Gun Toting Tea Party mom wins $1.12M for false prosecution

A Long Island mother of three arrested for taking pictures of an Air National Guard base in the Hamptons ​– ​while ​armed to the teeth with a licensed assault rifle in her car — has been awarded ​$1.12 million​ by a federal jury over her false prosecution by Suffolk County authorities.

​The Central Islip ​jury ​on Thursday sided with Nancy Genovese, 58, in a 2010 lawsuit she filed against Suffolk County​, its​ Sheriff’s Office and other parties, ​claiming she was ​only ​arrested during the July 2009 incident because she belonged to the Tea Party.

Genovese was arrested while taking pictures of a decorative helicopter in front of the Gabreski Airport Air National Guard base in Westhampton Beach for a “Support Our Troops” website. She was charged with criminal trespass and spent four days in jail before the charges were dropped.

Southhampton cops searched her and found a legally owned rifle that she was transporting from a nearby rifle range. She contends a deputy sheriff arrived on the scene later and said to her, “I bet you are one of those Tea Party people.” When Genovese said she’s gone to Tea Party rallies, he allegedly said, “You’re a real right-winger, aren’t you?” and “You are a ‘Teabagger’” and then added that she’d be arrested for terrorism to make an example of other “right wingers.”

“Ms. Genovese was subjected to a level of abuse because [authorities] did not share the same political views as she did and saw this as an excuse to deny her even the most basic civil rights,” her lawyer Frederick Brewington said.​​

read more:

http://nypost.com/2014/12/12/tea-party-mom-wins-1-12m-for-false-pro...

Views: 1678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you're correct then that means I can bring charges against cops with dash cams.

we the people,who are the real government.the only true constitituional law enforcement dept is the sheriffs dept.and if you think the police are here to protect you think again.and google the name joe lozito and see for yourselfs,what happened to joe on a new york city subway while he was going to work one day.and all of a sudden joe is in a fight for his life against a butcher knife wielding thug with 2 ny city police officer not 25 ft away from this,watching it in a conductors car thru the window,and only came out after joe had the guy on the floor and disarmed.only then did they come out and say to joe o.k. will take it from here.now joe was bleeding from multiple stab wounds.anyway joe went to court and sued the ny police dept for failing to protect him,and do you know what the ny city police dept lawyer told joe and i quote {that the cops have no constitituional duty to protect people}.then what the hell do we need and pay them for.go ahead google the name and see how you would feel knowing your not being protected by the police.and they were no more then 25 ft away and watching this life and death struggle.god bless all legal american veterans/citizens

Good for her...keep up the good work. I agree..keep suing them.

It's already turning around. We fight back and they can never win. Never let up the fight to cancel out the Left ruling self centered scumbag ruling class club. They need to be sucked (democrats) dead dry. Raped of all their possesions and redistrubed back to US citizens. To start w/all known radical lying leftist professors should be waterboarded in order to get the record straight. Once to we have what we need to know, the truth, send them overseas to stay, best the middle east where they seem to know it all. Sorry that tax payers, even those in NY. state have to pay yet she deserved more $$$$$$$. from these nastballs. Time to thin out the pop. of the lefty's, yes, see?.

I am GLAD NY liberals had to pay! They owe America much more! Those liberals keep  the One World Order alive with that horrible building they just built! That World Trade Center was a symbol of the OWO!! It was taken down by fate! It was NOT a symbol of American Liberty!!!!    NO place in USA for OWO symbols. The ONLY symbols we need are The US Flag, Bald Eagle and The US Military symbols!!! The symbols of Freedom and the American Way!

The Obama followers that turn their backs on Liberty and the US Constitution have to be overcome! USA is NO place for Obama hatred and treason!

Any time the government is sued, the money is paid for by the taxpayer.

Most of the liberals are on welfare or have government jobs.  They never pay for anything.

It's the rest of us that pay.

The victims still need to be paid, but, the perpetrators need to go to jail as well.

I'M GLAD THIS LADY GOT JUSTICE BUT DID ANYONE THINK ? OBAMA MAYBE ASKING SHARPTON AND OTHERS TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO REPLACE OUR LAW INFORCEMENT ?? WITH OBAMA'S LAW INFORCEMENT ?? WATCH OUT PEOPLE OBAMA MAY BE HEADING MANY OF THE INJUSTICES GOING ON TO REPLACE OUR LAW INFORCEMENT!!

It doesn't make any difference, we will just have to deal with them.

I wish the names of the police officers were posted and we could then harass them, it's obvious they are left wing perverts. 

I think that is a great idea.  It should not be to hard to look up.

The problem is the cop was not acting at the behest of the organization in all probability.  I say sue the bad guy and make him pay the fine personally

Guess they "made an example of her" for other "other right-wingers", didn't they?! 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Michael RamirezPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Judicial Watch->  Emails Show Dossier-Connected Obama State Dept Officials Set ‘Face-To-Face’ Meeting On ‘Russian Matter’ Shortly Before 2016 Election

Judicial Watch and the Daily Caller News Foundation on Thursday released 84 pages of documents showing Obama’s State Department was central to pushing the ‘Trump-Russia’ hoax shortly before the 2016 election.

The email exchange between then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer, a very close associate to Christopher Steele, show them discussing a ‘face-to-face’ meeting in New York on a ‘Russian matter’ in September of 2016.

Via Judicial Watch:

Judicial Watch and The Daily Caller News Foundation today released 84 pages of documents, including a September 2016 email exchange between then-Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Special Coordinator for Libya Jonathan Winer, a close associate of dossier author Christopher Steele, discussing a “face-to-face” meeting on a “Russian matter.”

(In June 2016 Nuland permitted a meeting between Steele and the FBI’s legal attaché in Rome. Nuland told CBS News that the State Department knew about the Steele dossier by July 2016.)

According to an op-ed Winer wrote for The Washington Post in 2018, also in September 2016, “Steele and I met in Washington and discussed the information now known as the “dossier… I prepared a two-page summary and shared it with Nuland, who indicated that, like me, she felt that the secretary of state needed to be made aware of this material.”

A September 17, 2016, email exchange between Nuland and Winer – that was classified in the interest of national defense or foreign policy – discusses the political situation in Libya, but also brings up a “Russian matter:”

Sent: September 17, 2016 at 12:40:00 PM EDT
To: Nuland, Victoria J
Subject: Re: Libya Update

Would like to discuss this and a Russian matter.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:31 PM
To: Winer, Jonathan
Subject: Re. Libya Update

In ny face to face?

Sent: September 17, 2016 at 1:56:05 PM EDT
To: Nuland, Victoria J
Subject: Re: Libya Update

Yes that was [sic] be good.

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:58 PM
To: Winer, Jonathan
Subject: Re. Libya Update

Good. I’ll reach out when im there Sunday. [Redacted]

If Victoria Nuland’s name sounds familiar it’s because she has been on Judicial Watch’s radar for a long time and in many of TGP’s previous reports.

In December 2018, Judicial Watch released documents revealing that Victoria Nuland was involved in the Obama State Department’s urgent gathering of classified Russia investigation information and disseminating it to members of Congress within hours of Donald Trump taking office.

In a related lawsuit, Judicial Watch is suing the State Department communications between Ambassador Nuland and employees of Fusion GPS, as well as top ranking Department of Justice, FBI, and State Department officials.

“The Obama State Department was central to the effort to target President Trump with the Russia smear,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “These new emails further show that senior Obama State Department advanced the Russiagate hoax just before the 2016 presidential election.”

Tom Fitton   @TomFitton

BREAKING: Obama State Department was central to the effort to target President @RealDonaldTrump with the Russia smear. New emails show how senior Obama State Department advanced the Russiagate hoax just before the 2016 presidential election.

Embedded video

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service