As I have said since the Egyptian Revolution, the United States supports a set of core principles, including opposition to violence, protection of universal human rights, and reform that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people.  The United States does not support particular individuals or political parties, but we are committed to the democratic process and respect for the rule of law.  Since the current unrest in Egypt began, we have called on all parties to work together to address the legitimate grievances of the Egyptian people, in accordance with the democratic process, and without recourse to violence or the use of force. 

The United States is monitoring the very fluid situation in Egypt, and we believe that ultimately the future of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people. Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt. 

The United States continues to believe firmly that the best foundation for lasting stability in Egypt is a democratic political order with participation from all sides and all political parties —secular and religious, civilian and military. During this uncertain period, we expect the military to ensure that the rights of all Egyptian men and women are protected, including the right to peaceful assembly, due process, and free and fair trials in civilian courts.  Moreover, the goal of any political process should be a government that respects the rights of all people, majority and minority; that institutionalizes the checks and balances upon which democracy depends; and that places the interests of the people above party or faction. The voices of all those who have protested peacefully must be heard – including those who welcomed today’s developments, and those who have supported President Morsy. In the interim, I urge all sides to avoid violence and come together to ensure the lasting restoration of Egypt’s democracy. 

No transition to democracy comes without difficulty, but in the end it must stay true to the will of the people. An honest, capable and representative government is what ordinary Egyptians seek and what they deserve. The longstanding partnership between the United States and Egypt is based on shared interests and values, and we will continue to work with the Egyptian people to ensure that Egypt’s transition to democracy succeeds.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/03/statement-pre...

Views: 1241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course!  He wants that HERE, as well!

MORE THAN BEING EGOTISTICAL MADMAN HUSSEIN OBAMA is telling the anti-Morsi group to return power to his minion madman Morsi, he is looking in the mirror and thinking this can be him.  Sadam Hussein met his fate, Murbarak did, Gadafi did, Morsi did and obama will.  He is scared to death tht. the WE THE PEOPLE WILL WIN THIS WAR AGAINST HIM AND HE IS RIGHT, WE WANT PELOSI, REID, MCCAIN AND SEBILIUS GONE!

Why do you think he change the law. THAT ALL PRESIDENTS GET SECRET SERVICE FOR LIFE. ???????????

HE DOSES GIVE A HOOT FOR THE OTHER PRESIDENTS

GREAT POST AS ALWAYS.  I RECEIVED A BALLOTT TO IMPEACH HUSSEIN OBAMA, I THINK WE SHOULD ALL START SIGNING THEM, IF HAVE NOT, AND GET THIS ON A ROLL, SEE IF IT TAKES HOLD.  I AM WRITTING AND CALLING ISSA TO SEE IF IT CAN GO ANYWHERE, EVERYONE PLEASE DO THE SAME.  IT WAS FROM THE CONSERVATIVE CAUCUS IN VA AND I CK'D IT OUT A BIT, SEEMS OK.

Bombshell Obama Vetting: 1979 Newspaper Article By Valerie Jarrett Father-In-Law Reveals Start Of Muslim Purchase Of U.S. Presidency

http://patdollard.com/2012/09/obama-vetting-1979-newspaper-article-...

640x392_37451_237362

Obama Proclaims his "Hate Crime" against Americans to Foreign Dignitaries!

Obama by his own actions show us his intent. I'm not going to make the huge list of those because you already know them.

Now, according to his own words, he is accusing American citizens of being "Domestic Terrorists" to foreign dignitaries and specifically stating the government has prepared and is planning on dealing with those people!

I thought the DHS bullets were for target practice? That is what the government said!

Whoa, there Jackson! That sounds a lot like a Dictator to me! That sounds more like crimes against Americans and TOTALLY illegal to lay government arms against Americans.

Allow me to quote from AP reporter Ramona Darlington, who attended the conference asked President Obama to explain what the profile of an American domestic terrorists is?

Obama responded by saying,

Typically domestic terrorists in the U.S. are people who cling to obsolete beliefs from the time of the American Revolution.

They are conservative Christians, reactionary Republicans and conspiracy theorists many of whom belong to racist hate groups.”

“Tea Partiers commonly own guns and stock up ammunition and food in anticipation of starting another civil war to overthrow the will of the governing body who represent all of the American people.

"We are prepared for any contingency and don’t expect to see any kind of large insurrection."

Americans are capitalists who are much more interested in seeing America move forward.

"These terrorists groups are small in size and really present little danger,” the President added."

How dare he!

To attack me as a "Domestic Terrorist" while he builds an Army against my rights as a citizen?

That is not only traitorous but also meets the definitions set forth in the Articles of Impeachment!

What I might add is his speech is obviously built upon hate and should be considered as inciting and promoting a hate crime against anyone associated with the Tea party or those that disagree with him.

Obama is a: LIAR, a DICTATOR and a TRAITOR!

It's time to recall those in Congress that won't do their jobs!

Roger quotes Obama via a claimed AP reporter: “Typically domestic terrorists in the U.S. are people who cling to obsolete beliefs from the time of the American Revolution."

Before getting too exercised over these outrageous statements I recommend reading the following:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/07/05/obama...

In short this story about Obama has the look of a fabrication. He has done plenty of destructive stuff, said any number of truly terrible things, there are plenty of real 'high crimes and misdemeanors' to worry about; let's wait to see a more reliable report before foaming at the mouth over this one.

Roger,

"...civil war to overthrow the will of the governing body who represent all of the American people."

Indeed...   When was the last time ANYONE in that 'governing body' represented ANYONE YOU KNOW?  Or YOU? 

A crazy guy managed to kill many children recently.  Another crazy guy managed to shoot up an Arizona Senator awhile back.  How about finding these people and re-directing their destructive tendancies toward someone who DESERVES to be shot at?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service