What Would You Be Willing To Do If The GOP Steals The Nomination?

The Tea Party Research Team predicted this! ...but what are you willing to do about it? Let the GOP get away with silencing the voice of the people? 

Or are you willing to............?

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

“The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That’s the conflict here,” Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC’s “ Squawk Box ” on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don’t hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump ’s huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

This could lead to a brokered convention, in which unbound delegates, like Haugland, could play a significant swing role on the first ballot to choose a nominee.

Most delegates bound by their state’s primary or caucus results are only committed on the first ballot. If subsequent ballots are needed, virtually all of the delegates can vote any way they want, said Gary Emineth, another unbound delegate from North Dakota.

“It could introduce Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, or it could be the other candidates that have already been in the race and are now out of the race [such as] Mike Huckabee [or] Rick Santorum. All those people could eventually become candidates on the floor,” Emineth said.

House Speaker Paul Ryan , who decided not to run for the White House this year, said in a CNBC interview Tuesday he won’t categorically rule out accepting the GOP nomination if a deadlocked convention were to turn to him.

Democrats experienced the last true brokered presidential convention to go beyond the first ballot in 1952. Republicans came close at their 1976 convention.

“The rules haven’t kept up,” Haugland said. “The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That’s just the way it is. I can’t help it. Don’t hate me because I love the rules.”

Haugland said he sent a letter to each campaign alerting them to a rule change he’s proposing, which would allow any candidate who earns at least one delegate during the nominating process to submit his or her name to be nominated at this summer’s convention.

If the GOP race continues at the same pace, Trump would likely have a plurality of delegates. So far, he’s more than halfway to the 1,237 magic number.

Trump split Tuesday’s winner-take-all primaries in Florida and Ohio.

The real estate mogul dominated in Florida over Sen. Marco Rubio , who dropped out of the race after losing his home state.

But Trump lost Ohio to the state’s governor, John Kasich . Trump also won Illinois and North Carolina. He held a slim lead over Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in Missouri early Wednesday.

Emineth, also a former chairman of the North Dakota Republican Party, told “Squawk Box” in the same interview that he’s concerned about party officials pulling “some shenanigan.”

“You have groups of people who are going to try to take over the rules committee,” he warned. “[That] could totally change everything, and mess things up with the delegates. And people across the country will be very frustrated.”

“It’s important that the Republican National Committee has transparency on what they’re doing [on the rules] going into the convention and what happens in the convention,” he continued. That’s because of “all the votes that have been cast in caucuses and primaries. Don’t disenfranchise those voters. Because at the end of the day, our goal is to beat Hillary Clinton or whoever their [Democratic] nominee is in November.”

Emineth said he’s worried that frustration would discourage Americans in the general election from voting Republican.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/rnc-member-choose-nominee-public-149316/#st...

Views: 27022

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

throw out both parties PERIOD, 3rd. PARTY OF THE PEOPLE

I agree!! TIME for "I vote Republican because I am a Republican" or "I vote Democrat because I am a Democrat" to END!! That is NOT a Human identity!!

TIME for US Sovereignty, Liberty and US Constitution to be THE REASON TO VOTE---PERIOD!

Time for the Public Officials in Office and the "secret societies" to get the HELL out of USA!!!

GHW Bush family are NAZI Sympathizers and too many Americans have suffered, DIED and had their lives catastrophically altered for the POWERS THAT BE!!!

George Soros and Foreign influence has a hold on USA!!! TIME for USA to regain US Sovereignty, Liberty and the US Constitution--pre-1964!!

for months tea party command center has been blocking and bothering the things that I write.  Changing words and being a nuisance, they don't want me to express my comments.  I suppose they think that this isn't a place for First Amendment.  Furthermore, I don't think they like my plainspoken and direct attitude towards people of the government.  It is obvious that I need to report them as spam.

They all are part of the "Establishment"! They all are holding "secret  meetings" to destroy USA and the LEGAL American Citizens!!

TIME for a reckoning!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway ... John Wayne

NOW is the TIME for all good men (and women) to come to the aid of their Country ... John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Ladies and Gentlemen the time is short the question is what would I do if the GOP stole the nomination? the answer is obvious its getting that way so that the guy in the white house will be the next king of the United State, and furthermore the Anti CHrist will come to rule the world since the world is on fire

Jeff

things aren't in a good place, no doubt. But things aren't all that much different than they have been before. There's a bunch of similarities to the 60s as example - not as bad yet though. The world was on fire then too, Viet Nam, Ireland was at war with itself- and it was a global issue, race tensions were far worse than now, etc. It looked then to be in the last days too.

point being, nothing wrong with preparation but betting it all on it being the last days of end times is a risky bet. 

I understand that but on the other hand now we have beheaded going on now, not back than that's the difference

I do believe I will walk by being Independent. I also believe the GOP wishes Clinton will be the next President.

DHS signature

Written testimony of ICE Director for March 17 a House Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Homeland Security hearing on the Fiscal Year 2017 budget request for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director Sarah Saldaña addresses the President’s Fiscal Year 2017 budget request for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

[dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect]Stop.Think.Connect.

Stop.Think.Connect. March 2016 Update

In This Issue

• Avoiding Online Fraud Takes More Than Luck
  • AARP Fraud Watch Network
  • Digital Spring Cleaning Tips
  • Upcoming Digital Spring Cleaning Twitter Chat: April 7
  • Cyber in the News: White House Releases Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP)

DHS signature

Written testimony of USSS Director  for a March 15 House Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Homeland Security hearing on the Secret Services’ Fiscal Year 2017 budget request.

USSS Director Joseph Clancy addresses the President’s Fiscal Year 2017 Budget for the Secret Service.

Communist Poll Says 62% Of Americans Won't Vote For Trump

This Poll Was Taken By The Clinton Foundation For Bigger Bribes. All 62 People Are Voting For Clinton. Did You Know That The Largest Champagne Contributor To Hanoi John Kerry's campaign Was Mitt Romney's Bain Capital? Check It Out.

Have You Noticed That The Media Picks And Chooses The News It Wishes The People To Receive? Why Isn't The Ambush Murder Of Lavoy Finicum Being Covered Rather Than Being Covered Up. Have You Seen The Two Videos? He Wasn't Going For A Gun. He Was Going For A Gun Shot Wound. His Arms Were Outstretched Christ Like.. The Video Shows No Gun. Only Peaceful Lavoy Being Gunned Down.He Was Shot In The Back By A Guy Who Could Have Tackled Him. Was he Shot In The Face? Before Or After He Was Dead?

If He Was A Kid In Chicago Shot By 16 Police Officers, Chicago Would Be In Flames Right Now. But A 69 Year Old Cowboy Means Nothing To The Party Of Death And It's Communist Media.

Back To The BS Polls. My Polls Are Never Wrong. They Are 100% Accurate. Stashu And Wanda Predict The Turnout Will Set A National Record. El Trumpo Will Get 40% Of The Latino Vote. 30% Of The African American Vote 75% Of The Catholic Vote Now That The Pope Called Obama A Shet Head.100% Of The American Vote.

Anyone Who Stays Home Regardless Of Who They Support Is A Traitor And Cannot Complain About The Outcome They Caused By Not Voting. The Ballot Is Freedom's Bullet And We Must Vote To Preserve Individual Freedom For All. Whether You Are Conservative Or Communist You Have A God Given Obligation To Strike A Blow For Freedom.

If Conservatives Band Together To Stop Trump I Am One Foot Out The Door Already. Once That Becomes Obvious. I Join The Spirit Of America Party. SOAP. I Want that Clean Feeling.

On The Plains Of Hesitation Bleach The Bones Of Countless Millions Who Upon The Threshold Of Victory Sat Down And Waited And waiting They Died.

This Country Is Yours To Keep Or Lose. Viva El Trumpo, Viva Christo Rey, Vaya Con Te Fiesta. VIVA SOAP. More Tea Anybody?

Http://Www.Blogtalkradio.Com/Spiritofamericapartybook/2015/12/23/Tr...

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden On Violence Against Women:   We Have To Keep ‘Punching At It, And Punching At It, And Punching At It’

The audience laughed as he said this.

Former Vice President Joe Biden said that America needs to be “punching” back to combat violence against women during Wednesday’s Democratic debate.

Biden was asked if he would tackle specific issues regarding the #MeToo movement at the beginning of his presidency, if he were to be elected. The former vice president previously sponsored the 1994 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), which aimed to protect victims of domestic violence.

The presidential candidate responded to the question about assaulting women by using the phrase “punching” repeatedly, apparently not thinking about the implications of using such a word.

“No man has a right to raise a hand to a woman in anger other than in self-defense, and that rarely ever occurs,” Biden said. “So we have to just change the culture, period, and keep punching at it and punching at it and punching at it. No, I really mean it.”

A few people laughed in the audience as he said this.

Biden added that it is important to pass the Violence Against Women Act, which has passed in the House and held up in the Senate. The former Vice President also suggested that America has to “fundamentally change the culture” of how women are treated, noting that it is “everyone’s responsibility.”

“It’s a gigantic issue, and we have to make it clear from the top, from the president on down that we will not tolerate it,” Biden said. “We will not tolerate this culture.”

Tucker's big takeaways from the Trump impeachment saga

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service