ADMIN

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sure as hell would be nice if it was 50 states but this is a good start; who knows, the Dems might have actually steped in it again and people are getting tired of it OR there's a heck of a lot of poiticians out there that are afraid for their cushy jobs!!!!!!!!!

• Good start at what ... throwing in the towel?  Less than 2% of the state legislators in America are calling for a recall election... less than 2% with all the evidence of fraud should tell us that the State Legislatures are as compromised as Congress... maybe worse.

• It was about 2% of the population that fought the civil war

• Three percent of the American Colonial population at the time of the revolutionary war would be 75,000.  A  cursory exam of the Revolutionary war will reveal that over 250,000 men served in the Continental Army at some point during the conflict. Although the standing size of the Continental Army never exceeded 90,000 at any given time.   Malitia units came and went depending on the need and pending battles.

There is the “three percent” myth...  born out of a mistaken claim that only 80,000 served in the Continental Army during the war. The 1780 population of the Colonies is estimated at 2,780,369, if only 80K served in the Continental Army that gives us a 2.96% participation rate in the Continental Army. The strength and composition of the Continental Army varied greatly from time to time.  Wars at that time were fought with militas who needed to tend to their farms and business in between major battles... resulting in a mix of units and individuals serving at different times.

When one asks what percent of colonists supported the revolution... one must consider more than just those who served in the Continental Army. Many colonialists RESISTED the British in ways other than combat? The current academic thought is that 20 percent of the colonists were Loyalists — remained loyal to England. Leaving 80% as neutral or actively engaged in passive resistance to the Crown.  Not much different than the current Patriot versus the Marxist mix of support for the current Federal Government.

Official Records show that over 250,000 men served in the Continental Army during the American Revolution... However, no more than 90,000  at any particular time. The Continental Army was composed mainly of militia volunteers. These men would come and go as they were needed, tending to their fields and families in between periods of service. The art of war at the time was completely different than the intense and continuous engagements of modern warfare. Hence Washington's army was in a state of constant flux. Requiring George to constantly petition the Continental Congress for troops and support.

Overall, the vast majority of the colonials were in support of the Revolutionary War...

• I am so upset that the COS has not been pushed by us and our TP admins consistently and with far more fervor.  So much of this would br moot.  Too much talk: not enough action!

• Various attempts to call an Article 5 convention have been around for decades and none of them have ever managed to get the requisite 34 States to call the Convention... the Balanced Budget Amendment came the closest with 27 States petitioning for an Article 5... most of those resolutions have been repealed.

• Ron, try, try, try, again.  I think I can; I think I can: I think I can.  I knew I could!  Third time is the charm!  These are not resolutions!  These are amendments and cannot be reversed   They would be supported as is amendment #1 and #2,  The glass is always half full.  Mark Levin is solidly behind this effort....

• I agree ... However, there have been multiple attempts at calling an article 5 convention and only one came close... with 7 states short of the 34 required. History reveals a long chain of failed attempts... at calling an Article 5 Convention of States as the means to consider and ratify Amendments to the US Constitution.

It is not defeatist to point out past problems... or to suggest repeating the same thing over and over, only to fail each time, might suggest a new approach is needed to achieve our objectives. I am against using failed strategies over and over, only to fail again.  We must be constructive and open to new methods for achieving our objectives or we will continue to be disappointed.

• Maybe it's time to take a page or two from the lefts 'Rules for Radicals ' or too adopt Lech Walesa's Polish Solidarity Movements plan for reform... passive-aggressive labor and tax strikes, sit-ins, and denial of access demonstrations... blocking entrances to pubic buildings, key offices, streets, etc.

• Ron and Lynn Bryant DeSpain,     Our wonderful media – left and right!  - check this out!  

"The FBI does NOT want you to see this dramatic evidence. One protester yells: “Let’s go!” At the time, he was “trying to climb in through the door.” According to a witness, people cheered “in support” and crowded “the steps as police continue to physically block the one entrance that is not locked.” No, this isn’t a scene from the January 6 insurrection. It happened Thursday, October 14, 2021, at the Interior Department. The feds don’t want you to see it because they don’t plan to do a single thing about it."  https://patriotunitednews.com/video  

Lynn Bryant DeSpain
      Tea Party Command Center is a social network
This reply was deleted.