U.S. Contributions to U.N. Up 142% Since 2001 -- $4.5 Billion

(CNSNews.com) – The financial contribution that the United States makes to the United Nations has increased sharply over the past decade, rising by $4.5 billion between 2001 and 2010 – a 142 percent rise -- according to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).

Since 2006, the OMB has presented Congress with an annual report detailing the U.S. contributions to the U.N. system for each fiscal year, which runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30.

The total money contributed from all federal agencies to the United Nations, as reported by OMB, since 2001 are as follows:

FY 2001 -- $ 3,183,166,000.00

FY 2002 -- $ 3,934,814,000.00

FY 2003 -- $ 3,841,323,000.00

FY 2004 -- $ 4,115,155,000.00

FY 2005 -- $ 5,327,276,000.00

FY 2006 -- $ 4,546,120,000.00

FY 2007 -- $ 4,158,641,000.00

FY 2008 -- $ 6,090,242,000.00

FY 2009 -- $ 6,347,415,000.00

FY 2010 -- $ 7,691,822,000.00

The total increase in funding is $4,508,656,000.00, or a 142 percent rise over nine years.

read more:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-contributions-un-142-2001-45-bil...

Views: 696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The UN is a worthless entity, intent on milking money from US taxpayers, and all the while attempting to usurp our freedoms. Disband them and the money could be used to care for America...first.

EXACTLY!

Get the hell out of the U.N., stop all funding.

This makes me Sick. After my bills our paid for the month we have 336.00 .to live on.

Joey, you got $36.00 more than me after my bills are paid, but fear not, I don't want your money. I want OUR money back from the UN. What have they done for the USA, or for that matter, what have they done...period?

Yes Sherman Iam not asking for anything .And iam not the top wage earner.And Iam voting for MITT.

Remember, something is not right, the super wealthy, pay 50% less tax than I do, what's the story here. Can someone tell me. BB
I agree this sucks, so does obummer, but anyone know about Koch brothers, I was justing reading bout them, first all they are Jews, #2. they have been putting money into Political action comittees, PAC's. $100 million dollars or more, to keep the very wealthy tax cut, and keep the high tax on the poor and us, the middle classes, they are buying these congress people to benefit themselves with big federal contracts if there people get elected, they get lots richer, why else would they dump $100 million dollers into PAC's .

Maybe you should read up on George Soros, how much does he give to obumma, the dems, all the libs. Maybe the rich are in a lower tax bracket, but I am sure they are still paying millions more then you are. Remember 47% of the people don't pay any taxes, so thats an even lower tax bracket.

They are paying millions more than you and I, don't you get it man, they are paying 50% less than me, a guy who makes $10 million still walks away with 8.6 million, I make $ 150,000' I walk away with 108,000, If the multi millionaire was taxed like me he'd walk away with 7.2 million, not bad . Get it yet? 7.2 million You may say, hey, he earned it well so did I, I may have worked harder than some of those greedy SOB's, the past president of United Health Care made 110 million dollars in 2009, that's obscene, he's a pig, health care is a health issue in which we pay through the nose, they do need reform. BB

So what, it is their money, why is the government giving out free cell phones, giving money to all these countries that hate us, wasting money on the EPA, wasting money on green companies, wasting money on the lazy people on welfare. Here a question for you, do you take any write offs on your taxes? If you do then, you to are not paying your fair share. There are legal deductions you can use and the rich use them, so what. Even if there was a flat tax, I think you would still cry " the rich don't pay a fair share"

So what it's their money, who are you speaking of? The weathy? Do you like paying what you do in taxes? I don't like paying what i do but I have to. Well so what, it's my money, I earned my money but I pay 50% less than the super wealthy, get it. I take some deductions but it is small percent compared to what I contribute. I'll say it again , " the rich don't pay their fair share". Many super wealthy start foundations, some of which are good, they have their own museum and write it off, it goes on, remember....... The super wealthy pay 50% less than me, 50% less. Ah, I figured it out, you must make over 10 million a year, you like paying 50% less than me. Greed i guess. Ok whatever. BB

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

The Fall Of Fake News!! Quiet Shake-Up At MSNBC After Station Hemorrhages Viewers Following Mueller Debacle 

Reports are surfacing about a quiet shake-up of personnel at MSNBC after the cable news station lost more than 30% of their audience after the Mueller debacle.

Apparently MNSBC doesn’t think their financial woes are newsworthy given that they didn’t run any breathless stories about their own failings.

News of MSNBC’s collapse can’t come as a surprise to insiders who undoubtedly are fully aware that their audience no longer trusts them.

One source familiar told Mediaite the changes came amidst mounting complaints from NBC News chief Andy Lack about a dip in MSNBC’s ratings following the end of the Mueller investigation. In May, ratings for the network in the advertiser coveted 25-54 demo were down 32% year over year.

MSNBC viewers were asked: How much do you agree that MSNBC regularly reports made up or fake news about Donald Trump and his administration?

The responses were devastating! While 35% or respondents agree that MSNBC pushes Fake News, only 24% disagreed. That’s a ratings death sentence!

What do you expect from a channel that boasts disgraced liar, Brian Williams, and race pimp, Al Sharpton?

Bright Start News@BRIGHTstrt

MAJOR SHAKEUP AT MSNBC - Ratings crater after Mueller Report Debacle! 

MSNBC Shakeup: Jonathan Wald and Dan Arnall Take Dayside

MSNBC quietly implemented a sweeping shakeup in programming this week, Mediaite has learned, appointing SVP of programming and development Jonathan Wald and MSNBC executive editor Dan Arnall to lead...

Flashback: MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow’s Ratings Plummet To Yearly Low

MSNBC primetime host Rachel Maddow brought in her worst weekly ratings of the year last week.

Her show last week averaged 2,324,000 viewers, with an average audience of 337,000 in the 25-54 age demographic, both of which mark yearly lows for the liberal television host, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Maddow first saw a dramatic drop in ratings following the conclusion of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Her previous low for a week in 2019 was the last week in March, the first full week after Mueller submitted his conclusion to Attorney General William Barr, where she averaged 2,458,000 viewers with 392,000 in the demo.

She spent two years dissecting every aspect of the special counsel’s investigation into whether President Donald Trump conspired with the Russians to win the 2016 presidential election. The night Mueller submitted his findings to Barr, Maddow appeared to hold back tears over the fact that neither the president nor any family members were indicted.

Compared to Maddow’s low ratings last week, Fox News’ Sean Hannity, whose program is often the most-watched among all cable news shows, averaged 3,108,000 viewers with just under half-a-million viewers in the key demographic.

She also nearly tripled CNN’s Chris Cuomo’s weekly ratings. His program only had 880,000 viewers with 225,000 in the key demo.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service