Spanish-Speaking Clerks for Obamacare Made Double Compared to English Speakers

Employees working for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services made, on average, twice as much handling non-English Obamacare inquiries compared to clerks speaking English, according to documents obtained by ProEnglish.

The Freedom of Information Act request was secured by ProEnglish, a self-proclaimed advocate for the English language as “America’s common, unifying language” and adoption of English as “the official language at all levels of government.”

The documents obtained showed “English-speaking clerks only earned $12 per hour while translators are paid $22.75 per hour plus a monthly deferential of $643.”

Along with the pay disparity, documents highlighted nearly 12 percent of the awarded contract of $90 million went specifically to the “Spanish-language aspect of phone-enrollment assistance” as well as a separate contract of $1.4 million aimed at “securing the endorsement of a Spanish-speaking celebrity to promote Obamacare.”

read more:

http://freebeacon.com/politics/spanish-speaking-clerks-for-obamacar...

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never in our history has the USA been what you think. Sadly, I'm old enough to remember neighborhoods where families of several generations could only speak Italian, Czech, Yiddish, Chinese, and other foreign languages. So while our dear leader hasn't helped the matter, he's not the cause blame for the problem.

The problems with Progressivism started long before Mr. (intentional) Obama. We should look back to the Progressive era of Wilson around the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Good luck with that.

como se yama usted ? sign me up for $22.75 an hour. you only need to use 1 sentence over and over.

Would that be Sgt. Schultz's Spanish version "No sé nada?" ;-)

This is the USA.  Spanish is not our official language.  No person should be discriminated against because

they only speak the language that is the official language of the country when they should be serving

those who are citizens and not illegal aliens for health care.  How many languages is one supposed to

speak when working for ACA jobs. 

It never hurts to be able to speak several languages and to be paid a LITTLE extra for the skill. But I'm with you in thinking the official language of the country should be English.

However, I often tell people the way things are going, in the Eastern US one should buy a prayer rug and learn the direction to Mecca, and in the Western US learn Spanish so as to understand, "Por La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada."

I have been commenting for almost a year about how Illegal Aliens and Hispanics are shown preferential treatment in hiring practices of SW KS Employers -- all because the percentage of Illegal non-English speaking residents in that area is so high.

It is getting more difficult to find a job where the employers do NOT require the job candidate to speak both English AND SPANISH.  And this is America. 

Certain areas of America are beginning to resemble foreign countries rather than the good old US.  Where Muslim populations are high, in the Northern US states, will also resemble very, very foreign ways of life to freedom loving Americans --- when the Muslims demand that their customs, culture and way of life is respected OVER AND ABOVE American citizen's freedoms.  And Obama's Administration is pushing vehemently to get more Muslims into the US --- legally or ILLEGALLY.

Obama is the worst sort of TRAITOR, and should be apprehended, tried, judged, and punished as such.

A couple of decades ago I took my wife to NYC looking for a medical school she wanted to attend. In Jamaica Queens NYC while trying to get directions it was about impossible to find someone with a working ability in speaking English. And most of the languages spoken weren't Spanish. ;-(

This is total BS.  I am so posting this.

This man and his administration are duplicate of the crap first derived out of CA - it's the exact same handbook - (seriously).  They've copied Moonbeam almost verbatim.  

where is the precious eeoc when you need them

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service