Ted Cruz Strikes Back: ‘Too Many Republicans Willing to Be Complicit’

In the midst of the debate over a mammoth government spending bill, Republicans and Democrats found something to agree on: their dislike for Sen. Ted Cruz, who forced a rare weekend session for the Senate.

But rather than back down, Cruz opted to call out Washington politicians on Sean Hannity’s radio show Monday.

“Too many politicians in Washington don’t believe we can stand and fight,” Cruz told Hannity.

He lamented that Republican leaders frequently plead to put off tough fights for another day, as they wanted to do on immigration. Cruz predicted Republicans once again would find an excuse not to act next year as well:

Mark my words, Sean, the odds are enormous that come January or February, the very same voices are going to say, ‘Well, we’ve got a Republican majority, but we don’t have 60 votes, so we can’t fight yet.’ If we had 60 votes, they would come back and say, ‘You know, we have 60 votes but we don’t have 67. We don’t have enough to override a veto.’

“It’s always, always, always let’s fight tomorrow,” Cruz said. “At some point, what the heck are we doing? Either stand up and demonstrate we believe the principles we keep promising voters … or pack it up already.”

Cruz used the radio show to make a populist pitch. He said during the first six years of Obama’s presidency, “the rich and powerful have gotten richer and more powerful.” He noted that the top 1 percent in America today earn a higher share than in any year since 1928.

“The bigger government gets, the more it becomes a favor factory, the more it becomes special gifts for the powerful and connected,” Cruz said. “So what was the priority of both houses in this omnibus? It was every payoff for all the lobbyists rather than honoring the promises.”

read more:

http://dailysignal.com/2014/12/15/ted-cruz-strikes-back-many-republ...

Views: 821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At one time, just recently, was totally against any move to a 3rd party and to just take over the Republican Party.  What have we accomplished, nothing.  What we really have done is give negative talking points to the TPers by the very politicians we have been trying to replace, no consideration has been given.  Any candidates that the TP supports are marginalized by the good ole boys and the media to which they control. 

Whatever the differences are between the major TPs they should have a truce and lets pick a candidate.  I personally have a choice, Ted Cruz.  At this very stage in the coming election, he has been the only consistent potential candidate and let anyone who says that any of the others have remained true to their convictions let them say it now.  We need to create that new party right now and waiting will only force any of our candidates into a lions den of leaches. 

We currently have two Independents in the Senate, who do they caucus with.  There were 22 senators that voted with Cruz and Lee and only 20 voting with McConnell, that should leave us with power over the current Republican Party. It is at the top of this government we should concern ourselves, how many governments are controlled by multiple parties. 

Who controls the distribution of money to the candidates?  The establishment.  Who bad mouths the Tea Party?  The establishment.  Who is the establishment selling out to at the moment?  The other party's establishment.  Start a conservative caucus.  I'm fed up with the "establishment."  Say one thing and do another.

The communist in the white house is redistributing wealth. Cruz knows is and he wants to fight against that. The GOP leadership doesn't. That's obvious. Go Sen. Cruz and fight the just fight!

YOU CAN'T LOSE WITH CRUZ. I'M A FOLLOWER OF THE CRUZ.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/spiritofamericapartybook/2014/12/19/le...

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Rudy Fires Warning Shot – Going to Release Evidence on the Biden’s Millions in Corrupt Deeds!

President Trump’s personal attorney and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani dropped a bomb this morning warning that he is going to start revealing documents related to the Biden Family’s corrupt and criminal dealings in the Ukraine and elsewhere around the world.

Rudy tweeted:

Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

Rudy Giuliani    @RudyGiuliani

Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People. The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.

It’s time to take these criminals from the Obama Administration to task.  The Bidens, Obamas and the Clintons were criminal enterprises.

Trump Speaks At March For Life Rally

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service