Whistleblowers: IRS officials behind ‘fraudulent’ multi-billion dollar corporate tax giveaways

IRSArt

A 10-year veteran Internal Revenue Service (IRS) attorney has demanded a Congressional audit of the IRS to investigate the agency’s alleged role in allowing American corporations to illegally avoid paying billions of dollars in taxes at the same time the agency is cracking down on individuals and small businesses.

In a letter to Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, IRS commissioner John A. Koskinen, and IRS chief counsel William Wilkins, Jane J. Kim, an attorney in the IRS Office of the Chief Counsel in New York, accused IRS executives of “deliberately” facilitating multi-billion dollar tax giveaways. The letter, dated October 19, will add further pressure on the agency, which is under fire for allegedly targeting conservative and Tea Party groups.

Kim, who has previously blown the whistle on “gross waste of government resources” in the IRS New York field offices, wrote in her new letter that senior IRS officials have “intentionally undermined the authority of the IRS Whistleblower Office” to avoid taking action “in cases involving billions in corporate taxes due.” The IRS also refuses to enforce laws for “large corporate taxpayers,” resulting in giveaways of further billions, despite applying the same laws with “draconian strictness to small business, the self-employed, and wage-earning individuals.”

The IRS attorney’s letter was copied to Jason Foster, chief investigative counsel for the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, as well as several other senators and Congressional representatives, including Elizabeth Warren, Maxine Waters, Alan Grayson, Bernie Sanders, Charles Grassley, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz. They could not be reached for comment.

Whistleblowers shut down

Following coverage of her earlier allegations by Pulitzer Prize winning tax journalist David Cay Johnston, Kim was approached by a private sector lawyer representing corporate whistleblowers to the IRS, who told her that numerous legitimate investigations into corporate tax fraud were being shut down. Her letter sent on Sunday to the US Treasury and IRS described three such cases.

In one case, the IRS was auditing a US company that fraudulently under-reported its profits by nearly $3 billion annually. On behalf of the IRS, the whistleblower had drafted a detailed report proving the fraud, but the agency “closed its audit without ever asking a question or reviewing the documents submitted.” As much as $4 billion in taxes were lost.

In another instance, “a solid case” allegedly involving $6 billion of taxes due was “inexplicably shut down” according to IRS criminal investigation agents. Instead, detailed evidence of fraud and malfeasance “in hundreds to thousands of specific accounts” was ignored. The agent blamed links between senior IRS executives and outside corporations associated with the case.

read more here: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/whistleblowers-irs-officials-beh...

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Moses, leader of Israel, had a saying... Like Priest - Like People.

That saying holds double for..Like President - like his cronies.. 

We have learned the great truth of that law of human relations...and don't expect much more and are not surprised at corruption from the top down, most especially within agencies that handle or assign large amounts of money like the IRS.

But it is very sad....that now in 2014,  elections will no longer solve the problem in the USA. It is not that simple. Corruption par-excellence is on display at the top. But that corruption could never have been put on top  (and kept there for a second term)  if there hadn't been a great degree of corruption of morals and devotion to honor and duty at all levels of the voting public. 

The only remedy now is , in the terms used by our fore-fathers; An Old Fasioned Holy Ghost and Fire Revival of Preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  which is what put the fear of God in the pilgrims who first settled this New World  and in the Founding Fathers themselves. 

But America has crossed God's deadline of rebellion and utter blasphemy of His Name, His Person and His True Gospel of Salvation through the Blood of Jesus when he died to pay for all sin of all mankind on Calvary's Cross about 2,000 years ago.

NO I BELIEVE that mankind has had their chance. IT IS GOD"S MOVE NEXT-but first before he pours out judgment upon this earth. HE will take his jewels, the Body of Christ the Church, out of this world.

Only then will JEHOVAH GOD pour out his wrath on this blaspheming earth.as described in the Book of Revelation, found in the Bible.

CONCLUSION:  There is no permanent remedy for the problems of the USA in 2014.

Great post. And I agree.

The IRS needs to be shutdown.  If we are to have an IRS , we need to start all over with totally new people who have had nothing to do with the IRS in any way. If we cannot do this....SHUT EM DOWN !!

The absolute only way to eradicate the IRS is to repeal the 16th Amendment.

This is why our Government needs to be purged from top to bottom!  It isn't as if there are no provisions for keeping the IRS monitored:

IRS Oversight Organizations

Federal Oversight Organizations

GAO

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) is an agency that works for Congress and the American people. Congress asks GAO to study the programs and expenditures of the federal government. GAO, commonly called the investigative arm of Congress or the congressional watchdog, is independent and nonpartisan. It studies how the federal government spends taxpayer dollars.

OMB

The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) assists the President in the development and implementation of budget program, management and regulatory policies. It conducts in-depth regulatory review of significant rules proposed by federal agencies as well as promotes best practices management across the federal government.

TIGTA

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) provides audit and investigative services that promote economy, efficiency and integrity in the administration of the internal revenue laws.

Dismantle fascist iRs  org, put irs crooks in prison starting with falsified tax returns evidence from bogus Ss

# submitted by o.

This is just one of the many reasons that prove that the IRS needs to be abolished and replaced by the Fair Tax!

Or is that money being funneled into Terrorist Activities via the US Government and Obama's Mud Slime Blood Hoodlum appointees?

I'm glad to see that the Tea Party opposes tax giveaways to big corporations! Until now, I wasn't sure.

We need to outlaw extortion. Please watch this series of short videos.

http://youtu.be/LABSciCyd0U

there are lots of citizens, self included, who have had monies illegally taken from them by state and Fed tax agencies...  for me:  they owe me tens of thousands haven't received refunds for many years, can't get it back and though they owe me back taxes, the state of CA recently illegally levied two years of what they owe me out of my bank account when I attempted to get them to pay me.  Retaliation.  IRS owes me four years, CA owes five years plus the monies taken.  I'm reading about thousands of other citizens they are doing this to.  Homes, bank accounts, everything.   Wonder if their corruptions of letting off corps for billions, in $10k here, and $20k there type thefts from so many citizens they are trying to "balance" the financial records to not make it look so gaping? Sure the officials are getting paid to let the tax cheats off. 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Angry Dem Impeachment ‘Witness’: Pam Karlan Donated Thousands To Hillary And Was On Clinton’s List For Potential SCOTUS Nomination

Image result for Pam Karlan

The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, kicked off its first impeachment circus Wednesday morning.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

One of the witnesses the Dems rolled out is an angry Hillary Clinton donor who was on Crooked’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

No wonder why this unhinged, dowdy woman is so pissed off!

“Professor Pam Karlan donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination. So she certainly has no vendetta against President Trump,” GOP Rep. Mark Walker said.

Congressman Walker also pointed out that Noah Feldman, the Dems first partisan witness in Wednesday’s hearing tweeted about impeaching Trump right after he was sworn in.

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

Meet Noah Feldman, House Democrats first partisan witness.

Look at the date of this tweet. He has been trying to get @realDonaldTrump impeached since 46 days into his presidency.

His reason? Trump criticized President Obama.

This is a sham impeachment with sham witnesses. https://twitter.com/NoahRFeldman/status/839185127494254592 

Noah Feldman @NoahRFeldman

Trump's wiretap tweets raise risk of impeachment http://bv.ms/2mY1ueX  via @BV

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

The next witness, Karlan, has donated thousands to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

So she certainly has no vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

These witnesses are as serious as House Democrats impeachment case: not at all.

The entire sham show trial is stacked with partisan hacks who have wanted to impeach Trump from the moment he won in November of 2016.

Norm Eisen, the Democrats’ counsel who is blasting Trump and questioning witnesses in Wednesday’s show trial, tweeted about impeaching Trump before Donald Trump was even sworn into office!

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service