TSA Keeps Docs From Federal Investigators, Chaffetz Threatens With Subpoena

Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents check-in passengers at JFK. REUTERS/Brendan McDermidHouse Committee On Oversight and Government Reform (HOGR) Chairman Jason Chaffetz threatened to subpoena the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Thursday for documents the agency refuses to turn over to federal investigators probing whistleblower retaliation.

The Utah Republican was taken aback when Acting TSA Administrator Huban Gowadia said unwritten guidance from the Department of Homeland Security permits her agency to withhold the documents under the attorney-client privilege.

“Wait a second,” Chaffetz said. “You just make this up, it’s not in writing?”

“You have a week from Friday, OK?” Chaffetz told Gowadia later. “A week from Friday, or I issue a subpoena. And guess what? I don’t need a committee vote. I don’t need to go ask a judge. I can do it myself, and I’m telling you here on national television, you will get a subpoena for that information.”

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/02/tsa-keeps-docs-from-federal-inves...

Views: 590

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why is Chaffetz threatening? Just do it! Stop with the waiting...just do it!

Forrest,

I completely agree... we have seen to many threats and not enough action. That's what gets me, when watching Gowdy... do something Gowdy, Chaffetz!  

The TSA is part of the demonRAT criminal regime.

Trump should have already put them on notice.  

TSA was another Government Knee jerk from 911 just like the Gun Control knee jerks when there is a incident involving a fire arm.

Who works for who???

I'm pretty sure that the TSA is under the realm of the Fed Gov. 

If they don't turn over EVERYTHING as soon as asked. FIRE THEM ALL. This business of denying everything from congress has to stop and stop NOW. Who is in charge?????

A week gives them time to scrub the documents

Jason Chaffetz threatening.  Again?  I'm sure they're quaking in their boots.  He needs to grow a spine and actually take action.  Threats mean nothing.

As usual, Chaffetz HUFFS and PUFFS.  Wanna bet he DOESN'T get the demanded documents, YET DOES NOTHING!  The only time Chaffetz takes any action, its when opposing fellow REPUBLICANS!

Subpoena my butt !! arrest warrents !!!!!!!!.

Great Chaffetz, why don't you inform them so they have time to destroy them?

What the hell is this CRAP with threatening to subpoena, subpoenas....?   Why don't they just show up in the offices or homes of wherever with subpoena in-hand, and DO IT?   Why give them a heads-up and time to destroy evidence?  HOW STUPID IS THAT?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

WATCH:  MAGA Beach Bash 2019!

Infowars reporter Millie Weaver goes to the Topless Jeep Event held in Chrystal Beach, Texas to join up with the MAGA Beach Bash 2019!

Like a scene from the dystopian movie Road Warrior, these gasoline driven “deplorable” Trump supporters are ready for Armageddon. [VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED]

Flashback: Massive Panama City Crowd Chants “4 More Years!” As President Trump Takes Stage In Florida (Video)

President Donald Trump held a rally on May 8th in Panama City Beach, Florida.

THOUSANDS of supporters were in attendance including The Gateway Pundit reporter Kristinn Taylor.

When President Trump entered the stadium the crowd started chanting, “Four more years!”

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service