United States Announces $285M Cut in U.N. 2018 Operating Budget

But that's just for the U.N.'s regular budget. There are over a dozen other U.N. agencies and operations that American dollars also support. The single largest is peacekeeping with a price tag of about $7.8 billion this year alone. The U.S. share of that cost is over 28 percent, or $2.2 billion "2017".

The United States is the largest provider of financial contributions to the United Nations, providing 22 percent of the entire UN budget in 2017 (in comparison the next biggest contributor is Japan with almost 10 percent, while EU countries pay a total of above 30 percent).

(This represents roughly twenty percent of the $50 billion the United States spends annually on foreign aid, which, in comparison, is also about what the government allocates annually to the U.S. Coast Guard.) The United States paid more than $10 billion to UN entities in 2016.Sep 21, 2017
 Portman said American taxpayers cover 22 percent of the U.N. budget. Budget documents from the U.N. and the United States confirm that. The percentage for peacekeeping operations is even higher. "All of our taxpayers are paying roughly 22% of the U.N. budget."Feb 1, 2017
 United States Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley announced on Sunday a $285 million cut to the U.N. budget for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. The historic budget cut comes just days after 120 nations condemned President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 

Haley accused the U.N. of budgetary excess when making the announcement; while she did not make it clear if all the reductions would come from the U.S., she didn't mention any other nations. The U.N. has an overall $5.4-billion biennial budget, of which the U.S. funds about 22 percent, according to Newsweek. Each member nation is required to make a contribution, but the contributions vary based on factors such as population and gross national income.

"The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known. We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked," Haley said, Fox News reported. "This historic reduction in spending — in addition to many other moves toward a more efficient and accountable U.N. — is a big step in the right direction."

These budget cuts may not be the end for the U.N. under Trump's administration. The president's proposed spending budget for 2018 would end funding for U.N. climate change programs and reduce funding for the U.N. Children's Fund — UNICEF — by 16 percent.

Trump has long spoken about making budget cuts to the U.N. and his latest Jerusalem controversy has only heightened tensions. Haley hinted the lack of support of the administration's decision to recognize the Holy City as Israel's capital could serve as further motivation to make cuts. She also said the U.S. would be "taking names" of those who voted in opposition of America's decision to move its embassy to the city.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-12-26/united-sta...

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let me get this in before Hank does, Figures !!!!

It is far past time to stop ALL funding of satan's government, the new world order un!!!!!  Let those satanic globalists hate us and undermine us without us paying for it!!!!!  For instance, the un "human rights council" is comprised of some of the most egregious violators of human rights in history, nations like communist china, iran, and others of their ilk.  everything about the un is totalitarian control of the entire world and We the People are paying to support satan's world government while they falsely accuse us of being the worst nation in the world.  God will punish them one day and our government finances their evil.

Bob, you go man tell it like it is,

God can have them when we are done with them, it may very well take a civil war to Purge them from the earth again.

About time... the US sits on the Security Council as a permanent member and has VETO power over all resolutions and programs that take a vote of the General Assembly or the Security Council to become effective... Use it Mr. President to defund every anti-American program in the UN... put the UN General Assembly on notice that the U.S. of A. will no longer tolerate anti-US policy... that America comes first in ALL OF HER FOREIGN  Policy.... especially, when dealing with the UN.  Tthe US will take note of those foreign states which stand against its best interests.

Mr. Neson,

You veto your heart out, I agree with Bob,cut off all funds, they are reaching for a past that needs to stay in the past.

I am for both... veto and defunding programs and policies that are anti-America

Figures, system error again, I can not reply directly the reply button is gone.
Figures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ronald, some how you missed what was started, Americans have declared war against the United Nations..period. And they will be destroyed, by man or by God.
They are a evil, 99% of them are evil, from a time when God destroyed their world and separated them into several different people.
They will be destroyed, their NWO is coming to a end.

So, when is the UN Building in NY City going to fall... NO, America has not declared war on the UN... nor has the majority of the American Public.  Radical elements of the Right/Conservative movement may be contemplating such an act... which I advise against... but they have not taken any material steps to act on their rhetoric. Let's hope they don't.

You need to know things that need to be as it is for now, secret, and I love ya Ronald, but I do not trust you to share plans in action.

If you will remember Tif, Mr. Nelson asked me to give him the phone number to the Militia, and their web sites.
The Militia has evolved, they are more intelligent then a youtube video.
LMAO at their system and the UN will come to a end.

I asked for the website address for the militia Hank belongs to... not a telephone number... got nothing.  No big deal, just wanted to verify that there was actually a militia.  It seems that they are unwilling to maintain a website... probably for security reasons.

It does not matter Mr. Nelson, they do post videos, they let us know, then we share the videos, so here in about 3 minutes one of many more messages to come.

Want to understand the truth, the Unconstitutional Militia has become very powerful.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Boom! President Trump Issues Warning To Deep State: “You’ll Be Surprised At The Names Of People Involved In The Corruption”

President Trump joined Judge Jeanine Pirro by phone last night for an extensive interview.

The president sounded very upbeat in the interview and hopeful that Democrats will act soon on border security and end to their government shutdown. “We’re doing very well with China. We’re doing well with North Korea. You know I was dealt a very tough hand.” On the shutdown President Trump said, “They think it’s politics. I think it’s very bad politics. I think the country wants to have protection at the border.”

The President also discussed the ongoing deep state witch hunt of him and his campaign and administration. Judge Pirro then asked the president if he has ever been actively working in Russia. “I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever been asked. I think it’s the most insulting thing I’ve ever had written. And if you read the article you see that they found absolutely nothing.”

President Trump took a swipe at Jeff Bezos, “Washington Post that’s basically the lobbyist for Amazon. He uses that, Bezos has bigger problems than anybody right now.”

Then President Trump dropped this bomb. “The whole Russia thing is a hoax… Everybody knows it… Wait til you see how it all ends up. You watch. McCabe, Lisa Page, Strzok.

You watch. Including some others I should not name. I better not. You watch. It would make front page news if I do. You’ll be surprised at the names of the people involved in the corruption.“

Now THAT is some real news!

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service