ADMIN

These 10 House Republicans voted to impeach Trump on Wednesday - CNNPolitics

Some of the Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump in January are already having their seats challenged and their ability to hold onto their place in Congress may be dependent on the moves the former president makes in the next 18 months.

Ten Republicans joined Democrats in impeaching Trump a historic second time, a move that was quickly met with condemnation back in their home states. They've been publicly scolded, pushed to resign and warned that local organizations will mount a strong push to oust them from office in the primary.

"After my last election, I had decided not to run again. But the vote by Congressman [David] Valadao to impeach President Trump with no witnesses, evidence, or without allowing any defense was too much for me to stay on the sidelines," Chris Mathys, a former Fresno, California, city council member, told Newsweek.

Valadao, who represents California's 21st district, wasn't in office during Trump's first impeachment, as he had been ousted from office in 2018 by Democrat TJ Coxx. In November, Valadao won back his seat from the Democrat who beat him in 2018 by less than a point. The Republican placed blame on Trump for the Capitol riot, saying that his rhetoric was "un-American, abhorrent and absolutely an impeachable offense."

read more:

https://www.newsweek.com/10-republicans-voted-impeach-trump-7-already-facing-challenges-their-seats-congress-1565248

You need to be a member of Command Center to add comments!

Join Command Center

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• These are all the REAL TRAITORS to the United States. And should not be in any office anymore. Lets all vote them out.

• Funny how they all look like Democrats!

• They are not conservatives, and they hate the United States of America and the Constitution.

• That's right, Atv. As soon as they go against Trump, these people are automoatically no longer conservative and they hate the USA & the Constitution.

• that's the fact good for you my friend

• We the People are cleaning house in Congress so to our Republicans in Congress stand with us fight for the country and we will support you.

• there out of their mind and crazy all of them deserve to go back to their regular work if they know what the word means.

• Bought or extorted, none are fit.

All are Grand Old Party office holders.

None may hide behind difference of opinion.

• I NEVER give money to candidates that are running but I always vote. I will definately send money to the candidate running against globalist liz cheney. They all need to get the message......you dont represent us maybe try running as a democrat instead. Liz your father sent our youngest, bravest and most loyal to fight and die to put money in his pocket. President Trump brought them home. How are you in office?

• Lying Liz Cheney is burnt toast.  I doubt she could get elected as a dog catcher in Wyoming.  I will never vote for her again.  I will raise my voice against her, and do everything I can to support a candidate who opposes her.

This reply was deleted.