ADMIN

A quantity of cash seized by officers under Operation Venetic in London

Police have arrested more than 700 suspects, seized £54m in cash and tonnes of drugs in the UK’s “biggest and most significant” operation ever against organised crime.

Officials said previously “untouchable” kingpins who have evaded justice for decades, while enjoying “flashy” lifestyles, were among those detained.

High-level gangs, including those importing guns, drugs and people into Britain, have been targeted in a series of raids after law enforcement agencies accessed a secretive communications network.

Known as EncroChat, it was used on bespoke mobile phones that were designed to be secure against police infiltration and examination.

But in April, an international team cracked its encryption and started spying on users and harvesting their data as they carried on unawares.

“There were 60,000 users worldwide and around 10,000 users in the UK,” the National Crime Agency (NCA) said as raids continued on Thursday morning.

“The sole use was for coordinating and planning the distribution of illicit commodities, money laundering and plotting to kill rival criminals.”

The platform was infiltrated by agencies in France and the Netherlands, and shared via Europol to partners including the UK.

“Unbeknown to users, the NCA and the police have been monitoring their every move since then,” an NCA spokesperson said.

“It is the biggest and most significant operation of its kind in the UK.”

read more:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/encrochat-phone-network-encryption-organised-crime-uk-arrests-police-a9597501.html

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We're still WAITING to see this happen here!

• They need to get some of that done hear in the us start with Hillary 

• Awesome. Judgement and Justice happening in the Motherland. It shall happen here also.

• Wow........a Brit operation I see...!   Mmmm.....yup you mates across the pond still know how to kick some ass.   Mmmmmm.....I also read where those Argentians are getting itchy balls again....and want to start another attempt at taking over the Faulken Islands.    If'en you do.....would you please make it a shorter figtht.......my nose is still flattened by stay'en with you guys on my TV screen for the duration of the first fight.  Ya'll done such a good job back then..........!!!   Don't guess you will need yo brothers help here in USA anyway. 

• It looks like things are falling into place. The swamp will be drained. Organized crime has been invloved with big money way too long. I don't think you can build a building in communist cities like New York or Chicago without the mob, can you?

• well, they've neen doing it for years now.

• Good news!

• All they have to do is move to NYC and w/the cash bail law they will b out in no time.  Yes this is good news. Oh BTW organized is spelled w/a Z not an S.

• interesting to say the least

• ADMIN

I changed it. The headline was copy paste from a British newspaper.

This reply was deleted.