The Republican Race Becomes The People vs. The Delegates

Now that Donald Trump has won his big victory in the New York primary, the crucial conflict on the Republican side is The People versus The Delegates. (On the Democratic side, that's not a problem. The Delegates won long ago.)

Trump has been in the middle of this debate -- isn't he always -- taking the position that The People have primacy over The Delegates (or party elites). In New York at least, the people seem to agree with him. About seventy percent of the state's Republican voters, in an exit poll, said that the candidate with the most votes in the primaries should be the party nominee. Results were only slightly lower in Wisconsin.

Trump's position is clearly the small-d democratic one, but he can be faulted for not knowing, or at least not caring, about the delegate rules in advance (states like Colorado and Wyoming not needing a primary or even a caucus before nominating delegates, etc.) and then complaining. This does not speak well of his preparation for the presidency.

But truth and the American way is on Donald's side in this debate, if I may be so bold. Yes, we are a republic, but it is in the best tradition of a republic that the citizens of each state get to choose their state's favorite democratically, preferably by secret ballot. They do in the general election.

That Ted Cruz did so poorly in the New York primary, coming in a distant third to Kasich, can be ascribed to his ill-conceived remarks about "New York values," but also to a reaction to his backroom delegate hunting approach to the nomination.

That may not be fair to Cruz, who is following the rules, such as they are. But the rules do not look good. Few of us were aware of them, because it has been so long since they were even remotely at play in the nominating process. They are now and they look in sore need of changing.

read more:

https://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/2016/04/19/the-people-vs-the-d...

Views: 448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The electoral college "the rules" are chicanery no matter what, when, where, how etc. It is now indeed a  matter of the American voters versus "the rules" and not just Trump. 

It is actually a debate about a Republic form of government versus a Democracy form of government. However after all is said and done the only difference is the Republic form is based on the people delegating the power sovereignty vested in them. This power is always vested in the people and only they can rule on situation like the "the rules" being  wrong. "The rules" can not be the rules that control rules that are based on chicanery. 

Visit by http://tapsearch.com/ray-tapajna-journals where I explore the latent response of religion and philosophy in the global economic arena. 

The GOP party is out dated.

Obama and the Democratic Party also says that about our Constitution, which would be your preference?

Trump is a typical east coast person - liberal Progressive that only wants to use parts of the Constitution to LIMIT what they do not like but others can not have States rights and powers.

Many have never heard and are little more than sheep, but Trump reminds me of an individual who wrote that book,"Mein Kamph"

How can one learn who the State Deligates are in each State? It appears that State Deligates may or may not consider the wishes of the Public in their State, so rather than spend $$Millions trying to turn out the vote for a particular candidate maybe those $$Millions need to be used to educate "Deligates' on important issues and where each candidate stands on same.

Example: if Hillary Clinton supports 'Gun Control' and extensive changes to our 2ND Amendment, then all delicates, across party lines, need to be aware. They also need to know where her Republican opponent stands on the same issue.

The same goes for all important issues concerning our Nation and how all the candidates (regardless of party) stand on said issues. It's time OUR people, deligates, media, educators, etc. fully understand critical issues, their potential affect on our Nation and how each needs to be dealt with for the benefit of our Country not individuals or their Political Party.

Folks, we stand to loose our Constitutional Republic this year if we don't get our act together and mount an AGGRESSIVE action plan to save it. Donald Trump offers the best solution to our Leadership challenge as he is not in this for himself or because of some obligation to a Political Party or deep pocket contributor. He sees and calls by name the issues and what needs to be done to deal with them.

Wakeup to truth and reality concerning our Nation's current delimas and think of what it will take to meet each challenge. Then decide who is best qualified to deal with them. Don't listen to political hype or run from reality, step up and step out and join the movement to save the USA.

Richard , instead of you asking that question, why not attend your local precinct meetings and I think you will know who and how the delegates are picked and elected.  And, they are not hand picked as all of you Trumpettes want to believe, there are no conspiracies against the Snake Oil Salesman. 

OF COURSE THEY SHOULD !!!!!!!   Both Republican and Democrat Party's have displayed "VASTLY CORRUPT INITIATIVES" that  ONLY BENEFIT the both Party's, but IGNORE COMPLETELY the AMERICAN CITIZENS who are NOT REPRESENTED  in CONGRESS or anywhere else in the Government. This has been going on for generations but has reached it's PINNACLE these past few years. BOTH PARTY'S are responsible for our current debacle throughout the world AND at home, which is WHY the PEOPLE this ELECTION CYCLE have DEMANDED that NO POLITICIAN BE ELECTED PRESIDENT, ONLY a PERSON WHO WILL REPRESENT THE PEOPLE AND NOT A PARTY !!!! IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WANT AN END TO THE CORRUPTION THAT THE STATUS QUO WOULD ONCE AGAIN, ENGENDER.  TRUMP is the person most PEOPLE FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH, he IS HOWEVER The WORST NIGHTMARE OF THE ELITIST PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS (of BOTH Party's) and are trying to MUTUALLY DESTROY  TRUMP USING EVERY METHOD ( LEGAL OR ILLEGAL) to do so.  The American People are WISE to the POLITICIANS GAME and will ALSO DO WHAT EVER NEEDS TO BE DONE to THWART ANY UNDERHANDED and NEFARIOUS MEANS to defeat TRUMP, and will even TEAR THE COUNTRY APART if they succeed !!!!

Thank you, Mr. Clark! Spoken as a true Son of the Republic!

It's written, But I hear it in my head as spoken out loud!!!! 

It is sad but both parties have forgotten their role in government and the people's role... it is about time to start sending some mightier than the people thinking people to prison or the gallows... Start with Hussein Obama, Hillary Clinton, Pelosi and Reid...

I Bring You Good News About the Race for President. And Bad News.

image_pdfimage_print

In a country of more than 300 million people Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are currently the two frontrunners in the race for the White House. This raises an important question: WHAT?

As one website put it, “Clinton and Trump combine for the most-hated frontrunner duo in favorability polling history.” And in the wisdom of the American people, these are the two they’re currently picking to win their respective party’s nomination for president – the two with the lowest favorability numbers? This raises another question: Is that because Justin Bieber wasn’t eligible since he’s Canadian?

Here are the average Favorability ratings for Hillary Clinton collected by RealClearPolitics:

Unfavorable: 54.2%

Favorable:       40.2%

Margin:           -14%

But there’s a sliver of sunshine in those numbers for Hillary. And the sliver has a name:  Donald Trump. Here’s what the voters think about him:

Unfavorable:   64.5%

Favorable:       29.4%

Margin:           -35.1

Trump, who makes a lot of promises he can’t actually keep, says Hillary Clinton would be “easy to beat.” But that’s not what the polls say. The RealClearPolitics average has Hillary beating Donald 49.6 percent to 39 percent.

That’s no surprise since Donald has offended just about every group he’d need to win the presidency.

In critical times it’s not only important to state the obvious, but to state it often. So here goes, again: This will not end well for the Republican Party.

I say that with total confidence – as of this moment. If Donald starts acting like a grownup and Hillary gets indicted, then, who knows? I might – repeat might – change my forecast.

So let’s end with some good news/bad news about our choices this time around. The good news stems from a memory I have growing up in the South Bronx. Grownups used to tell us kids that in this great country of ours, anybody could become President. The bad news is … it looks like it’s true.

Mangus, we have an equal amount of delusional asses out there as we had in 2008.  They have absolutely no idea as to what to hell is being told them and are willing to accept everything. 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Chip BokThe cartoonist's homepage, pnj.com/opinion

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service