What Would You Be Willing To Do If The GOP Steals The Nomination?

The Tea Party Research Team predicted this! ...but what are you willing to do about it? Let the GOP get away with silencing the voice of the people? 

Or are you willing to............?

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

“The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That’s the conflict here,” Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC’s “ Squawk Box ” on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don’t hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump ’s huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

This could lead to a brokered convention, in which unbound delegates, like Haugland, could play a significant swing role on the first ballot to choose a nominee.

Most delegates bound by their state’s primary or caucus results are only committed on the first ballot. If subsequent ballots are needed, virtually all of the delegates can vote any way they want, said Gary Emineth, another unbound delegate from North Dakota.

“It could introduce Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, or it could be the other candidates that have already been in the race and are now out of the race [such as] Mike Huckabee [or] Rick Santorum. All those people could eventually become candidates on the floor,” Emineth said.

House Speaker Paul Ryan , who decided not to run for the White House this year, said in a CNBC interview Tuesday he won’t categorically rule out accepting the GOP nomination if a deadlocked convention were to turn to him.

Democrats experienced the last true brokered presidential convention to go beyond the first ballot in 1952. Republicans came close at their 1976 convention.

“The rules haven’t kept up,” Haugland said. “The rules are still designed to have a political party choose its nominee at a convention. That’s just the way it is. I can’t help it. Don’t hate me because I love the rules.”

Haugland said he sent a letter to each campaign alerting them to a rule change he’s proposing, which would allow any candidate who earns at least one delegate during the nominating process to submit his or her name to be nominated at this summer’s convention.

If the GOP race continues at the same pace, Trump would likely have a plurality of delegates. So far, he’s more than halfway to the 1,237 magic number.

Trump split Tuesday’s winner-take-all primaries in Florida and Ohio.

The real estate mogul dominated in Florida over Sen. Marco Rubio , who dropped out of the race after losing his home state.

But Trump lost Ohio to the state’s governor, John Kasich . Trump also won Illinois and North Carolina. He held a slim lead over Texas Sen. Ted Cruz in Missouri early Wednesday.

Emineth, also a former chairman of the North Dakota Republican Party, told “Squawk Box” in the same interview that he’s concerned about party officials pulling “some shenanigan.”

“You have groups of people who are going to try to take over the rules committee,” he warned. “[That] could totally change everything, and mess things up with the delegates. And people across the country will be very frustrated.”

“It’s important that the Republican National Committee has transparency on what they’re doing [on the rules] going into the convention and what happens in the convention,” he continued. That’s because of “all the votes that have been cast in caucuses and primaries. Don’t disenfranchise those voters. Because at the end of the day, our goal is to beat Hillary Clinton or whoever their [Democratic] nominee is in November.”

Emineth said he’s worried that frustration would discourage Americans in the general election from voting Republican.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/rnc-member-choose-nominee-public-149316/#st...

Views: 26881

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My reply is, if your going to screw the voters over and put some other traitorous Republican to run against Hillary and vote out Trump, then we will be getting the same traitorous idiot in there just as bad as Hillary, then I know myself and many others will vote straight Democrat.   Hillary can't be as bad as a rigged Republican Convention.  The country will be screwed either way and you will definitely have a coup.  You think BLM is bad wait till you piss off Trumps big fan base.  The regular Republican politicians want to keep robbing the Americans and steal our money and make it as bad for us as possible.  If this happens,  IT WILL BE WAR AGAINST THE TRAITOROUS GOVERNMENT AS IT STANDS AND NO PRISONERS TAKEN.

I have seen several comments concerning a Trump/Cruz ticket.  I have been singing this song for a very long time especially on the Tea Party medium.  I have never received one comment or reply to any of my posts.  I have sent comments to Dee and others inquiring as to why and all correspondence was of no avail. Now the Tea Party is looking for answers for the question of what to do if the GOP "steals" the Nomination?  At the present time the powers that be would not steal anything.  They are attempting to maintain the same status and foot hold that have been so prevalent in the past so they can conduct business as usual.  Most GOP personnel are afraid of loosing their status which is driving them to toward grasping at straws.  The comment relating to "stealing" is nothing but a buzz word that has no consequence other than creating panic of the voters thus enabling the current GOP members to cause panic and institute their subversive dirty tricks to oust The new Guy on the block.  GOP upper crust has already made comments to the effect that ( IF SHOULD READ WHEN) Mr. Trump gets gets the nomination that the Republican Party will throw support behind the Democratic challenger.Most of the current issues would never have manifested themselves  if the GOP would have poured the heat on the current Democratic administration for all the illegal  underhanded things that they did to "steal" everything that was not nailed down.  At the present time if you were able to place 95% of all Democrats and Republicans into a large bag, then shake it vigorously and then turn it downside you would see both parties fall out at the same time.  I believe that the Trump/Cruz would make an awesome team.  Sarah Palin as Secretary of State.  Trey Gowdy as Atty General. Ben Carson as Surgeon Gen.  Get rid of all the Czars that just take up space and get a free ride.         

I AGREE NO CZARS !!  YES  TREY /  SARAH  /  BEN   IN AN OFFICE    NOT SURE ABOUT VICE PRES .!!   CRUZ IS A VERY BIG QUESTION TO ME ????

Ted Cruz is not a natural born citizen, he cannot be president or vice president.

R,

I agree.
but will enough others NOT disagree?
What will the SCOTUS say?

They would say:........  "Pass me my drool-cup ? "

The SCOTUS has already acknowledged, both the term and the definition of a Natural-Born-Citizen.

But. they also said that ObamaCare was constitutional.

I guess it depends on who's paying them to say what.

As for the others........freedom is not free........each of us as freemen, have obligations, responsibilities and civic duties we must accept, to maintain that freedom.

I the people won't do what they need to do to stay free............................................

Please share this short video with those who don't yet know how the real power decisions are made in D.C.

https://www.facebook.com/RepresentUs/videos/1175706399109896/

The TEA Party held great promise when it started.
Now all I get are "begs" for $$$$!
TEA Party has degenerated into just another money grubbing political gang

When the IRS stopped 300 Conservative organizations from forming their non-profits, they took a lot of sting out of the Tea Party movement.

The Tea Party is based on individuals across the country forming political ties and associations.

We're missing those ties and associations.

What's left are bigger organizations that are more limited in scope.

We are fighting our own money.  The government subsidizes anti-American organizations in one form or the other.

They will never be stopped without the citizens also contributing to their own organizations.

You just have to be smart about it.

"True the Vote" and "Judicial Watch" are two groups that got direct results.   Groups like these should be supported.

Make up your own list.  Make sure that the people you support are getting results, but, they have to be supported, there is no way around it.

It's not if Its when they steal the nomination. They want Jeb or mitt the average citizen by screwed. The RNC hates real republicans like Cruz Lee Paul Mitch would support support Auschwitz for conservative if Osama bin Obama asked

There are many ways to wage war against the Federal Government. Not only does the House control the purse strings so do We the People. If they steal the nomination at the GOP convention We the people must show them who's boss. All Americans must withhold all money to the Federal Government stop all automatic withdrawals from your paychecks. Your tax liability does not have to be paid until April 15th of the following year. Put your money in your savings acct., under your bed, in a home safe. Don't allow them to have a dime until the last min.... Don't do any service to any Federal Government facility. No cleaning, no trash pick up, no computer maintenance services, no food sold to Federal employees. All truckers stop their trucks and SHUT DOWN AMERICA UNTIL THEY GET THE MESSAGE THAT WE THE PEOPLE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MORE OF THEIR COMMUNIST NEW WORLD ORDER CRAP. Demand they return our country to a Constitutional Republic. Take away their money withdraw all investments, stock in Wall Street, roll IRA's and 401K's into gold as the economists have been advising. Then if that for some reason doesn't work violence is another option. However be advised if violence is our only option, Obama and the Democrats have already signed papers with Cuba to have 250,000 troops enter the USA and they can be here along with UN troops within 6 hours. So if war is our only way to retain our freedom be prepared for it to be very bloody. Our time is now if we let them get away with shoving their establishment puppet down our throats then be prepared to be a NWO Communist Dictatorship ruled by the elite of the world. Anyone who doesn't believe me go on the UN website and read for yourselves what their plans are for We the People. It's all in black and white. Agenda 21 & Agenda 2030...The NWO plans to decrease the worlds population by minimum 3 billion people. Their plan is to control every single aspect of our lives and our children's lives. We will be servants of the New World Order and comply or die!!! I encourage all Americans to take away their money, stop automatic withholding from your payroll now.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Clinton Donor And Tax Cheat Tied To Russia

“Do as we say, not as we do.”

That seems to be the slogan for Hillary Clinton and her political allies, and it’s especially apt in light of new information about one of Clinton’s largest campaign donors.

While the left is still trying to attack President Trump and his family over unproven business dealings and largely debunked connections to Russia, a new report indicates that it was Hillary Clinton’s team who were doing those exact things.

“Fox News has learned that one of the top donors to the ‘Hillary Victory Fund’ (HVF) in 2016 was a Los Angeles-based attorney who is alleged to have misused company funds to create his own $22 million real estate portfolio,” that outlet reported on Thursday.

“He has also been considered by California to be one of the state’s biggest tax cheats, and allegedly has ties to the (Russian) Kremlin,” Fox continued.

The man’s name is Edgar Sargsyan. His deep pockets greatly benefited Clinton’s campaign, with contributions of at least $250,000 to the Hillary Victory Fund in 2016.

He was also in charge of an elite fundraising dinner to benefit Clinton, where donors paid $100,000 per couple just to attend the ritzy event. But in true Clinton fashion, the money apparently went missing.

Sargsyan is now “being sued by his former company for allegedly diverting those funds to start his own real estate company,” according to Fox.

Now, people are asking hard questions about Clinton’s buddy Sargsyan, including whether his contributions were part of a pay-to-play scheme and if he had shady connections to foreign governments.

“Nobody gave to the Hillary Victory Fund out of the goodness of their heart or some generalized desire to help 33 random state parties,” pointed out attorney Dan Backer from the Committee to Defend the President.

“They did so to buy access and curry influence — something the Clintons have been selling for nearly three decades in and out of government,” he continued.

Trying to buy political influence is sadly common, especially when it comes to the Clintons. What is raising more red flags than normal, however, is the evidence that Sargsyan is no run-of-the-mill campaign donor.

“The really scary question is, what did this particular donor with this strange web of connections hope to buy for his quarter-million dollars?” Backer asked Fox News.

That web of connections is strange indeed.

The Committee to Defend the President is now alleging that SBK, a major Sargsyan-linked company “is an investment firm that is affiliated with United Arab Emirates president, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, and its international affiliate has business interests in Russia,” according to Fox.

“Among its dealings was a bid to finance $850 million for a major bridge project to connect Crimea with Russia,” the group claims.

“He worked for SBK, and SBK appears to have bid on some Crimean/Russian bridge project,” Backer said. “That’s usually an indicator of political favor and connections.”

It raises several chilling questions: Was Sargsyan paying a quarter million dollars to Clinton for political favors, and — more disturbingly — was that money actually from sources in Russia in order to smooth the way for its construction plans?

Nobody knows for sure. What is clear, however, is that there is a pattern of dirty money surrounding the Clintons, with the “Uranium One” and “Clinton Foundation” scandals just two of the most well-known examples.

“It reinforces how fast and loose the Clinton machine was when it came to ‘Hoovering up’ these megadonor checks, not just from questionable Hollywood and Wall Street elites but potentially from foreign influence peddlers using who knows what money,” Backer told Fox News.

“It reinforces the need to take a long hard look at not just the unlawful money laundering process, but the way in which they were solicited as well,” he continued. “The Clintons have never shown a great deal of concern for whomever it was cutting the checks — whether it’s foreign influence peddlers or Hollywood smut peddlers like Harvey Weinstein.”

If those claims are even partially true, then America dodged a bullet in November of 2016 — and it’s worth keeping the pile of foreign-connected Clinton scandals in mind the next time the left tries desperately to tie Donald Trump to Russia. Perhaps they should look in the mirror.

SLAVEHOLDER??

Washington Post Compares
Jeff Sessions To Slaveholder’

The Washington Post compared Attorney General Jeff Sessions to “slaveholders” after he quoted the Bible on Thursday while discussing his department’s policy of prosecuting all illegal immigrants who cross the border.

Sessions made the statement during a speech to law enforcement officers in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

WaPo ran a story entitled “Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families” by general assignment editor Keith McMillan and religion reporter Julie Zauzmer on Friday.

Rather than detailing the statistics Sessions cited in the speech that explain the immigration policy, the story quoted John Fea, a history professor at Messiah College in Pennsylvania.

“This is the same argument that Southern slaveholders and the advocates of a Southern way of life made,” Fea said.

Sessions spent much of the speech discussing the numbers behind current immigration policy, including separating families at the Southwest border.

“I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes,” Sessions said.

“Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves. Consistent and fair application of the law is in itself a good and moral thing, and that protects the weak and protects the lawful.”

“The previous administration wouldn’t prosecute aliens if they came with children,” Sessions said.

“It was de-facto open borders if you came with children. The results were unsurprising. More and more illegal aliens started showing up at the border with children.”

Sessions laid out the numbers in the speech.

“In 2013, fewer than 15,000 family units were apprehended crossing our border illegally between ports of entry in dangerous areas of the country,” he said.

“Five years later, it was more than 75,000, a five-fold increase in five years. It didn’t even have to be their child that was brought, it could be anyone. You can imagine that this created a lot of danger.”

The U.S. has the “opportunity” to fix its broken immigration system now, Sessions said.

“I believe that’s it’s moral, right, just and decent that we have a lawful system of immigration,” he said. “The American people have been asking for it.”

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service