Image result for get the un out of the usAfter the United Nations was exposed last year indoctrinating vulnerable Arab..., the scandal-plagued global body is now meddling in the selection of textbooks for American students. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Of course, in America, school textbook selection has traditionally been a responsibility of individual teachers, schools, or perhaps a local school district elected and controlled by the community. Yet as the UN increasingly seeks more control and influence across every area of ..., education and the minds of children are just the latest target — albeit an extremely... for the furtherance of the UN's controversial Agenda 2030 for global governance.

In fact, through the UN “education” agency UNESCO, the global body is seeking to dictate school textbook content to promote its agenda globally. And top UN officials regularly brag about seeking to shape the attitudes, values, ethics....

The UN brouhaha involving textbooks in the United States began as a simple local matter that would not have attracted attention even one state over. On November 29, a student's mother complained to local school-district officials about a social studies book being used in Norwalk public schools. The book in question, known as The Connecticut Adventure, came under fire for what critics called a “paternalistic,” “simplistic,” and “insensitive” comment on slavery in the state's history.

The relevant section of the book reads: “Compared to other colonies, Connecticut did not have many slaves. Some people owned one or two slaves. They often cared for and protected them like members of the family. They taught them to be Christian, and sometimes to read and write.”

Less than a week after the complaint, local officials announced that the book would no longer be used. “The portion of the textbook minimizes the impact and implications of slavery from the perspective of many constituents in the Norwalk community,” wrote Norwalk Public Schools Chief Academic Officer Michael Conner in a letter addressed to parents.

Meanwhile, the publisher promptly announced revisions to the relevant sections of the book.

And that should have been the end of it. But it was not.

Somewhere along the line, a team of self-styled UN “human-rights experts” caught wind of the story, and decided to try to exploit yet another local issue to justify the UN outfit's existence, to demonize America, and to meddle in what should have been a local matter for local elected officials.

“The chapter discussing the history of slavery in Connecticut is a distortion of the true nature of enslavement,” fumed Ricardo Sunga, a self-styled “human rights expert” who, despite not being African, leads the UN “Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent.” That paternalistic outfit was established by the dictator-controlled UN “Human Rights” Council to supposedly stand up for Africans and their descendants, as if they needed special UN protection.   

read more:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/item/25105-un-meddl...

Views: 746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it is time to get out of the UN and kick the UN out of the country

The writer knows very little about "Instructional Materials Selection" in other words, textbooks, in the USA. There are several national Instructional Materials selection committees across the country. The one with which I am familiar is in TX which encompasses all the southeastern states. They are presented materials from all publishers and it is their daunting responsibility to review those materials whittling down the number of publishers from all to a a few who may present their wares to the district committees. do they even read it or do they like the pictures and the add-ons given tot he districts for "free"?

Once the whittling down is successful within a prescribed length of time, those publishers then contact districts up for adoption across the nation. Adoption in FL takes place on a rotating schedule across curriculum about every 6 years; thus Math instructional materials are adopted say in 2000; Language Arts in 2001, Foreign Languages in 2002, Social Studies in 2003, etc  The next time math materials could be adopted district-wide, which is also statewide would then be in 2006. If a district decides they do not want to adopt in rotation, they then lose the instructional materials allocation from the state for that year and must pay for new adoptions from local monies if adopted out of synch. Thus they "fall into lock step". 

Publishers schedule weeks of dates to present to districts, sending in boxes and boxes and boxes of K-12 subject materials for the district committee to review and the schools to keep for "free".  If the district requests additional "free items" of course, we'll send them immediately and how many of each set do you want - is the response. The committee meets during these weeks. That committee is comprised of parents, students, teachers appropriate to the subject, administrators. Box lunches are served, snacks for breaks, etc. IMO, it is nothing more than a dog and pony show overwhelming the committees with dazzling new instructional materials, freebies, and goodies for the reps/salespeople to sell their wares. No one actually takes the time to REALLY read the materials. Therein lies the rub. IF someone does really read and determines there is an issue with published data, the publishers fallback is "The national committee in TX approved these materials. This is your opportunity to read them." REALLY? No, this is my opportunity to CHALLENGE this misinformation. Many people won't say word one and in "selecting" district committees, parents chosen are usually ones are active BUT who go along to get along and refuse to upset the apple cart, thus we have the common core textbooks in schools which have rewritten our history to where I wonder what country they are saying the moslems helped found and to which they contributed so much...look in your child's social studies book...see if it is historical. Does it detail the contribution of churches establishing hospitals, orphanages, schools, old folks homes, orchestras, museums, etc.? But you will find the contributions of muslims albeit nebular and without basis. Does it detail the days of our colonies and what actually transpired or is it fiction, glossed over with left wing biased agenda? Are the words chosen those to influence the young minds to the left's agenda? You wonder why our kids are spouting what they are? Look at their instructional materials to find the key phrases, the questions used even in Math that are anti America, pro left wing. I had someone at a church meeting tell me how impressed he was with his daughter's social studies book because... When he finished, I looked at him and said something like, do you understand what you read? Of course, he replied and went on to enlighten me. With that, I gave him my opinion of what was there and he was amazed because he is left wing and had never realized the horror of Margaret Sanger who was being praised in this book. 

IMO get the UN out of the USA and us out of the UN because I see OWEbama heading there as Secretary General and he'll dictate to the USA what we can and cannot do on anything you can think of - from an international pulpit. We've had enough of his tyranny in our country and we don't want it under the auspices of the UN. 

Sorry this was so long, but you need to know exactly how textbooks/instructional materials are shoved down the throats of your schools. The publishers are the TOOLS used by the left and they seem more than willing to be used as such.  We are talking a multi BILLION dollar taxpayer - FEDERAL - expenditure across the nation annually.

Of course, in America, school textbook selection has traditionally been a responsibility of individual teachers, schools, or perhaps a local school district elected and controlled by the community. Yet as the UN increasingly seeks more control and influence across every area of ..., education and the minds of children are just the latest target — albeit an extremely... for the furtherance of the UN's controversial Agenda 2030 for global governance.

In fact, through the UN “education” agency UNESCO, the global body is seeking to dictate school textbook content to promote its agenda globally. And top UN officials regularly brag about seeking to shape the attitudes, values, ethics....

The UN brouhaha involving textbooks in the United States began as a simple local matter that would not have attracted attention even one state over. On November 29, a student's mother complained to local school-district officials about a social studies book being used in Norwalk public schools. The book in question, known as The Connecticut Adventure, came under fire for what critics called a “paternalistic,” “simplistic,” and “insensitive” comment on slavery in the state's history.  ...

Time to get the USA OUT of THE UN and the UN OUT of the USA!!!!

Their already doing this in ,American social studies At the Middel school levels  their is a hole 3 week Islamic conversion program in our schools right Now and it is geared to Convert American children to Islam, If your not checking your Kids school work i strongly suggest you Start !!!!!!!!!.

Picture if you will, the American Colonies all attempting to fulfill the written histories of the future writers from this the 21st century.
It's my guess after having read only 1 version of their own history written by a UN historian,
That they climb back aboard those Rickity old ships and sail back home.

Ronald their is a Bill starting in congress to defund and with draw from the UN.

Get out of the UN.

No... stay in the UN and use our VETO to obstruct the UN in its globalist reach... getting out of the UN will simply give us no input at all.  Stop funding the UN programs that are anti-American or anti-democracy.

Badger exactly right  who cares what they say  screw with  the US  at your own risk !!!!.

You have made the comment that changed my mind about our UN membership.  Heretofore, I have  been shouting for the U.S.A. to withdraw from UN membership but you make a very good point; we really need to keep our membership in that so-called organization just for the veto.  

We could do much good for the world by obstructing everything that the UN wants to impose upon the nations of the world as well as removing U.S. funding from all of the UN programs that we do support. 

So, by your single post, you have shown me (at least) the light and I hereby withdraw all of my comments stating that the U.S.A. should withdraw from UN membership.  We do need to remove funding and raise the rent on that piece of real estate. LOL

Thanks for the great suggestion!

If the US withdraws financial support it will collapse to nothing in short order.

Can you imagine how effective a body like that would be meeting in Africa?

A total joke.

We are not a Democracy, we're a Democratically elected Republic.

RSS

TEA PARTY CONNECT

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

HOT TEA VIDEO

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service