ADMIN

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So what are the American people going to do about getting our country back?

• This reply was deleted.
    • What does this  have to do with the topic?

• Thank you for your post, sure opened my eyes.

• In other words..Revelation unfolding before our eyes.

• Culturally speaking, what this man is saying is that the price or cost on Ukraine of joining NATO will be an invasion of Ukraine by Russia.  In other words, Oleksiy Arestovych is admitting that Ukrainian membership in NATO was and is a real red line for Putin and that before Putin would allow Ukraine to join NATO, he (Putin) would invade Ukraine to prevent the country from joining NATO.  As I have said before on this site, it is always good to walk a mile in your adversaries shoes and to understand their concerns before proceeding with a diplomatic or military decision.  Lying Joe and his band of idiots failed to do that.  From Putin's point of view, a large part of the former Warsaw Pact nations have now joined NATO since 1991 moving the border of NATO 550 miles east of where is was at the end of the Cold War in 1989.  Ukraine joining NATO moves the NATO border another 770 miles east, places Russia's ONLY warm water port at risk, and places NATO forces in a position to attack Moscow along four high speed avanues of approach.  In essence, Ukraine joining NATO, from Putin's viewpoint, is CHECKMATE!  If Lying Joe and his band of idiots had recognized this and given some assurances to Putin that Ukraine would NOT be accepted in NATO, the Russian invasion of Ukraine would not have happened.  But as Barack "Insane" Obama has said, "Joe can F up anything."  This is just one more failure to add to this failed administration.

• NATO never invited the Ukraine to join, it is a membership by invitation only!

Ukraine's desire remains a desire, not realistic, just talk until NATO invites them, which isn't happening because for many reasons, among them ukraine is corrupt, extremely poor, cannot afford to become part of NATO, nor the EU.

• ilona Trommler, I am very aware that NATO membership is by invitation and that no invitation has been offered to Ukraine to join NATO; however, there have been discussions ongoing for the past few years about eventual Ukrainian membership in NATO.  Those discussions took on greater emphasis once Lying Joe Biden got into office.  My point is that Putin perceived that NATO was interested in pushing its borders East once again with an eventual admission of Ukraine in NATO and all that needed to be done was for the US/NATO to provide some assurance that this was NOT a possibility in the forseeable future.  At that point, Putin can't use Ukrainian membership in NATO as a pretext for invasion.

• That is true only if you trust that putin is worried about bordering a nato country.

Putin's goal is to take over the Ukraine and that will put him on the border with several NATO countries.........

He wants to restore the territories of the Soviet Union, and to think otherwise is naive. If he can get the Ukrain, he will continue west!

• ilona, I am a long way from being naive having served in Europe in the Fulda Gap during the end of the Cold War and as a Strategic Plans officer with Russia as part of my portfolio.  What Putin wants as a perfect solution is the same thing he has in Belarus, a Ukraine that is friendly toward Russia and part of the Russian Federation (notice, I did NOT say erasing Ukraine as a nation and making its land mass part of Russia) so as to have a buffer zone of nations between the Russian Motherland and NATO.  Putin does NOT want to share a direct border with NATO.  If you look at what NATO has agreed to in the Baltic States by limiting the size and scope of NATO forces stationed in Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, that agreement was driven by demands from Moscow.  Putin knows that the threat of a NATO attack from the Baltic states is something which he feels he could contain with having Belarus as part of the Russian Federation and this strip of land being bordered on the North by the Gulf of Finland.  Putin also has a trump card in his control of the Kaliningrad pocket which gives him the tactical and operational advantage of cutting off reinforcement (or at least greatly complicating the reinforcement) of forces in Latvia and Estonia.  If one observes how the Belarus forces and Russian forces in Belarus are positioned, it is readily apparent that the Russian contingency plan, in the event of war with NATO, is to cut off the Baltic States militarily and then launch the Russian Northern Front to take these nations in short order.  The Baltic States have very little in terms of air/ground combat power and the NATO reinforcement is limited to what amounts to a composite brigade.  There is no doubt that Putin fantasizes about restoration of the former Soviet Union; however, he is a realist and knows that Russia no longer possesses the economic, population or military capabilities to achieve that level of control.  Additionally, he recognizes that NATO's growth in the number of members, their combined economies, and US industrial might outclasses that of Russia, so he has to use his one resource card, petroleum, to lure countries like Germany into his sphere of influence to keep NATO off balance and potentially divided.  Lying Joe Biden gave Putin the biggest gift he has ever received by slamming the door on US oil production and cooperation with countries in North America, driving the Europeans into the Putin camp for access to oil.  Had Trump remained in office and the US supplied the energy needs of Europe, the Russian Petro-Economy would have been greatly damaged and the NATO alliance would have become even more closely aligned due to greater reliance by Europe on US energy; however, Lying Joe screwed that up, then showed weakness in every single aspect of US foreign policy, while simultaneously speaking harshly toward Russia on the Ukraine question and Putin acted on the Strategic National Interests of Russia knowing that the threat of direct US involvement was low. with an idiot in the White House.  The REAL winner out of all of this will be China.  If Lying Joe now blunders into a shooting war with Russia, China will be free to take whatever countries it wants in East Asia since, contrary to what the idiot Generals in the Pentagon will tell you, the US does not have sufficient standing forces to fight a two front war without instituting the Draft and converting the national industrial base fully into defense production.  This does not happen overnight!

• You need not take comment personally, I did not call you naive, I simply stated to think putin doesn't want to restore the soviet bloc is naive.

i lived in the Soviet bloc, I too have somewhat of an idea so let's not make it a contast....you can have your thoughts......and I can have mine!

you might think what he has in Belarus is the perfect solution, but Ukraine is not interested being under the thumb of Russia. Easy for the west to offer the eastern countries as they did after WWII, but it isn't the freedom these countries desire, and being from a free country you should understand the power of that desire.

This reply was deleted.