Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican officially recognized the state of Palestine in a new treaty finalized Wednesday, immediately sparking Israeli ire and accusations that the move hurt peace prospects.

The treaty, which concerns the activities of the Catholic Church in Palestinian territory, is both deeply symbolic and makes explicit that the Holy See has switched its diplomatic recognition from the Palestine Liberation Organization to the state of Palestine.

The Vatican had welcomed the decision by the U.N. General Assembly in 2012 to recognize a Palestinian state and had referred to the Palestine state since. But the treaty is the first legal document negotiated between the Holy See and the Palestinian state, giving the Vatican's former signs of recognition an unambiguous confirmation in a formal, bilateral treaty.

read more here: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_REL_VATICAN_PALESTINIAN?

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You left out one thing, you're a liar.

"Palestinians" were invented by Arafat, after Jews cleared the swamps and built a civilization.

Muslims moved to what was Palestine at the time to take advantage of the civilization built by Jews.

I won't waste any more time on your Nazi Bull-Poop!!

*Edited Offensive Word, Please Re-Read the Members Rules*

He must be doing something right. At first all the libs and "progressives" fell in love with him. Then they realized he was standing for longstanding Biblical and Church teaching.

Don't think for a minute he and his advisers aren't aware of every nuance involving Islam and even Obama. One of the Vatican's great strengths is it has eyes and ears throughout the world and may just know a few things the MSM surely doesn't want to report on.

Speaking of nations being taken over, in Nazi Germany, USSR and many other dictatorial nations, only about 7% of the people were in on the takeover - even the American Revolution was not exactly majority rule. The vast majority of any people are still God's children and they must be served.

The Pope has a responsibility for all souls, whether those souls are aware or even like it.

Did you know Mohammed held the Blessed Virgin Mary as the most important woman in Islam - the "true Sayyida?" That same Blessed Virgin is subject today to viscous attack on Facebook. Muslim women flock to Catholic/Coptic shrines seeking deliverance and asking for "Mary Beads." http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Millions-of-Muslims-devoted-to-Our-L...

All that said, as a lifelong Catholic, I have my frustrations too, but I'm not eager to call a spiritual leader an idiot. Face it - we're in all out spiritual warfare. Best we pray first and shoot our mouths off later - me included.

Let me ask some of you who are knowledgeable about the Catholic Church....which certainly isn't me.  I've experienced several different religions, even though I was brought up Southern Baptist...  This thought crossed my mind today because I thought this Pope was so much different than most in the past.  Is it possible this wasn't even his choice/decision?  Maybe someone else is pulling strings much like we all know people like Valerie Jarrett and others pull Obama's strings?  I don't understand some of the inner-workings of Vatican City...  So maybe some of you could enlighten me/us???

It just might be necessary for the Vatican to increase its security, this Pope is certainly going against the norm in Christianity. 

Sad state of things now! Everybody compromises.

Shades of WW2. When the Vatican sided with the Nazis and turned its back on the plight of the  Jewish People. This is some of the same. Which shows that the Vatican does not believe the Holy Scriptures nor doses it believe that God had given the Jews(Israel) all the Land from the sea to the Euphrates river and farther south into Egypt, and as far North as Damascus. No were is there any mention of a race of Arabs called Palestinians. We know this a made up name by Yasser Arafat... So any mention or acknowledge of a state with boarders called Palestine is fraudulent. Even if the Roman Emperor named the area Palestine to disgrace the Israelites back in &72AD after the Jewish uprising and after the Emperor destroyed the temple with out leaving any stones standing. So what the Vatican has done is a carbon copy of WW2 era.

Your Vatican comments fall short of the truth. Even today, Jewish organizations are recognizing the heroics of Pope Pius XII in the midst of the rise of Bolshevism and Nazism. This Wikipedia piece gives a pretty good overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_Nazi_Germany

Nazis and communists were fighting in the streets of Vienna and other Austrian cities. Like USA  today, Austria had the finest health care system in the world and an unemployment rate of over 25% - much like our inner city black populations. Hitler was a great organizer and orator, and with help from American elites, rebuilt the German armed forces and brought prosperity back to the nation. Stalin was slaughtering his way across Europe. Choices were slim - diplomacy made strange bedfellows - as usual.

Attached is an interesting story by Kitty Werthman who was a young woman at the time the Nazis walked into Austria in 1938. My comments are included.

Let's try not to make broad brush judgments. Pope St. John Paul II grew up under the Nazis and survived under the Communists after WW II. As a Pole, he was not subhuman. Nor were the 5 year old twin girls that came along with several Polish families to my city under Catholic Charities sponsorship. We helped them get housing and as they grew, they became the first co-valedictorians in the local high school history... now in medicine and international law.

Attachments:

THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS BEING FINALIZED!!! COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!

Amen Robert!!

Palestine is neither a nation, nor a state; nor are its inhabitants "palestinians", since they originated from Egypt, Syria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, et. al.  I truly fear for our Catholic Church and our world,  under the leadership(??) of this Francis!

Brian & Michael;  The Church has been in bed with the enemy for a long time.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/07/27/u-s-catholic-bis...

U.S. Catholic Bishops' Partnership with Feds on Immigration Belies Deeper Conflicts

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Will O'Toole

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

INCEST? Official High School Records Support Claim That Democrat Ilhan Omar Married Her Brother

Ten years ago, in February 2009, Democrat Ilhan Omar married her biological brother.

Embedded video
Wojciech Pawelczyk 🇵🇱@PolishPatriotTM

Minnesota Press Raises Questions About Ilhan Omar's Former Marriage

Ilhan Omar won a historic victory in 206 over 44-year incumbent DFL Rep. Phyllis Kahn.

Ilhan Omar built a vast coalition of East African voters to defeat the incumbent in Minneapolis.

The liberal media forgot to mention Ilhan was married to her brother.

Power Line reported:

A reader has written us to point out that the Somali website Somalispot posted information last week suggesting Omar’s involvement in marriage and immigration fraud. The post notes that Omar married Ahmed Hirsi in 2002. Hirsi is the father of Omar’s three children. Omar is depicted with Hirsi and their children on Omar’s campaign website.

The post further notes that Omar married her brother Ahmed Nur Said Elmi in 2009, implying that the latter marriage assisted his entry into the United States. Her brother was a British citizen. “As soon as Ilhan Omar married him,” the post continues, “he started university at her [a]lma mater North Dakota State University where he graduated in 2012. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Minneapolis where he was living in a public housing complex and was later evicted. He then returned to the United Kingdom where he now lives.”

Ilhan Omar was elected to be a State Representative for District 60B November 8, 2016 and took her oath on the Quran.

In 2017, several months after Omar’s marriage history briefly created a national news item, Omar quietly petitioned family court for a default divorce, claiming she could not locate Elmi.

In October 208 David Steinberg at PJ Media posted proof that Rep. Ilhan Omar did indeed marry her brother back in 2009.

Rep. Omar has stated that she did marry “British citizen” Ahmed Nur Said Elmi in 2009, though the allegation that he is her brother is “absurd and offensive.”

However, according to official student enrollment records archived by St. Paul Public Schools and the state of Minnesota, an “Ahmed N. Elmi” was enrolled as a senior in the Class of 2003 at Arlington Senior High School in St. Paul, MN, from September 6, 2002, until June 10, 2003. He graduated and received a diploma.

And it gets worse…

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-MN) is under investigation for using her campaign funds when she was a state lawmaker to pay for her divorce.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service