It may surprise the majority of Americans that there is a movement(s) transpiring to call a Article V Constitutional Convention of States. Amongst political activists however, there is much awareness of this movement. And there has been much debate and consternation regarding the merits of having an Article V Constitutional Convention. This writer is forced, for the current time, to come out against the Article V Constitutional Convention as the best method to address our nations current problems. So widely diverse is this writer's reasons for opposing an Article V Constitutional Convention at this time, that it will take some effort to distill them into coherent, digestible "sound bites".
Before we begin with that task, let us talk a little more about the nuts and bolts of the Article V Constitutional Convention Process. The proposed method of Article V Constitutional Convention being proposed requires that 2/3's (currently 34) of the State Legislatures must vote and submit applications to convene an Amendment-Proposing Convention. And then, a 3/4's vote(currently 38) of the States would have to occur for the Proposed Amendment(s) to become part of the Constitution. You can learn more about Article V Constitutional Conventions and the Constitutional Convention process here. During the 1970s & 1980s, calls for a Constitutional Convention to require a balanced budget gained 30 applications from the States, failed for need of 34. However, to date, an Article V Constitutional Convention has never been used to amend the Constitution.
There are many issues driving the desire for a Article V Constitutional Convention. This writer's short list includes:
- Making what appears to be unaccountable elected officials, accountable. One means being Term Limits and another means being Campaign Finance Reform.
- Congressional Insider Trading
- Systemic Corruption intertwined with Government and Business - Systemic Corruption means that the aspects of government that are supposed to prevent & punish corruption instead are complicit in & cover corruption up
- Balanced Budget - While this issue is self evident on the Federal Level, this writer brings to bear the failure of Wright County Minnesota to produce Financial Records he has requested verbally since 2008 and in writing through various avenues since 2009. Despite the fact that all the financial records this writer requested are supposed to be public record, in response to this writer's Natural Right to Petition the Government for Redress of Grievances without fear of retaliation or punishment as reduced to writing in the First Amendment, Wright County unleashed a devastating COINTERLPRO style operation of retribution and punishment against this writer. With that in mind, this writer demands that all Municipalities(Cities, Counties, Schools, Met Councils, Port Authorities and Airport Commissions, etc.) be required to post their actual check ledgers on the internet in layman's terms. Said check ledgers to be fully down loadable to fully functioning spreadsheets like MS Excel.
- Erosion of controls the Founder's set in place to guard against the Nature of humankind to be non-virtuous - Amongst these being Checks and Balances, Transparency and Accountability - Glaring amongst these it arrogant and aristocratic denial of WE THE PEOPLE's Natural Right to Petition the Government for Redress of Grievances without fear of reprisal or punishment, as reduced to writing in the First Amendment.
- Restoration of the Rule of Law (Constitution) from the Rule of Man to......
To continue reading for free, please click here or http://t.co/v4c4scyVnJ
Those were my thoughts.
Keep fighting the Good Fight!
Thank you, my fellow citizens, for taking your valuable time to read and reflect upon what is written here.
This article is written with the same intentions as Thomas Paine. I seek no leadership role. I seek only to help the American People find their own way using their own “Common Sense”
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
The Cynical Patriot
Don Mashak Twitter
Don Mashak Facebook
Don Mashak Google Plus
WE THE PEOPLE TAR Facebook
WE THE PEOPLE TAR Twitter #WETHEPEOPLETAR
Bring Home the Politicians #BHTP
Lawless America #LawlessAmerica
Term Limits #TermLimit
Justice in Minnesota #JIM
Critical Thinking Notice - This author advises you as no politician would dare. Exercise Critical Thinking in determining the truthfulness of anything you read or hear. Do not passively accept nor believe anything anyone tells you, including this author... unless and until you verify it yourself with sources you trust and could actively defend your perspective to anyone who might debate you to the contrary of your perspective.