TSA Keeps Docs From Federal Investigators, Chaffetz Threatens With Subpoena

Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents check-in passengers at JFK. REUTERS/Brendan McDermidHouse Committee On Oversight and Government Reform (HOGR) Chairman Jason Chaffetz threatened to subpoena the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Thursday for documents the agency refuses to turn over to federal investigators probing whistleblower retaliation.

The Utah Republican was taken aback when Acting TSA Administrator Huban Gowadia said unwritten guidance from the Department of Homeland Security permits her agency to withhold the documents under the attorney-client privilege.

“Wait a second,” Chaffetz said. “You just make this up, it’s not in writing?”

“You have a week from Friday, OK?” Chaffetz told Gowadia later. “A week from Friday, or I issue a subpoena. And guess what? I don’t need a committee vote. I don’t need to go ask a judge. I can do it myself, and I’m telling you here on national television, you will get a subpoena for that information.”

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/02/tsa-keeps-docs-from-federal-inves...

Views: 616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree... shut down the TSA and go to private security run by the local air ports and supervised by federal inspection and certification. Let the Federal Government establish the requirements for security and provide grant money to airports to operate the security... charge user fees to recover the grant money... and provide for the equipment needed.

Yeah dont threaten then,  just send that subpeona on over there and go kick down their friggin door

ENUF with the threats,,just DO IT

and while you are at it send the marshalls over to pick up that criminal HOLDER

" ... Chaffetz also demanded the names of anyone else who has refused federal investigators records, and all of the records TSA has withheld from OSC, by March 10.

“If you don’t provide this by March 10, I will issue a subpoena,” Chaffetz said.

TSA in multiple instances claimed attorney-client privilege without knowing who the client was, according to OSC Special Counsel Carolyn Lerner. Lerner said OSC has received more than 350 whistleblower complaints from TSA employees since 2012.

That was the year Congress granted TSA employees whistleblower protections.

DHS Inspector General (IG) John Roth, one of the hearing’s witnesses, said TSA has a history of withholding information, particularly by over-classifying information as unreleasable sensitive security information (SSI).

Officials with TSA, for instance, redacted from documents information that travelers should remove things like belts in airport security checks even though the same information appears on TSA’s website. (RELATED: TSA ‘Cannot Be Trusted’ To Manage Security Info, Says Top...

“TSA’s misapplication of the SSI designation can have far-reaching consequences,” Roth told Chaffetz’ committee. “For instance, SSI designation have been used as a basis for challenging the disclosure of information by whistleblowers, which may have a chilling effect on future whistleblowers.” "

Will be interesting to see if the news will report the TSA getting subpoenaed

Grab the head of the T.S.A. and drag his ass out in front of the HOME DEPOT and we can have a few of our NOT SO HAPPY TRAVELERS from airports PAY HIM A LITTLE SPECIAL ATTENTION to teach him some respect.

WHEN I ASK YOU FOR DOCUMENTS and you play stupid or play MY LAWYER TOLD ME NOT TO GIVE THEM TO YOU,  or you play the old IT'S CLASSIFIED routine,  be for warned you piece of shit that we're going to TEACH YOU AND YOUR LAWYER some respect.   Your lawyer can argue on your behalf form behind bars right down the hall from the cell we're gonna lock YOUR ASS UP IN.

You see folks.  THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT SCUMBAGS.   You don't argue with them about considering serving them with a subpoena.  WHAT ARE THESE GUYS STUPID ????  A SUBPOENA.  Kiss my ass with your subpoena.      We'll show you how to get the information you want.

How about a little ride around the Cross Bronx Expressway wise ass ?

JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE.    WHERE ARE OUR GOVERNMENT'S BALLS ??????

You have TRUMP deputize me for FREE.  i'll DO IT FOR FREE.   I'll be Trump's clean up committee.   When I ask you for something, and you screw with me,  KNOW,  that you're about to have a VERY BAD DAY......

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR GUNS PEOPLE.      FIGHT TO KEEP EM, AND KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU'RE GONNA NEED EM SOMEDAY.   And those of you who are IDIOTS and turn your guns in to the local P.D. because it's FREE GUN TURN IN DAY or some shit like that, I promise you that YOU'LL BE KICKING YOURSELVES IN THE ASS 100 TIMES for throwing away the ONLY SOURCE OF PROTECTION you and your family have.

If you think THE GOVERNMENT is gonna come to your aid,  then you need to clean out your crack pipe cause you GOT A PROBLEM.

Excellent piece!

Why are the investigators playing nicey-incey with these Obama GOONS. The word totalitarianism is being thrown out into the media when speaking of AMERICA. This all began when Obama came into power and decided to DO big DADDY with AMERICA AND TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD LIVE ON AND HOW WE SHOULD ACT AND SPEAK A totalitarian DADDY OF AMERICA.

AMERICA NEEDS NO DADDY AND IT DOES NOT NEED TOTALITARIAN WAY OF LIFE. WHAT AMERICA NEEDS IS A PRESIDENT THAT DOES NOT IGNORES SOME LAWS, AND  BREAKS THE OTHER LAWS BECAUSE HE JUST DOESN'T LIKE A PARTICULAR LAW AND THAT'S WHAT OBAMA DID FOR 8 YEARS SO THIS TSA GOON IS PULLING WHAT OBAMA DID AND HE THINKS ITS OK TO OPERATE THAT WAY.

ITS NOT OK.

AND OBAMA AND HIS SHADOW GOVERNMENT IS TREASON HERE IN AMERICA!

YOU CAN'T SUBVERT THE COURSE OR PROGRESS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WITHOUT THE WORD TREASON BEING ON THE TABLE.

Trump should not be playing games with Obama and allow him to do what he is doing----Obama wants a CIVIL WAR ....BUY HE MIGHT GET THE END OF A ROPE!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

“And You’re Their Star Witness?” – Boom! “And You’re Their Star Witness?” – Boom! Jim Jordan Rips To Shreds Schiff’s Star Witness Anti-Trumper Ambassador Taylor 

BOOM! Jim Jordan just destroyed Schiff’s star witness Ambassador Taylor.

“I’ve seen church prayer chains that are easier to understand than this!” — Rep. Jim Jordan.

OMG! SOOOOOO GOOD!

Jim Jordan got Ambassador Taylor to admit that everything he has said in his testimony is based on second-hand, third-hand and fourth-hand information!

Jordan Sounds Off

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service