Trump wins applause for his refreshing celebrity-free inauguration

Image result for donald trump inaugurationIt is ironic that President-elect Donald Trump, a genuine celebrity in his own right, is shunned by many famous folk who refuse to be civil as inauguration day approaches? Who cares? So asks Roger L. Simon, founder of PJ Media and an award-winning Hollywood screenplay writer, who thinks the lack of celebrities is a “great thing” and points out that Hillary Clinton lost the election despite Tinseltown’s best efforts.

“I’d like to see the inaugural completely celebrity-free. Wouldn’t that be refreshing? No endless parade of Kardashians or housewives, real or imagined. No supposedly funny parodies by Alec Baldwin. No endless yadda-yadda from Stephen Colbert. No words of wisdom from Barbra Streisand. Just a few patriotic tunes from a Marine Corps band and a man swearing on, yes, a Bible,” writes Mr. Simon in a recent op-ed for the news site.

“It won’t happen entirely, this celebrity-free zone — but it could be close and we should be thankful,” he adds. “On the positive side too, Trump has apparently decided to write his own speech and, more importantly, keep it short.”

The grassroots appeal has been part of the plan for sometime, however.

read more:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/7/trump-wins-applause-...

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could there be an unintended wonderful surprise from Trump winning the election, that the conservative celebrities will come out of the closet and the libtards will be the ones being shunned and lose parts in the entertainment industries?   We just keep winning. 

These organized acts of civil disobedience need to be treated as SEDITION and dealt with under the Patriot Act.  Trump and his Administration need to nip this in the bud... using the law, Trump must not let PC dictate how it applies to minorities or students... They must be held accountable and if they engage in terrorism... be charged as Domestic Terrorist.

Thank Goodness, I think we have seen enough of them~

No one wants to hear from those blithering crybabies anyway. A few country artist declared that they would be happy to entertain at the inaugural celebration. Let's whip up some good ole Texas BBQ and have a hoe down. It will be the greatest day in eight years.

There are some decent, some good Celebrities, and yet i say Boycott the whole nasty industry. Create special super high taxes for them exclusively Let the good guys start their own movie/entertain movie making  industry, i will support them by watching their movies, listen to their music, screw the rest of those self centered/ selfish elitist anti Christians.

I think we should remember all these names and turn the radio off or the tv if any of them come on and do not watch their movies by copies or stream them boycott them all and encourage friends to do the same.

I agree. Take their money and influence away immediately by Boycotting them. Drain the media, Hollywood elitist dry.

AMEN.     WOuldn't it be great have a patriotic    change  in DC.   I want to hear military bands.   Patriotic songs.. real people.   I want tears  to come to my eyes... lets hear love of country.

streep's last movie about this dipshit that couldn't carry a tune in a bucket was an absolutely piss ass movie.......a real DUD ( FAILURE )...........

THIS CRONE NEEDS SOME SERIOUS ACTING LESSONS................

I KNOW OF WHAT I SAY............I saw the movie.....................

I was able to get it thru red-box.......wouldn't pay more than a dollar for it.........

couldn't stand watching it all the way through........

very bad acting on her part........she should seriously consider retiring...................

Like it or not, (I'm gonna guess "not") she's one of the most skilled actors of her generation, by far.

You absolutely might not like a particular movie. Heck, might not like her style. That's ok.

... President-elect Donald Trump, a genuine celebrity in his own right, ...

Once President Trump is IN the White House and IN the Oval Office

Jan. 20, 2017 a day of celebration for the United States of America

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Michael RamirezPolitical Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service