UAW Fails to Unionize Volkswagen Workers in Tennessee

The United Auto Workers lost its bid to organize workers at a Volkswagen AG (VOW) factory in Tennessee, a setback in its effort to gain a foothold in the U.S. South and a victory for Republicans who urged voting against the union.

In balloting at the Chattanooga facility that ended last night, 712 workers opposed being represented by the UAW with 626 voting to join, the UAW announced. Politicians and outside groups had waged a campaign against the UAW, warning employees that a vote for the union would bring Detroit’s economic woes to Chattanooga and discourage investment in the state.

The UAW has been rebuffed in efforts to recruit in the South at foreign automakers, known as transplants, or domestic manufacturers that set up shop to take advantage of tax breaks, non-union labor and easy access to U.S. markets. The loss underscores a decline for unions, said Gary Chaison, a labor law professor at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts.

read more:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-15/uaw-fails-to-unionize-volk...

Views: 547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

UAW NEEDS to Stay out of AUTO Makers Business NOW!! They are CORRUPT!! KEEP POLITICS out of BUSINESSES NOW, they have NO RIGHT to TELL them What to DO!!

This COMMUNISM / MARXISM / NAZISM of these DemocRATS!!!

I own a 2010 Volkswagen Jetta SEL loaded with more than the newer models!!  So, I am STICKING my TONGUE OUT at the POLITICIANS and the UAW :P :P

( Das Auto -The Car )

Keep up the Great Work Volkswagen in Tennessee!! 

Kristie dear the UAW are THE AUTO MAKERS of America ! That is what happened to our auto industry !

I was a plant manager for an electronics manufacturing company in Puerto Rico a few years ago. We had 300 employees, mostly young ladies ranging from 18 to 25 years old.  The Steelworkers Union promised these venerable young ladies that the union would double their wages along with numerous other benefits such as 3 and 4 weeks paid vacation. So they were successfully in unionizing the operation.

I spent nearly a year trying to negotiate with them through numerous wildcat strikes and other threats of work stoppage they took control of the work force. We lost all flexibility in our work force and faced a 50% wage and benefits increase.  The operation was no longer able to show a profit due to the increase in operating costs.  Six months later we shut down the entire operation putting the whole work force out of a job.

That is my experience with the UAW. They are a parasite.

Unions would die off if they weren't being protected by unfair labor laws in states that require "closed shops".  If every state were a "right to work" state, many of these corrupt unions with their fat cat politically connected leaders, would either disappear or become irrelevant.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Refugee Complains:
‘Too Many Laws’ In Western World

During a recent interview with local media in Australia, a Sudanese refugee and mother of six suggested that the Australian government deserves the blame for her eldest son’s propensity for crime.

According to Nine News, Asha Awya’s eldest son is an unemployed gang member who has spent time in prison. Instead of pinning the blame for her son’s actions on him, however, Awya feels the Australian government deserves it for passing “too many laws.”

She said so during an appearance last week on the Australian program “A Current Affair,” where she also appeared to slam actual Australians for allegedly not making it easy for refugees to assimilate.

“They (her kids) came from a very traumatized environment, and coming to Australia, trying to fit in with the religion and the friends around them at school, is very challenging,” she said. “We have all these laws, so it’s just very confusing, and I feel sorry for the kids because they don’t know how to deal with this.”

But that’s not all. Awya also complained that the government provides her with too little money.

“The Centrelink money is not enough,” she said, referencing a welfare program operated by the Australian government’s Department of Human Services.

“Sometimes I cut some of their entertainment,” she added, saying in effect that she sometimes stops handing out allowances so as to reduce her costs.

And this, she believes, only serves to incentivize her son’s desire to commit crime.

“If mum always not giving me money, there’s no pocket money, then maybe I have to find a way of stealing and get my own money,” she said, articulating what she believes goes through her son’s mind.

So even though the Australian government graciously (and perhaps naively) allowed this Sundanese woman to migrate to the country, she basically resents this same government because it refuses to lavishly provide for her and her family’s every single need, including their desire for entertainment.

Behold the perfect example of a spoiled-rotten, ungrateful refugees, ladies and gentlemen.

You know, the media often accuse those who criticize their respective governments for allowing refugees to flood their neighborhoods of harboring racist views. If only it were that simple.

Many Westerners, including your truly — a citizen whose family immigrated to the West from India over three decades ago — take issue with the behavior of refugees.

Besides making nary an effort to assimilate, many refugees wind up on welfare, eschewing hard work and effort for a life of government subsistence and oftentimes a life of crime as well.

Now, consider what Awya told “A Current Affair” and answer me this: Is it really “racist” that Westerners such as yours truly prefer that migrants such as her remain in their own country instead of being allowed to migrate to ours?

Please share this story on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think about this Sudanese refugee’s disgusting lack of gratitude.

What do you think about this migrant trying to blame her son’s behavior on the Australian government? Scroll down to comment below!

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service