed from the Top Ten Industrialized Nations, and lowered Our Education Standards to 26th of the Modern Nations? It was "We, the People!" When We admit our part of the guilt, then only can we begin the process of healing. Healing never happens through blame.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• David, it is not what was or was not offered by Trump or any Republican running for any Position. Whatever is/was offered evidently is not what attracts the "Millenials" to get out and vote! Through discussions with our own grandchildren and others.their wants and needs are foreign to people of my age and experience. Their lives are not identified by what they do, or where they live or what they own. Until the "Things in their lives are revealed and identified" how is it possible to offer any "Political Agenda" attractive enough to heat their blood to get out and "Vote?" All One Hundred Million of them. Generations of the Cities mentioned have been promised and given Political Solutions for generations and none of them ever succeeded, so why should these New Generations Trust the Promises, Words and Plans of any Politicians who has never shut up long enough to listen and find answers to "Their Concerns", rather than telling them what they need?

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

•  Lynn Bryant DeSpain, ...AGAIN, still respecfully, my opine was specifically posted to your indication that Pres. trump. FAILED...  to which I respectfully disagree with... and more to my clarity, I am just 77 years old... I totally comprehend the laws and  limits, of the fedral government, verses the  respective states governments...  That in it's own merits, gave clarity and reasoning as to the Leadership that Trump provided to the  states, that bore the Riots and the now continuing Crime Elements, that seemed to have,previously,  and presentlyare...leading our young to their present disarray. That said... review the many responses that are posted, to find the same, or rather close, to what at i am citing. In closing i pray America  turns  to God, BEFORE OURREPUBLIC IS NO MORE Amen

• What do expect Chicago has a Liberal Communist Democrat for Mayor. Trump wanted to help but this unstable half-breed Mayor turned him down. Vote Republican, wake up.

• Since the Laws appear meaningless and unenforceable, how about bringing back "Vigilantism?"

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Enforce the laws and bring back the death penelty

• Hey Chicago you get what you vote for!

• Chicago, L.A., New York, the West Coast States, are but the most obvious indicators of well worn "Solutions" that no longer fit the times, with the results being the proof. Two Political Parties Promising complete reversal of all Social Ills with each Election, and nothing ever changes for the majority of the residents. All talk and no action. This has progressed to the ultimate brink of National Ruination with the previous National Election. Oh yes, we Conservatives can yell, jump up and down and pull from hidden places mountains of proof of "Voter Fraud", yet even with the reversal of All Fraudulent Votes, the Election may not have been won. The reason is simple. Over One Hundred Million Votes were left on the Table by uninterested Citizens. These are the generations behind the " Baby Boomers" who are dying off. These are the generations raised with Dad not getting the promotion because he was not a minority, or a woman or handicapped. These are the generations who witnessed Small Businesses "Bid for Government Funded Projects", to lose with lower Bids to those who could qualify with additional 10% above lowest for being " Minority Owned, Female Owned, Handicapped Owned, and now in certain areas LBGTQ Owned." These following generations have little to no faith in the systems of Politics telling them "What They Need." These New Generations need to be Asked and Listened to as to What They Need and those Needs followed through! This is where President Trump Failed if anywhere, was to embrace the New Generations Needs and Wants under the umbrella of Our Constitution/Bill of Rights! Trust must be earned, not promised.

Lynn Bryant DeSpain

• Trump was essentially Gulliver, tied to the ground by the restraining ropes of thousands of grasping "Lilliputians" that make up the left-wing media stars, pop culture icons, academic dons and the bureaucratic political insiders in Washington DC. He fought this despicable tide pretty much alone. It is so easy for others like Lynn Bryant DeSpain, who stood on the side lines, to arrogantly criticize what they think he didn’t deliver, while ignoring what he managed to accomplish in spite of the weight of the entire entrenched establishment piling on top of him. I have little patience for this kind of after-action, cheap potshot criticism of an admittedly flawed (aren’t we all) great man! These so called new generations that you are so fond of catering too better wake up, stop whining and start fighting for their freedom or they will go down into slavery under tyrants, dragging the rest of us with them!

• LAS, history will show Donald Trump as one of the best president's in America. He had shortcomings, like a lot of naiveté when first taking office. It led to him appointing swamp monsters who stabbed him in the back. He took too long to understand the depth of the swamp that tied him down from the beginning. 

However, talk to most people and all they complain about was his using Twitter to fight his opponents. Another of his shortcomings was not knowing which fights to fight and which to forget. None of that was revelant to his ability to understand what this nation needed to move ahead and prosper. His leadership took us to economic heights that this nation has not seen in over a half century. His international diplomacy elevated this nation to levels not seen since Ronald Reagan. 

History will show this, and forget all the superluous nonsense that his detractors now spit out. What most fail to see was his Greatness, and a great leader he was. I can't wait until 2024 to come.

This reply was deleted.