Trey Gowdy: Why Didn’t Obama Do a ‘Damn Thing’ About Immigration When He Controlled Congress?

As the debate rages on over President Obama’s reportedly imminent announcement that he will grant “deferred action” (de facto amnesty) to upwards of 5 million illegal immigrants, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) appeared on The O’Reilly Factor on Thursday to weigh in.

The outspoken Congressman, famous for cutting to the chase, nailed the critical argument against Obama’s pending executive action in one question:

“[F]rom 2008 to 2010, when he had the House, the Senate and the White House, he didn’t do a damn thing about immigration, so why can’t he give the Republican House and Senate three months, six month, nine months, to do what he wasn’t able to do in two years?”

Excellent question. On two counts:

1. Why didn’t Obama pass immigration reform during his first two years in office, particularly after having made a campaign promise to do so, during his first year? 

Obama vowed in 2008 to “put comprehensive immigration reform back on the nation’s agenda during my first year in office.” But shortly after being sworn in, he began to back off the promise, telling reporters over a year later that what while immigration “reform” was still a “serious concern,” “we’ve got a lot on our plate right now.”

read more here: http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/202378-gowdy-obama-didnt-damn-thing...-

Views: 759

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CONG. TREY GOWDY FOR POTUS!!

OLD SARGE,'NAM VET

Old Sarge, I agree.  I would love to see him run but how do we get him to do it?  By the way, thank you for your service.  I was there in 71 - 72 and am a retired Army Warrant Officer.

I am right there with you Old Sarge. This man is not afraid of doing what is right for our country. I have called his office and suggested that he think hard about throwing his hat in thr ring. I pray that he will do just that.

HE DID IT NOW SO HE CAN BLAME THE GOP 

It wouldn't matter when or if action is taken by Obama, because his interpretation of immigration-reform is nothing but amnesty, as it will probably be if the Republicans take charge of the fiasco...this nation will never stop kissing Mexico's a$$, and the left will never stop defending an open-border.

The Council on Foreign Relations calls all the shots and they apparently decided that wasn't the best time to pursue immigration changes.

Obama has more on his plate than he knows !  He is about to reap what he has sewn in our country. The People have had enough of his B.S. and lies and will remove him from our White House.  We will remove him by the ankles if necessary. His time of terror is at an end !  He can play his race card all he wants. It has not been the color of his skin but has been the content of his character. He is a traitor to our country !

I just saw a video about Obama's husband Michael Lying about how obutthead has created 10 million jobs. It is the fried chicken racist video. Lying runs in that perverted family. I feel sorry for the two daughters growing up under two liars for parents.

I personally think this is a test run.  If he can suspend immigration law with no consequences, then he will follow it up with suspending election law to keep himself in power beyond 2016.

Very good point.

This question needs to be continually asked right up the the elections in 2016. The Democrat does that but the republicans don't know how to do a drum beat like they do. The are still beating the race drum and will never stop unless the blacks wake up and finally figure out that they are on the Democrats plantation still enslaved and voting for them and have received nothing but promises.

IT IS NOT ABOUT IMMIGRATION REFORM!!! IT IS ABOUT THE ILLEGAL FRAUD KENYAN BORN COMMUNIST MARXIST MUSLIM AND ADOLPH HITLER #2 WHO WANTS TO FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORM AMERICA INTO A SOVIET STYLE POLICE STATE!!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Angry Dem Impeachment ‘Witness’: Pam Karlan Donated Thousands To Hillary And Was On Clinton’s List For Potential SCOTUS Nomination

Image result for Pam Karlan

The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, kicked off its first impeachment circus Wednesday morning.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

One of the witnesses the Dems rolled out is an angry Hillary Clinton donor who was on Crooked’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

No wonder why this unhinged, dowdy woman is so pissed off!

“Professor Pam Karlan donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination. So she certainly has no vendetta against President Trump,” GOP Rep. Mark Walker said.

Congressman Walker also pointed out that Noah Feldman, the Dems first partisan witness in Wednesday’s hearing tweeted about impeaching Trump right after he was sworn in.

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

Meet Noah Feldman, House Democrats first partisan witness.

Look at the date of this tweet. He has been trying to get @realDonaldTrump impeached since 46 days into his presidency.

His reason? Trump criticized President Obama.

This is a sham impeachment with sham witnesses. https://twitter.com/NoahRFeldman/status/839185127494254592 

Noah Feldman @NoahRFeldman

Trump's wiretap tweets raise risk of impeachment http://bv.ms/2mY1ueX  via @BV

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

The next witness, Karlan, has donated thousands to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

So she certainly has no vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

These witnesses are as serious as House Democrats impeachment case: not at all.

The entire sham show trial is stacked with partisan hacks who have wanted to impeach Trump from the moment he won in November of 2016.

Norm Eisen, the Democrats’ counsel who is blasting Trump and questioning witnesses in Wednesday’s show trial, tweeted about impeaching Trump before Donald Trump was even sworn into office!

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service