White House: Clinton’s 'Signature' on Benghazi Docs Doesn't Mean She Knew of Them

(CNSNews.com) – The White House dismissed the signature of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on documents ignoring security concerns in Benghazi, calling it “protocol” for government official “signatures” to appear on documents they did not sign.

“It is standard protocol that cables originating from the department in Washington go out under the authority of the current Secretary of State with their signature, i.e. their name, typed at the bottom,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday, using his fingers for quote marks when he said “signature.” He continued. “This practice has been in place throughout this administration and across prior administrations, both Democratic and Republican.”

A report by five House committees released Tuesday found that Senior State Department officials, including Clinton, approved reductions in security at the facilities in Benghazi, Libya. The report cites an April 19, 2012, cable bearing Clinton's signature acknowledging a March 28, 2012, request from then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Gene Cretz for more security, yet allowing further reductions.

read more:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/white-house-clinton-s-signature...

Views: 1315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the Sec. of State DELEGATES signing authority, she still has the RESPONSIBILITY.  Otherwise, the signature means NOTHING. 

Of course, when Democrats are in charge, the only signatures that mean anything are those on their "good intentions" actions.

She has been lying and denying for too long now.....her medical scares were just excuses to buy sympothy...time for this poor excuse of a woman to stand up and face the charges and pay for them. She is a true democrat....she will lie, deny and swear to anything just to win. Its people like her, and Obama that will be the downfall of our once great America....its time to clean house and get rid of these leeches that suck the blood out of all of us. If they want to live in a communist world let them move to Cuba or Russia and get the hell out of our beautiful America.

She's an attorney.  She's a harden politician.  She should have known better.  The White House can come up with every excuse in the book and then some...she's still at fault!  

But then, again, if she knew... obama knew...they ALL knew!  A gun running, phony kidnapping gone horribly wrong!  

One thing Obama did NOT lie about... his administration IS transparent.  Unfortunately, for us, others suffer and die from his transparency. 

What's the use of having a Secretary of State if anyone can sign off on anything for her and without her knowing. Is America going to fall for this overreaching lie?

Work harder, dig deeper, look under every rock, follow all leads,
sniff her out----She's guilty of something.

Bradley... at the very minimum she is guilty of malfeasance in office. 

Her inept  leadership is clearly demonstrated by her claims that she permitted others to sign documents for her without properly vetting that person or supervising them.  She is incapable of taking responsibility and when she claims to take responsibility she immediately expects to avoids the consequences for her failures. 

This woman is unworthy of holding high office... Under her guidance Egyptian a former US ally under President Mubarak's leadership was destabilized and replaced by a radical Muslim Brotherhood government.  Under her leadership the State Department destabilized Libya and replaced a somewhat moderate Islamic government, with another radical Islamic regime... She prompted events leading up to Bengahzi and the gun running fiasco in Syria. She is behind the attempt to destabilize Syria but unlike Egypt her foreign policy has been unable to do so.  America may will be coaxed into using direct military force to replace the Syria's government with another Muslim Brotherhood regime. 

The entire middle East has been destabilized by Sec. Clinton's foreign policy ventures... she has created a crucible for Islamic extremism to flourish under her regime.  Her policies are giving rise to a unified Islamic Caliphate in the Mid-East... hardly in the interest of the US or our allies.

Ron---I suppose I shouldn't be so ficious in here, but being so
seems to help me maintain a little humor, but yes, you sited
everything correctly about what Hillary is guilty of and should
one day be held accountable.

I might add that Obama should be held accountable for Hillary's
lack of performance as he says the buck stops with him. One
more item added to the 95 impeachable offenses already
pending against him you know?

Come on GOP, get this witch.

Hillary, and BILL NEVER HAD SEX WITH THAT WOMAN.

I suspect Obama has something on her. Only reason i can think of as to why she did not fight harder for the presidency. If this is the case he may want her to be the next Pres so he can continue to get cover.

You may be right.... everyone of them has something to hide.  BUT if she became president (GOD forbid) she'd throw that skinny muslim under the bus faster than he threw her!  And the ones that "crossed" her...would find themselves in deep trouble!   She'd make Valerie Jarrett's remarks look like a kindergarten rhyme. 

I wonder who thinks this BS up ? If she didn't know of any security concerns , how and why is her signature on the documents . This woman who is allegedly a lawyer would or should know enough not to sign anything with out reading it . And in a court of law , ignorance is no defense , she should know that also . But then again we are dealing with a Clinton , they can lie with the best of them .

She , Hillary , needs to be brought up on charges of willful dereliction of duty right along with Obozo who just up and went to bed as American Citizens were left to be murdered .

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

President Trump Threatens To Close Southern Border 

President Trump issued a blunt warning to Mexico and other Central American nations over their failure to stop illegal migrants and criminal cartels targeting the U.S. southern border, saying he would send the military and shut down the southern border. Trump made his threat in tweet storm Thursday morning in which he said the newly negotiated trade deal with Mexico would take second place to border security.

Over 4,000 migrants are now reported to be in the caravan headed to the U.S.

A horde of thousands migrants from Honduras and other Central American countries on an organized to the U.S. are approaching the Mexican border. Mexico is reportedly sending federal police to stop them.

Over 16,000 illegal alien migrant family units were arrested at the southern border in September.

“I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S…..

….In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught – and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..

….The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade or the USMCA. Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border. All Democrats fault for weak laws!”

Donald J. Trump   realDonaldTrump

I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS, from entering Mexico to U.S.....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....In addition to stopping all payments to these countries, which seem to have almost no control over their population, I must, in the strongest of terms, ask Mexico to stop this onslaught - and if unable to do so I will call up the U.S. Military and CLOSE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER!..

Donald J. Trump  realDonaldTrump

....The assault on our country at our Southern Border, including the Criminal elements and DRUGS pouring in, is far more important to me, as President, than Trade or the USMCA. Hopefully Mexico will stop this onslaught at their Northern Border. All Democrats fault for weak laws!

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service