Ted Cruz Press Release: Democrats Block Cruz Resolution to Create Joint Select Committee to Investigate Benghazi Attacks

Press Release of Senator Cruz

Democrats Block Cruz Resolution to Create Joint Select Committee to Investigate Benghazi Attacks

Cruz co-sponsors Cornyn Bill to Designate Fort Hood Shooting as Terrorist Attack

Thursday, September 12, 2013

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has introduced a resolution, S.R. 225, to create a joint select committee to investigate the Benghazi terrorist attacks from one year ago, last September 11, 2012. On Wednesday, Sen. Cruz requested unanimous consent to introduce and pass the resolution, but Democrats blocked it from consideration.

“On September 11, 2012, four Americans were brutally murdered in a terrorist attack against our embassy in Benghazi and one year later, there has still been no action of reprisal and no justice rendered upon the assailants,” Sen. Cruz said. “Failure to hold accountable the perpetrators of this vicious attack will leave terrorists around the world with the impression that they can kill Americans and escape the consequences, increasing the likelihood of future attacks. The American people deserve to have a complete account from their government of the events in Benghazi before, during, and after the attack.”

The Cruz resolution currently has 19 cosponsors including Sens. Vitter, Blunt, Toomey, Paul, Scott, Heller, Lee, Inhofe, Ayotte, Portman, Coburn, Roberts, Risch, Ron Johnson, Isakson, Crapo, Cochran, Grassley and Enzi.

Additionally, Sen. Cruz has cosponsored legislation, the Honoring the Fort Hood Heroes Act, filed by Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) to rightfully designate the Fort Hood shooting as a terrorist attack. In the aftermath of the shooting, the State Department designated the attack as “workplace violence” because the attack took place on U.S. soil rather than in a designated combat zone. This designation has prevented victims from receiving the same awards and benefits as their deployed counterparts who are wounded or killed in the line of duty. The Honoring the Fort Hood Heroes Act would correct this inequity and provide benefits the Fort Hood victims deserve.

read the text of his Resolution:

167747300-Sen-Ted-Cruz-Resolution-Calling-for-Congress-to-Establish...

Views: 1306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If "We the People" don't get it by now .. all hope for Americas future may be disintegrating before our eyes ..

Folks .. We must elect Conservative Constititionalists to have any hope at all .. support Ted Cruz and the tea Party

GOD will Bless America , but we have to honor HIM ..

Fast & Furious, Benghazi, NSA domestic spying scandal, the IRS being used to stall fund raising by groups opposed to Obama, the Egyptian Press claiming in their headlines that Barrack Hussein Obama has illegally funneled $8 BILLION dollars to Hamas, and is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Geez boys and girls could this all be because our honorable and hardworking media were too damn busy fawning over Obama than to properly investigate his background? What about government background checks to give security to the incoming president?Obama, and the heads of the national media ought to be tried and then executed for treason.

We need to keep calling the Democrats out for placing politics above the safety of Americans.  I use my other social media to deliver the message on a regular basis.  I would like to connect with the Tea Party on FaceBook but do not want to surrender my family and friends info in order to do so.

Carolan, you might think about creating another FB solely for patriot issues.

This is disgusting. Remember though, although we are always being picked to pieces on the media, the Dems really have NOTHING after Obama and the Benghazi Bitch!. Nothing! I mean why would anyone even consider that screaming Loon Dean, Reed is a pathetic old fart so what else is there.

I think TP is in pretty good shape.

THAT SON OF A BITCH OBAMA  WHO THE HELL IS PROTECTING THIS GUY ? IT`S SURELY NOT SEALS. HOW CAN U MAKE A BIG PART OF THE GOVERNMENT PROTECT THIS GUY. HOW CAN THEY BLOCK A RESOLUTION TO FIND OUT WHO KILLED 4 PEOPLE I MEAN WHAT`S THE BIG DEAL. I KNOW OBAMA HAD A HAND IN IT BUT HOW CAN ALL THOSE PEOPLE BE EITHER  SO STUPID. AND THEY ARE BRINGING HILLARY OUT NOW SHE`S THE LAST PERSON THAT SHOULD BE ELECTED WHY ? IT LOOKS TO ME THAT THE CLINTONS ARE IN BED WITH THE OBAMAS.

YEP!! They say OBAMA can't be touched, for murder of AMBASSIDOR STEVENS and the 3 Marines!! He can't be touched, for being suspect in 12 Murders,(cause he ad someelse do them!! Holder is suspect for ordering the hit of BRIAN TERRY, the Boarder Guard, and now suspect in the murder od the invertigator og the BRIAN TERRY MURDER!! ON and ON!! All sorts of murders in the CLINTON WHITE-WATER, scandal!!! BONES, THUGS , LIARS, AND DISHARMONY!! OBAMA using our country to take an OIL/GAS PIPELINE in SYRIA, funding AL QEADA rebels,OBAMA making deals with theSAUDIS KING !! (AKA, apology tour), AIDING and ABETTING, HAMAS enemy of our country! Appointing MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD members and sympathisers into HIGH positions of the WHITE HOUSE, and CZARS!! His brother, on a SECURITY WATCH LIST, for being  a member of the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD!! EGYPT MEDIA<(who don't like OBAMA, and hate him as much as we do), came out and said, 'FOR SURE!! OBAMA IS A MEMBER OF THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD !! Has great power with them!! OBAMA, now appears to have bloodties with the ROYAL FAMILY , He said,' 2 weeks ago,'Where I come from, I'm known as a PRINCE,(yeah, PRINCE of DARKNESS!!). And of course, I will never forget what he said, 'YOU'LL KNOW ME, EEEHHHPP, BY THE PEOPLE I SURROUND MYSELF WITH!!' TAKE A GOOD LOOK NOW!! WHO DOES HE SUROUND HIMSELF WITH!! GOD BLESS AMERICA AGAIN!! REMOVE OBAMA FOR TREASON!! Larry K.Parent,Naples,FL. 'SUPER-PATRIOT'.

Larry, you are so dead on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!In the history of our country I do not believe that we have ever had so many COWARDS. This is up to the people and our Military (past and present) to take our country back. I have no doubt that God will have our back. Thank you for your service to our country.  I pray that the American people will not let this country down.

Of course those mentally ill leftists are afraid their hopes to see Hilarious as their president would be shot if the people realized she helped cover up the disaster.

We are behind Ted Cruz all the way and if we need to send petitions to get these idiot overturned from keeping Cruz from investigating.  We need to let Ted Cruz know that we are behind him all the way and we will help him do anything he needs to do to charge these evil corrupt loons in the WH.

THE DEMS KNOW BARRY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE DEATHS . THEY WILL NEVER LET BENGHAZI BE INVESTIGATED .

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

Judge Orders Mueller To Prove  Russia Meddled In Election 

Judge Dabney L. Friedrich

A Washington federal judge on Thursday ordered special counsel Robert Mueller’s team to clarify election meddling claims lodged against a Russian company operated by Yevgeny Prigozhin, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to Bloomberg.

Concord Management and Consulting, LLC. – one of three businesses indicted by Mueller in February along with 13 individuals for election meddling, surprised the special counsel in April when they actually showed up in court to fight the charges. Mueller’s team tried to delay Concord from entering the case, arguing that thee Russian company not been properly served, however Judge Dabney Friedrich denied the request – effectively telling prosecutors ‘well, they’re here.’

Concord was accused in the indictment of supporting the Internet Research Agency (IRA), a Russian ‘troll farm’ accused of trying to influence the 2016 US election.

On Thursday, Judge Freidrich asked Mueller’s prosecutors if she should assume they aren’t accusing Concord of violating US laws applicable to election expenditures and failure to register as a foreign agent.

Concord has asked Dabney to throw out the charges – claiming that Mueller’s office fabricated a crime, and that there is no law against interfering in elections.

According to the judge’s request for clarification, the Justice Department has argued that it doesn’t have to show that Concord had a legal duty to report its expenditures to the Federal Election Commission. Rather, the allegation is that the company knowingly engaged in deceptive acts that precluded the FEC, or the Justice Department, from ascertaining whether they had broken the law. -Bloomberg

On Monday, Friedrich raised questions over whether the special counsel’s office could prove a key element of their case – saying that it was “hard to see” how allegations of Russian influence were intended to interfere with US government operations vs. simply “confusing voters,” reports law.com.

During a 90-minute hearing, Friedrich questioned prosecutor Jonathan Kravis about how the government would be able to show the Russian defendants were aware of the Justice Department and FEC’s functions and then deliberately sought to skirt them.

“You still have to show knowledge of the agencies and what they do. How do you do that?” Friedrich asked.

Kravis, a prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, argued that the government needed only to show that Concord Management and the other defendants were generally aware that the U.S. government “regulates and monitors” foreign participation in American politics. That awareness, Kravis said, could be inferred from the Russians’ alleged creation of fake social media accounts that appeared to be run by U.S. citizens and “computer infrastructure” intended to mask the Russian origin of the influence operation.

“That is deception that is directed at a higher level,” Kravis said. Kravis appeared in court with Michael Dreeben, a top Justice Department appellate lawyer on detail to the special counsel’s office. -law.com

Concord pleaded not guilty in May. Their attorney, Eric Dubelier – a partner at Reed Smith, has described the election meddling charges as “make believe,” arguing on Monday that Mueller’s indictment against Concord “doesn’t charge a crime.”

“There is no statute of interfering with an election. There just isn’t,” said Dubelier, who added that Mueller’s office alleged a “made-up crime to fit the facts they have.”

Dubelier added that the case against Concord Management is the first in US history “where anyone has ever been charged with defrauding the Justice Department” through their failure to register under FARA.

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service