Texas Supreme Court: Gay Couples Have No Inherent Right To Marriage Benefits

Image result for Gay Couples Have No Inherent Right To Marriage Benefits

“The Texas Supreme Court’s decision this morning is a warning shot..."

The Texas Supreme Court ruled unanimously Friday that gay couples have no inherent right to government-funded spousal benefits.

The all-Republican nine-member court ruled that while the U.S. Supreme Court in 2015 legalized same-sex marriage in Obergefell v. Hodges, the “reach and ramifications” of the rights of gay couples are still up in the air.

The nation’s highest court legalized same-sex marriage, but did not detail what additional rights are guaranteed to such couples, according to the Texas court.

Conservative groups applauded the decision, calling it a ruling that protects traditional marriage.

Supporters of gay marriage said the Texas court got it wrong, arguing that the Supreme Court clearly stated that all marriages, traditional and same-sex, must be treated equally.

“The Texas Supreme Court’s decision this morning is a warning shot to all LGBTQ Americans that the war on marriage equality is ever-evolving, and anti-LGBTQ activists will do anything possible to discriminate against our families,” said Sarah Kate Ellis, president of the LGBT advocacy group GLAAD.

The case stemmed from a dispute in 2013, when then-Houston Mayor Annise Parker, the city’s first openly gay mayor, was sued by two local taxpayers for her decision to grant government-subsidized spousal benefits to gay couples who were married in other states.

The two taxpayers, a pastor and a CPA, sued Parker, arguing that no city employees had a “fundamental right” to receive government-funded spousal benefits and that it was “perfectly constitutional” to grant benefits to traditionally married couples and deny them to same-sex couples.

The case appeared to be dead in the water when the state of Texas began extending spousal benefits to same-sex couples after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in 2015.

But conservative groups continued to press their case. Pressure by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick and Attorney General Ken Paxton led the state’s Supreme Court to re-hear the case in March.

The state court ruling sends the issue back to a Harris County district court, which must consider whether the city of Houston is required to provide spousal benefits to same-sex couples.

“Pidgeon and the mayor, like many other litigants throughout the country, must now assist the courts in fully exploring Obergefell’s reach and ramifications, and are entitled to the opportunity to do so,” Justice Jeffrey Boyd wrote in the Texas court’s decision. “We reverse the court of appeals’ judgment, vacate the trial court’s temporary injunction order.”

Supporters of gay marriage say they will appeal the ruling.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/texas-supreme-court-gay-couples-no...

Image result for bible against gay marriage quotes

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aaaannnnnnd—  Just    where   is   the   L A W  that  legalizes same sex marriage?

Where........does the court......have ...legal  jurisdiction  to  write  law????

I'm so sorry, maybe the Constitution was ripped to shreds, in order to make this happen and I missed the whole thing. Because it sure CAN'T happen. No matter WHAT they say, they cannot violate the Law of Nature and Nature's God, PLUS, there IS NO LAW.

But, damnit, there IS DOMA, still in effect. And that pesky 10th A. Oh, well, there is that pesky Art. 1 and that pesky Art. II. Maybe I just don't read write, right?

DUH duh DUH  duh  DUH

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY???

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY???"

That list is soooooooooooo long these days...

Related image

so true, and getting longer and more confusing to the dufuses.

Not so confusing to us, though....

and how did I leave out Art. III, where, no matter how hard I look, I see no jurisdiction for marriage. One way or the other.

Gee.............I wonder why.  Could it be our government has corrupted the Constitution, not to mention the Bible......?

Image result for detective presentermedia animation

Can they really be as ignorant as they seem?

It really does NOT take that long to learn the spirit of the Constitution, or the phrases between each set of commas, kind of like the Bible.

I only read 18 authorized jurisdictions, can they count that high, or WHAT?!

Speaking of ignorant...   This is how dumb some of our high school and/or college kids are.  After heading home from a client one night this week, I decided to stop at Sonic Drive In on the way home and get a burger and onion rings.  When the carhop takes my money, part of my change would have been a dime, and she couldn't get the dimes to come out of the money changer.  And she asks "is it okay if I short you ten cents?  My dimes aren't working".  Course I didn't give a damn about the dime, but I said "You know.....two nickels would equal ten cents".  She stands there thinking about it a minute and then "Oh....uh....yeah, that's right, that works too huh?"        DUH

THAT'S how dumb the future generations are...

Image result for dunce

I remember giving one carhop a bunch of change including pennies. I remember her looking at all of the change, and asking, "Is this exact?"

She had no idea of how to count it.

I have had students in college (community college/2 yr) who did not know how to read a ruler. They said they had never been taught. I kid you not.

I absolutely believe it....after all, many of them aren't teaching cursive anymore, or American history.  Washington Univiersity in it's infinite lack of wisdom and patriotism has decided that history majors don't need to take American History classes...........................HUH?  So how can they be a "major"?

And, I forget who, but I think a guest on Tucker said he had to fight to get the local school board to teach European history. They didn't know jacksquat about England or France.

Not knowing anything about anything leaves them all ripe for takeover.

...........Looking for that instigating culprit?

OH Frank!   I think you've outdone yourself....

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Facebook & Twitter

ALERT ALERT

BREAKING: Hillary Admits She Was Wrong About ‘Deplorables,’
White Nationalists Only ‘0.15%’ Of U.S. Population

(TeaParty.org) – Hillary Clinton, the failed liberal presidential candidate who sealed her fate by slamming half of U.S. voters as a load of racist, sexist, xenophobic “deplorables,” just came out and admitted she was wrong, Breitbart reports.

Speaking with Hugh Hewitt on his radio show about her book “What Happened,” he asked her if she actually believes that half of the American population are white nationalists and racists.

“Of the 62.9 million people who voted for President Trump, do you have a number in your mind that you think are actually white nationalist racists of that 62.9 million, a real number?” he asked.

“No, I don’t,” she said.

Still have any doubts? Later in the conversation, Hewitt asked the same question again. “Do you think there are more than a half million, you know, honest-to-God white nationalists running around the United States?”

Clinton: “Probably not, no.”

A white nationalist would like to establish a sovereign country for people of white European heritage, an idea everyone across the political spectrum finds unspeakably intolerable and offensive. Now, the woman who declared that this was the desire of more than half of Americans is saying that virtually nobody wants it. On both counts, she’s completely wrong.

There’s no doubt that Clinton is probably going to try running again for president in 2020 – if she’s even alive that long – and might be trying to absolve her guilt and pander to all those “undecideds” who instantly went MAGA the second she blasted them as no-good racist deplorables for not voting Democrat.

However, Clinton did later admit that there were more white nationalists in America than she had thought. Expressing her worries that the internet and the presidency of Trump is giving them a voice and a platform, she hinted that under her iron scepter, she will attempt to silence them.

“Unfortunately, their views, which used to be quite beyond the mainstream, you know, have a much broader audience now, because you know, of being online and having outlets and media presence that can promote those attitudes,” she said.

How many white nationalists are there in the United States? That’s a question with troublingly few answers, since for some mysterious reason the liberal mainstream media – even though it claims all the time that white supremacy is on the rise – hasn’t actually bothered to take polls and just ask people whether they are white nationalists.

Actually, there’s a simple answer to that. If such a poll were to be taken, our bet is that liberals would be very disappointed to discover that almost nobody is actually a white nationalist, and so there would be no way they could continue scaring people with those fears. A tactic Clinton has apparently given up on.

Left-wingers are entirely convinced that some vague but large majority of people who say they aren’t racists or white nationalists, actually share a lot of views with them – which is why Nazi and white supremacist have become interchangeable with Republican and libertarian.

An article by Newsweek, which polled around 5,000 in order address this very question, came up with this response:

About 70 percent of respondents strongly agreed that people of different races should be “free to live wherever they choose” and that “all races are equal,” and 89 percent agreed that all races should be treated equally. At the same time, 31 percent of respondents said they strongly or somewhat agreed that the country needs to “protect and preserve its White European heritage,” while 34 percent strongly or somewhat disagreed and 29 percent said they neither agreed nor disagreed.

Reality is, it’s a little true that some Americans do have overlapping views with white nationalists, but the overwhelming majority of respondents STRONGLY believe that the races should be free, are equal, and should be treated equally. Sounds like none of these respondents would be joining a lynch mob or waging a second Holocaust any time soon – trying to equate the preservation of white heritage with support for slavery and genocide is obviously one of the Left’s biggest lies, and the very reason why 39 percent of people in this same survey believe white people are under attack.

So Clinton changes her mind, and now says she believes less than one percent of the American population are white nationalists – did she believe there were even LESS than that during the campaign trail? Either way, she’s either just lying or plain stupid.

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service