ADMIN

rioters in portland

Rioters next to a fire they set at the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse in Portland, Ore., on July 22, 2020. (Noah Berger/AP Photo)

Eighteen people are facing charges for participating in rioting in Portland at a U.S. Courthouse.

The defendants were arrested between July 20 and July 23.

Large crowds have been gathering nightly and assaulting the courthouse and federal officers who are tasked with protecting it while local police officers stay away because of recent directives from city leaders.

U.S. Attorney Billy Williams announced on Friday the charges against the 18.

Five people were charged for alleged criminal conduct during rioting on July 20 that continued into the early hours of the next day.

Jennifer Kristiansen, 37, is charged with assaulting a federal officer; Zachary Duffly, 45, is charged with creating a disturbance; Wyatt Ash-Milby, 18, is charged with trespassing on federal property; and Caleb Ehlers, 23, and Paul Furst, 22, are charged with failing to comply with a lawful order.

read more:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/18-facing-federal-charges-after-riots-outside-us-courthouse-in-portland_3437109.html?v=ul

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree

• I agree with you Marlene 100%

• Yes jeff that needs to happen....THEIR dummy president who thought their rioting and looting AND DESTROYING PROPERTY was GOOD and JUST is responsible foR condoning such behavior while he was POTUS SHOULD ALREADY BE IN THE CLINK!

• Hey, Stephen, I am sorry and excuse my spelling

• it's true, but no one is doing it and that.s the reason why wer in a mess right now can you imagine if Obama and his administration was in jail right now? we would live in peace.

• All the terrorist need to be shot on site then the rioting, looting, and destruction will stop!!

• isn't that the truth

• I'm all for that.

• This reply was deleted.
    • The Charges are a joke... and it appears they were released without bail... Pres. Trump needs to fire the prosecutor and move that the judge hearing the case recuse himself and appoint a hardline judge if there is such a thing in the NW... to hear the cases.

• The Charges are a joke... right?  It appears that only the assault charges and one arson charge are serious criminal charges.  In addition, it appears they were released without bail and are demanding expensive jury trials... they need to be charged with Domestic Terrorism, insurrection, and destruction of Government property... released only on cash bail and held without bail for those on terrorist charges ... held without bail.  We need to set examples with these arrests not set them free... to laugh at the government and to encourage more insurrection.  What is the prosescutor thinking?

This reply was deleted.