Have a T-P Pre-Primary to avoid sure defeat // Implement a drive to recruit and organize into each precinct

This discussion needs your direct support or direct critique that I might respond.  Other idea's please start in a new discussion (note: this has been revised after 400+ comments, but if possible read all of them) thank you for your time: (revised July 20th,'13)

I thought it would be helpful (stike that, it's absolutely imperative!!!!)  to have a T Party pre-primary prior to the RINO primary so we wouldn't split our vote.  That thread sort of grew to the following two steps:

The following two step approach would require a temporary meeting of the minds from the various larger conservative Tea Party factions for the following purposes::

1. Having a pre-primary to avoid the late RINO primary so we avoid splitting our vote and being able to get out there now to campaign because we have some serious hills to climb (our message, government news and funding etc.). But the main point here is that we always split our votes in the regular RINO primary, we need to avoid this.  We need some sort of (temporary or other) unified effort of all the un-unified groups for this purpose.  Make sure you don't miss a word utilized here and that the whole 'idea' is understood.  Along with this we also need to have the above bonded with the following item number 2, as follows:

2. Implement a plan to organize and recruit deep into every precinct for the T-Party.

This would include the larger T-P groups to supply their associated local smaller groups with solid information to be distributed and used as a means to educate both door to door and if possible via ads in their local news papers when feasible. (with an increase in some recruiting, this can work - I've checked out the cost).

We have great web sites on the internet but many republican’s, democrats and independents don’t go there.  We need a serious ground team for all of our upcoming elections.  Many of our small groups are getting smaller and many not associated would like to be contacted by us.  Our idea's are solid but we're mainly singing to the choir.  We need to open our doors and windows and move into our communities. This comment needs a bit more explaining but I know it's solid.  In many of my postings in this discussion, I've explained it better and longer.  In short, we need to 'recruit, educate and promote'.  We recruit first, be fed by the larger groups in order to, move into the streets to inform and when feasible w/ just some higher recruiting - IT IS POSSIBLE for the smaller groups to have 's o m e' newspaper exposure on a regular bi/weekly < > time to promote our beliefs. Also, at your local meetings you need a precinct map where you pin-point what precincts your members live in; with a strong eye on having representation in all of your precincts.  This will probably require to hit the streets some time.  This is where we win or not. This has to be a consistent part of some part of all your meetings, to work these precincts, understand this - this is vital.

I hope more of you will catch this vision.  First, understand it ..... thank you for your time.

PS: please help spread this word about this to your friends and other T-Party groups; as many as you can at this url:

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topics/tea-party-primary-prior-to...

Also: The Patriot Vetting Committee (http://patriotvoting.com) has been offering support to get patriot groups together in each state to do this work in a consensus-building manner.

See Lee Havis posting around page 29 (I think) : lee@patriotvoting.com

In order to organize into every precinct, we will need some tools.  Please watch the two video links below.

They deal with the nuts and bolts of American Politics, so they are boring, but, short.

Never-the-less, they contain needed information.  The last link is to the host site, which if we all used it as part of our political tool box would make a world of difference.

OR HERE: =========================

The "True Business of the Precincts" Part 1

http://www.unitedprecinctsofamerica.org/content/true-business-precincts-part-1

The "True Business of the Precincts" Part 2

http://www.unitedprecinctsofamerica.org/content/true-business-precincts-part-2

Welcome to United Precincts of America!

Are you ready to accept the challenge and be American?
The U.S. Constitution is irrelevant without the means of enforcement. The means of enforcement is the Precinct Strategy... the True Business of the Precincts. The Enforcer..? We the People! ― Phil Glass

http://www.unitedprecinctsofamerica.org/

======================================

Hillary has started and has the complete tools and ground work of her former boss:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/307615-ready...

Views: 3871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now we are talking... The first step is to get independent patriot groups to agree to have a primary and caucuses.  The next step would be to draft the rules and devise methods to register and vote in the primary/caucus. The third and perhaps the most difficult step would be to CONVINCE candidates to run and ABIDE by the results of a non-binding primary/caucus. 

Any primary or caucus the Tea Party organizes would not have the force of election law to enforce there results. The result of such primaries and caucuses would be no more binding or effective than a well conceived and executed 'Straw Poll'.  For the life of me, I don't know why anyone running for high office would subject themselves to the expense of running a campaign in an unsanctioned primary or caucus... the advantages are well offset by the disadvantages. The longer a campaign the greater the expense and the more risk of making a critical misstep or misspeak.

The current electoral system is designed... to limit outside interference with the formal party structures (primary and caucuses) that control the nomination process. We are attempting to correct the CORRUPTION found in major party primaries and caucuses; in order, to secure the nomination of candidates that truly represent the majority of the party members preferences in the General Election.  This hardly seems plausible using the proposed strategy...

Any Tea Party primary or caucus is non-binding on the Major Parties and there selection process.  We will still need to run our candidates in their primary and or caucuses.  They can still offer multiple candidates to split the vote and engineer the outcome in support of the incumbent or party elite favorite.

The ideal solution is to reform the election laws... to mandate RUN OFF ELECTIONS when three or more candidates run and no candidate achieves 66% of the vote on the FIRST BALLOT. A mandatory second should follow, pitting the top two finishers from the first ballot, this will produce a candidate that has the clear majority support of their party, to stand for election in the General Election.

Requiring run-off elections in the primaries and caucuses will reduce the ability of party elites to proffer unpopular candidates in the General Election.  Insider Party politics works to split the vote of their opposition. They often divide the opposition vote by proctoring multiple candidates, some who are shills, the primaries and caucuses are being managed to predetermined outcome.  

A primary or caucus that requires a second ballot... when no candidate receives 66% of the vote, will diminish the tactic of 'splitting the vote' and it will produce candidates that have the clear support of a majority in their party.

So you feel the entire Tea Party should abandon the grassroots on which it was formed, real people working in their own communities, and become a "Party?"  You think we should pick one single person and then in essence become that person's ideologies?  We accomplished a lot in the '10 elections by being extremely active in our communities.  Remember, our senators and representatives come from our states.  So you need to rally in your own states and back them.  We all have our own states we need to work in and continue to work in.  Leadership is you, in your state.

Admin: I can't exactly tell who or what your post was responding but thought there were a couple of items to discuss from your post where you said:

[So you feel the entire Tea Party should abandon the grassroots on which it was formed, real people working in their own communities, and become a "Party?"  You think we should pick one single person and then in essence become that person's ideologies?  We accomplished a lot in the '10 elections by being extremely active in our communities.  Remember, our senators and representatives come from our states.  So you need to rally in your own states and back them.  We all have our own states we need to work in and continue to work in.  Leadership is you, in your state.]

Yes, I agree some have suggested the formation of a party but I just want to clarify that I didn't in this thread, that's way above my pay grade.  I do feel the 'grassroots' have been seriously damaged and in the last Presidential election the t-party took a huge hit in several ways.  Regarding picking one single person ... in the last election it sure seemed to me we got divided in several ways and it has been my attempt here to circumvent that happening again.  If we have several, even two or more in the RINO primary, we won't win again.  This grassroots movement first of all has been wounded.  Divided as we are we can't compete with the established Republican Party or the Democrat or Progressives.  I fully agree with you about 2010, I would like to see that momentum on steroids but we need leadership to encourage it; and I've presented at least one plan that the grassroots could utilize to counter government news.  Finally, for the Presidential election we need to avoid the pitfalls of RINO primary.  I don't think there's many companies who stagnate in their original formation who don't find a need to grow to survive, to meet the ever changing market.  I'm just hoping we can find temporary means to win that will work to our advantage.  Our competition has a robust nationwide deep organized ground team.  I personally saw it in action.  Two teams of three passed my house with voting records in hand (and more) and not one single visit from my precinct committee person.  I'm not informed about all small groups, I only know of a couple.  Their numbers are very down.  Maybe that's not the norm, I don't know.  In short, I'm hoping we can avoid being divided and I'm in hopes we can organize and recruit into all precincts while informing and recruiting at the same time.  Hope this helps.

Well said, Daniel.  Thanks.  Often we (Admin) will post something just to make people think or explain more fully.

Yes, '12 was an absolute disaster.  Why?

My thoughts, we are trying to envelope too many issues at once.  That's just my humble opinion.  '10 worked because we were focused I think.  We had a "mission" then.  Taxes, free market trade and smaller government.   Then we let the left start throwing in other issues and, well..... 2012.

I believe the vision and hope of the 2010 Tea Party has been diluted... by its failure to put a unified face on its movement.  The movement has not been able to repeat the successes of the 2010 election cycle.  It now appears headed for  even worse results in the 2014 election cycle; as the GOP self-destructs, the Tea Party languishes for effective action and the Democrats revel in our disorder.

People need to see progress...  to inspire confidence and their continued support. That is not happening in real and visible terms.  Leadership has the fundamental duty to put a face to the people's hopes and aspirations; too, effectively lead them in a manner that fulfils their expectations and dreams. That also is not happening today.

Disappointment and stagnation... real or perceived, is interpreted by the people as 'more of the same'.  They are not looking for a continuum of political decay and corruption. The people's zeal and support for a movement that fails to deliver on their expectations soon diminishes. When it does, it is up to leadership to motivate the people, too focus their attention in ways that lift, inspire, and RALLY, the people. 

However, there is no effective national leadership... capable of speaking with authority for the majority of this movement.  Hence, this movements is open to be framed in the light of its opponents rhetoric... which only further decays its credibility in the eyes of the masses.

People instinctively know... success when the see and hear it. The sights and sounds coming from the many corners of this movement do not exactly inspire confidence in the Tea Party.  Mixed messages and a helter-skelter approach to engagement is not inspirational.

The recent 'turn coat' phenomenon... among 'Tea Party' favorites has hurt the movement greatly.  The mismanagement of these sad events has only compounded the people's frustration with all things political, including the 'Tea Party'.  Such negative events require a National face, too manage and mitigate their impact. That doesn't exist in our current movement. 

There is no nationally recognized authority... to respond to such events. We need to put a unified face on the movement. A national face, with clear and concise goals, that reflect the core values of our movement.  A face the people can identify with and leaders at all levels can support.

The Tea Party and Patriot movement... needs to become the undisputed voice of the people.  We need national LEADERSHIP with the authority to speak for  the 'Tea party/Patriot Movement.'   We need to create a brand.  A brand that can not be misrepresented or co-opted; a National Brand that presents a Message that resonates with the core values of every patriot. 

Our message and image need to be presented... in a way that inspires and invigorates the 'Tea Party' movement. This can only be done thru a unified approach and message.  We need to provide the people with a clear mission statement and plan; backed by a well resourced and organized system of local patriot groups. 

The People need to see a 'Tea Party'... that has matured into a national coalition, capable of delivering what it promises. It doesn't need more of the same... failed leadership and promises.  One can not expect people to continue to provide support to those who can not deliver.

What the people want and need today... is a RENEWED faith in the Tea Party movement.  They need to see tens of millions gathered in assembly. Great thronging masses demonstrating all across this nation... in every Capitol. Each demanding immediate and effective government reform.  They are looking for  a 'Tahir Square' in America. 

The people need to know they are not ALONE or ABANDONED... They need to believe they can; that their heritage will be passed on to their progeny.  They need to know that the American dream is not dead; that hope springs eternal. They need to believe in their father's dream. 

We need to produce the leaders... and the organization necessary to inspire such belief. We need to fully commit to organizing on a national level. Until this movement redefines itself and puts a fresh face to its cause... a face that the people can rally to; it will stagnate and remain cosigned to operate at the outer limits of political power.

Freedom Works has been working on this and needs our help and input in it's fine tuning and implementation of our ideas.

Not a bad idea... but it takes years to develop good leaders.  We need to address the immediate lack of leadership for our movement and while we do that we need to ask where are the resources... the individuals with the will and desire to financially support the salvation of our national heritage.

George Soros and Bill Gates have no problem financing the Leftist/Marxist movements with BILLIONS... yet, not one mega financer has step forward to the aid of this movement... makes one wonder what they will do when the Marxist secure total power and raid their vaults and treasure.

It will be to late then...

What about  the Donald?

Sir in addition to the points you stated, there are the very real effect of the IRS and other Gov agencies that absolutely diluted the drive of the Tea Party AND how about the Voter Fraud in many states? All together enabled what happened to happen, some items we can overcome other areas only integrity and honor can overcome, Thank you for your input!

I'm beginning to believe ...

More cow bell:) .... I wish a hundred or more other's would have just responded with YES like you did:)

Don Rosenberg 1 hour ago   

So we need to step up and make things happen. What did you all think of my proposed action plan so we actually start working on something instead of talk, talk, talk?

Repeating...

I don't think that the individual Tea Party groups would ever want to form a unified coalition, but I do think if we pointed out how 5 conservatives competing in a GOP primary GUARANTEES that the RINO candidate will win almost every time, they might be willing to work together to implement your pre-primary idea. I would love for this group to help come up with the various arguments we need and then help find contacts for the various Tea Party leaders to present the idea.

Thanks, Daniel, for getting the ball rolling on this!

1. Basic argument - "stop shooting ourselves in the foot" or "stop splitting the Tea Party (or Conservative) vote." Have a pre-primary with simple rules so that a single viable candidate can emerge to challenge the incumbent/RINO in the GOP primary.

2. Supporting facts - do we have anyone who has access to various primary results in 2010 and 2012 that can document how often a RINO won with less than 50% of the vote due to multiple conservatives running in the primary?

3. Contacts for the various Tea Party leaders - can we develop a list of leader contacts and when we're ready, present them with our argument and supporting facts?

That seems about as simple and straight-forward as anyone can get.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Obama Lies Again: – Ignores That The Year After Signing The Stimulus More Than (4) Million Jobs Were Lost

Former President Obama, the only President in US history who had his FBI and other Intel agencies spy on the opposition party candidate, claims that he created the great economy that Americans are enjoying today. The only thing Obama created was debt and massive job losses with his horrible economic recovery.

Yesterday the former President tweeted an effort to take credit for President Trump’s successful economy:

Joe Hoft@joehoft

Of course another @BarackObama lie. He can’t open his mouth without lying. 11 years ago the US lost (4.3) million jobs over the next 12 months. Horrible liar. https://twitter.com/barackobama/status/1229432034650722304 

Barack Obama  @BarackObama

Eleven years ago today, near the bottom of the worst recession in generations, I signed the Recovery Act, paving the way for more than a decade of economic growth and the longest streak of job creation in American history.

President Obama’s policies were a disgrace and a failure. He doubled the national debt in spite of zero interest rates from the Fed. His recovery was the worst in US history.

Also, Obama’s assertion is just plain false. The ‘Stimulus’ was passed in February 2009 right after Obama took over the Presidency. He promised to not pass any bills for at least a week to allow for the bills to be read by the people but lied as soon as he was sworn in. The Stimulus was hundreds and hundreds of pages of government handouts to Democrat districts and it was close to $1 million. This was not what America needed and it led to the Tea Party.

Far-left Wikipedia has this to say about the Stimulus:

Note that in his infinite wisdom, NYT economist Paul Krugman is credited with arguing that “the stimulus was far smaller than the economic crisis warranted”. (He also said the markets would crash and burn if President Trump was elected President.)

The data shows that the 12 months after Obama’s stimulus, the US lost 4.3 million jobs:

In Obama’s first three years he netted a loss of 1.5 million jobs compared to President Trump who has added more than 6.7 million jobs.

When it comes to the economy, the billionaire schools the community organizer every time.

Tucker: Bloomberg is trying to buy the election

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service