White House: Clinton’s 'Signature' on Benghazi Docs Doesn't Mean She Knew of Them

(CNSNews.com) – The White House dismissed the signature of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on documents ignoring security concerns in Benghazi, calling it “protocol” for government official “signatures” to appear on documents they did not sign.

“It is standard protocol that cables originating from the department in Washington go out under the authority of the current Secretary of State with their signature, i.e. their name, typed at the bottom,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday, using his fingers for quote marks when he said “signature.” He continued. “This practice has been in place throughout this administration and across prior administrations, both Democratic and Republican.”

A report by five House committees released Tuesday found that Senior State Department officials, including Clinton, approved reductions in security at the facilities in Benghazi, Libya. The report cites an April 19, 2012, cable bearing Clinton's signature acknowledging a March 28, 2012, request from then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Gene Cretz for more security, yet allowing further reductions.

read more:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/white-house-clinton-s-signature...

Views: 1301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its not a dead state of mind.  Is it! Its sizzling if its not. HUH. Honestly there is no way I can be this stupid. (Been deprived)!! If relevance is a code word. Keep pissing me off.

For the idiots GET IT. If you are not an idiot. I love U no C. R. A. P.

Hush my darling dont say a word.

obtw. If am declared the last of the mohicans. So be it. My tea party only exist  too expand freedom. Take the reign from the elected."Whom we know r Idiot the thieves n tng. 

If anyone can send out documents with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's signature on it why do we need a Secretary of State, evidently Secretary of State is just a figure head. Who are the real people who make these decisions for her? Same goes for Fast & Furious who are these people who make these decisions for DOJ head eric holder why pay him if the decisions are made by some unknown person. It's a waste of tax payers money to pay him for doing nothing but suing states for trying to make voting more legitimate by having a photo ID to vote. Same for the potus if all he is going to do is campaign for more money what do we need him for he doesn't seem to know about anything that's going on in his regime is he just there to cover up mistakes for his democratic regime? Below is a link to a cover up lie by barack hussein obama,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3V7Oqe1q-g

The "signature" as Carney referred to means that if someone else were to sign off on the cable using Clinton's name, that person had the delegated authority to do that. BUT, it also means that that authority and more importantly, the responsibility still remains with Clinton - a delegated authority is NOT a method for leaders to hide so as to keep their 'hands clean', and if you delegate YOUR authority it means also that you fully trust that other person to act in your behalf-

How f**king stupid do they think we are?

I can't take it any longer!!!

They ALL have to go!!! Period!  NOW!!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Romney Handed Shock
Defeat By Own State’s GOP

Mitt Romney is back in state politics, this time in Utah instead of Massachusetts. However, conservatives in The Beehive State aren’t exactly warming up to the 2012 Republican standard-bearer quite the way many people expected they would.

After finishing second in votes at the state GOP convention, Romney will now face a primary in his run for the Senate seat being vacated by Orrin Hatch, Fox News reported.

At the convention in West Valley City on Saturday, Romney polled just behind state lawmaker Mike Kennedy.

Kennedy captured 50.18 percent of the delegate vote compared to Romney’s 49.12 percent.

That means the two will face off in a primary on June 26 to determine who will represent the GOP this fall.

Romney, the first Mormon to head a major party ticket, is considered an extremely popular figure in Utah and was widely expected to have an easy path to the upper chamber.

In a hypothetical matchup with Democrat Jenny Wilson, at least one poll showed Romney up by 46 percent. That’s, uh, slightly more than the margin of error.

However, among party loyalists, Romney isn’t exactly viewed with unalloyed fondness.

The 2012 presidential nominee was always known for being decidedly moderate, particularly on issues of immigration and global trade. There was also the fact that he ran a campaign so bumbling that it almost made Michael Dukakis look good.

And then there was Romney’s war of words with Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign, which likely led many to perceive he secretly wished Hillary Clinton would take the Oval Office.

Trump would later consider Romney as a secretary of state pick, although how serious the president-elect was about appointing him is something we’ll likely never know.

While your average Utah Republican is unlikely to let these slights affect their vote, hardcore party activists probably don’t want another RINO who isn’t exactly known for his rapport with the president in the upper chamber of Congress, no matter how famous he may be.

For his part, Romney tried to put a good spin on the humiliation.

“I’m delighted with the outcome. Did very, very well,” he told KSTU. “On to a good, important primary ahead. This is terrific for the people of Utah.”

Dude, you just lost to a guy nobody has ever heard of. However, Kennedy was happy with the results, and unlike Romney, he had good reason to be.

“I’m a candidate with a compelling life story and a unique set of life circumstances I’d like to use to serve the people of Utah,” Kennedy said.

I have no idea what that story or those circumstances are, but I think the key point here is that he’s not Mitt Romney. If he wants to win, that’s pretty much what he should be focusing on. I can see the billboards now. “Mike Kennedy: Not Mitt Romney.” “Mike Kennedy: He didn’t borrow Ward Cleaver’s haircut.” “Mike Kennedy: Because Utah deserves a senator whose favorite food isn’t buttered noodles.”

Utah’s electorate tends to be less conservative than convention-goers, so it’s unlikely that Romney won’t be the GOP nominee for Senate. However, that’s not a 100 percent certainty — and it wouldn’t be the first time he’s lost to a Kennedy.

What do you think?

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service