By Martin Fisher, CAN News Correspondent.  The Southern Poverty Law Center has once again come under fire, along “Amazon Smile,” for its anti-Christian targeting, this time by a prominent Christian legal scholar whose organization he said was slandered.

Mike Farris of the Alliance Defending Freedom joins other Christian organization leaders who are calling out the SPLC as a far-left partisan group that uses slander against organizations they disagree with.

Of particular concern to Farris is the “Amazon Smiles” charity program that dropped the ADF from their list of beneficiaries. The program allows Amazon shoppers to share 0.5-percent of qualified purchases to listed organizations.

Amazon based its rejection of the Christian legal group on information obtained through the SPLC “hate map,” which claims to locate proven hate groups across America.

The ADF is not the first to be booted from the Amazon Smiles program based on the SPLC "hate map."

The SPLC is currently being sued by the D. James Kennedy Ministries, which suffered a similar fate after it was dropped from the “Amazon Smiles” program.

The "hate map" was also the cause of a violent act in 2012, when Floyd Corkins shot a security guard at the headquarters of the Family Research Council after finding their name on the SPLC "hate map." Corkins was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

In a May 3 letter obtained by Christian Action Network, Farris noted, “Although the SPLC did good work many years ago, it has devolved into a far-left propaganda machine that slanders organizations with which it disagrees and destroys the possibility of civil discourse in the process.”

“Once the SPLC identifies an ideological opponent, its goal is to ruin them,” Farris added.

Christian Action Network President Martin Mawyer agreed with Farris’ assessment, saying, “It absolutely is slander. It is a political attack strategy using a so-called 'hate map' that is disguised as a non-partisan, unbiased community service to locate dangerous hate groups.”

Mawyer added that with many organizations of outstanding Christian testimony on that list because of a bold stand for Biblical truth, there is a silver lining to the fact that CAN is also in the same SPLC cross-hairs as DJK Ministries, the FRC and the ADF.

“It is important to remember that they are intentionally distorting information in order to slander all of God’s people who are boldly standing for Biblical truth,” Mawyer added.

Farris quoted SPLC Senior Fellow Mark Potoki as saying, “Sometimes the press will describe us as monitoring hate crimes . . . I want to say plainly that our aim in life is to destroy these groups, to completely destroy them.”

https://www.christianaction.org/blog_management/our-views/splc-hate...

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Southern Poverty Law Center is Anti-Christian and Jewish People / Anti-Israel-Yisrael / Anti-Zionism / Antisemitism / Anti-USA Capitalism and Constitution!! And, they're all muslim brotherhood members and Sympathizers!!

Please Pray for Israel-Yisrael / Christian Nation United States of America, and our Christian Earth Everyday “Pray Without Ceasing.” ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV )!!

Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ) Everyone, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann

Good morning Kristi,

I can understand more of the why Steve asked me to help, as a MOD. I would under one condition, I would help this site and this is how it will be. I would be a Administrator, directly under Steve and Dee, no others would have any say so of what I do.

The use of the D word you keep editing, under Christian Faith, is not violating any TPCC Rules at all. You see Steve had to know I am not Jewish, so why would he ask a bimbo blond like me to help? Its because there are hundreds of Christians here at this site, they do not post blogs because some with their Jewish values do what is being done to the point they do not even post a comment any more.

Dee is correct, this site is dying, and I can understand why Dee feels that way &, not so long ago, she stated we were shi*ing up this site. Ok fine, I am not Jewish, I do not hold the same perspectives in Faith, Christian Values and Jewish Faith does not work out so well in the same Church, Two different people, Sorry but this is true. So, fact the D word used in a Christian Formatted forum does not violate TPCC Rules. I will contact Steve over this issue.

And by the way I did let Steve know dad would make a very good site Administrator.

I will reply to you tomorrow!! I am going to bed now!! God Bless all my Sisters and Brothers in Christ Jesus-Yeshua and Your Families and Friends!!

Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ), YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann

You are correct Mrs. Morgan, you did not violate any rules as long as it is withing Religion.

The Talmud has several writings, it is clearly stated within "Talmud- The Damned" research this.

Thank you Tom,

I did ask Steve who is the boss here, about this, so, thank you.

LOL Tif

That is sweet Kristi Ann, nice real nice, I myself i am dying in anticipation of the reply.
LOL Hank...:)-

The Press is part and parcel, joined at the hip, with the SPLC... The SPLC has morphed into a HATE GROUP on its own accord... hating anything American, Capitalist, or Christian.  Stop shopping with Amazon and use other online services that do not engage in political activism... Amazon is rapidly becoming an agent of extreme left-wing politics. 

Yes, Mr. Nelson,

This is a hate group, and as you well know it is Government Funded.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Senators Took Money From Iran Lobby Before
Vote On Obama’s Nuke Deal — Iran Threatens
To Out Bribed Officials

Last week President Trump withdrew from the sham Iranian nuclear deal. President Trump knew the deal with the Iranian mullahs was not working. This was despite former Secretary of State John Kerry working against the Trump administration to salvage the weak deal with the Iranian regime.

Of course, the Iranian regime is very upset with President Trump’s decision.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari reportedly warned Western officials last week that if they do not put pressure on the Trump administration the Iranian regime will leak the names of all Western officials who were bribed to pass the weak deal.

Raman Ghavami@Raman_Ghavami. H.J.Ansari Zarif’s senior advisor: “If Europeans stop trading with Iran and don’t put pressure on US then we will reveal which western politicians and how much money they had received during nuclear negotiations to make happen.”

That would be interesting.

So who are these bribed officials?

Daniel Greenfield at FrontPage.com reported in 2015 on the Democrat senators who took money from the Iran US lobby before their vote to support the deal.

Senator Markey has announced his support for the Iran deal that will let the terrorist regime inspect its own Parchin nuclear weapons research site, conduct uranium enrichment, build advanced centrifuges, buy ballistic missiles, fund terrorism and have a near zero breakout time to a nuclear bomb.

There was no surprise there.

Markey had topped the list of candidates supported by the Iran Lobby. And the Iranian American Political Action Committee (IAPAC) had maxed out its contributions to his campaign.

After more fake suspense, Al Franken, another IAPAC backed politician who also benefited from Iran Lobby money, came out for the nuke sellout.

Senator Jeanne Shaheen, the Iran Lobby’s third Dem senator, didn’t bother playing coy like her colleagues. She came out for the deal a while back even though she only got half the IAPAC cash that Franken and Markey received.

As did Senator Gillibrand, who had benefited from IAPAC money back when she first ran for senator and whose position on the deal should have come as no surprise.

The Iran Lobby had even tried, and failed, to turn Arizona Republican Jeff Flake. Iran Lobby cash had made the White House count on him as the Republican who would flip, but Flake came out against the deal. The Iran Lobby invested a good deal of time and money into Schumer, but that effort also failed.

Still these donations were only the tip of the Iran Lobby iceberg.

Gillibrand had also picked up money from the Iran Lobby’s Hassan Nemazee. Namazee was Hillary’s national campaign finance director who had raised a fortune for both her and Kerry before pleading guilty to a fraud scheme encompassing hundreds of millions of dollars. Nemazee had been an IAPAC trustee and had helped set up the organization.

Bill Clinton had nominated Hassan Nemazee as the US ambassador to Argentina when he had only been a citizen for two years.

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service