Most pundits and political professionals expect the GOP to have a good showing in the midterm elections. Historically, the opposition picks up seats in the 6th year of a President's tenure. Obama's approval ratings are at rock bottom and the ObamaCare rollout continues to cause headaches for Democrats. A number of incumbent Senators, who last won during Obama's wave election in 2008, face heavy headwinds in enough states to give Republicans control.  

Yet, the GOP could still pull defeat from the jaws of victory. There are three very real risks that could jeopardize the party's potential gains. Unfortunately, the party seems to have set in motion at least one of them. 

1. Alienate Conservative Voters. 

Republicans in Washington are convinced the party needs to keep Tea Party conservatives "in line." Speaker Boehner won plaudits from the DC consultant class when he loudly criticized conservatives who were critical of a budget deal that increased spending. The US Chamber of Commerce has pledged to spend $50 million targeting conservatives in Republican primaries, including sitting members of Congress. 

Much of this bluster by the political class is to distract from their epic failure in 2012. It was the second presidential election where the party nominated the more "moderate", electable candidate, only to see millions of conservative voters stay home on election. Party consultants spent nearly $1 billion and lost numerous winnable seats. The consultants want to blame conservatives, but far more establishment candidates went down to uninspiring defeat. 

read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/22/GOP-May-Blow-Mid...

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The gop elite got obama elected, then re elected! I just know that I won't vote for another rino, and I know that I am not alone!

No you aren't alone, not by a long shot.

No Mr Hood, nor you Mr Russell are Not Alone. We Need To Know Who The TRUE CONSERVATIVES Are, it will take some work but it can be done, Just Carefully, for there are many many wolfs in sheeps clothing out there. God Help Us!!

I NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE GOPS ABILITY TO DEFEAT ITSELF AT THE POLLS . REMEMBER MCCAIN ? ROMNEY ? YEA....

I wonder if we will ever have a true election as long as Obama can breathe.  He has so many radical buddies that do not go by the book and do whatever it takes for the Dems to win.  The last election was a big farce and he got away with it.  In Montgomery Co, Md, the election was loaded with muslims talking between themselves on how they were going to get thru unchallenged to vote.  I felt out of place being a natural born citizen.  When I showed my driver's license the volunteer told me she didn't need that.  I told her I wished she did!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER until voter fraud is stopped by requiring valid voter ID.

So Gregory, do you advocate that we all need "papers", such as in 1937 Nazi Germany, to vote?

Bright blue or red thumb prints on the forehead.  If you have two thumbprints you will be executed.

Mark we already have to have papers to do anything, except vote.

So we need "papers" for that TOO? Let's get RID of "government granted privileges" (which "papers", "permits" and "licenses" are) and return to claiming our unalienable rights as our founders intended! Get rid of the notion that government needs to permit us to do ANYTHING!

You really need to take a course in critical thinking.  Do you understand what the phrase, "Rule of the mob" means?  That's where we are headed without regaining the INTEGRITY of our voting system. Pressure for voting by iPod is being applied now - another step in the wrong direction (more lax, impossible to enforce, Swiss cheese type security). One man - one vote is the rule.  If we have to go back to paper ballots, verify every one of them and a vote count that lasts months, I"M FOR IT.  And that's the way it should be until effective security and voter identification to eliminate fraud are implemented. THAT"S HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS !! YOUR FREEDOM depends on it!

There is another way of "not doing well" in 2014 , if once again , we , as voting Republicans (moderate or conservative) try to go so far conservative that many so called Rino voters stay home & don't vote at all..We then could end up having more crappy bills pushed down our throats by Harry Reid & co....We could also , by not voting Republican , allow Hillary to get a big boost to her victory two years hence.   Think about it!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Mike LesterPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Pat Cross

ALERT ALERT

New York's Green Light Law - Allows Illegal Aliens To Get Driver’s Licenses

New York passed a law to allow illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses earlier this year but it was held up by challenges.

Now it is set to take effect this week.

In typical leftist fashion, supporters claim this is going to somehow make New York’s roads safer for everyone.

Could it really be about voting?

FOX News reports:

Illegal immigrants to be able to get driver’s licenses in NY after legal challenge fails.

Illegal immigrants in New York will able to obtain driver’s licenses starting next week after a last-minute legal challenge was dismissed — making it the 13th state to allow the practice, but one that critics say is unconstitutional.

The Green Light Law, signed by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo earlier this year, allows anyone to apply for a driver’s license regardless of immigration status and does not require a Social Security number.

Illegal immigrants can use a combination of documents that include a valid passport from a foreign country and a valid foreign driver’s license, as long as it has been expired for less than two years.

“After waiting 18 years to have their right to drive restored, thanks to our legislature, New York can now officially join 12 other states in making driver’s licenses legally available to all residents,” New York Immigration Coalition Executive Director Steve Choi said in a statement this week, arguing that it will make roads safer and the economy stronger.

County clerks in New York have concerns and are sounding an alarm.

CBS News in Albany reports:

County clerks concerned by loopholes in Green Light law.

Undocumented immigrants now have the green light to get a driver’s license in New York…but several county clerks in the Capital Region are concerned.

Saratoga County Clerk Craig Hayner said, “We found that everything we were concerned about as far as fraud and all sorts of other things are in that bill, in that regulation and we’re very concerned.”

Hayner tells CBS6’s Lynsey Smith there are a few loopholes in the Green Light Law.

Loopholes, such as a person coming in to get their license and not having to provide their social security number.

“That could lead to criminals coming from other states, coming in and use that as a way to defraud by just simply saying they don’t have a social security number…and that’s a very dangerous loophole,” replied Hayner.

Does anyone believe this is going to make New York safer or that this is really about driving?

Delusional Democrats

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service