Soldier avoids saluting Flag, posts selfie hiding in car..

Feb. 25, 2014 - 03:32PM   |  
Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey is facing criticism online for this selfie, which shows her flagrantly avoiding issuing a salute to the American flag. (Instagram photo)
Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey posted a video on Tuesday expressing some regret over the controversy her selfie has caused.
Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey posted a video on Tuesday expressing some regret over the controversy her selfie has caused. (Instagram photo)

A soldier who hid in her car to avoid saluting the flag — and then flaunted it on Instagram — is the latest service member to come under attack via social media and be accused of dishonoring her service.

Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey, whose Instagram handle is “sheffeynation,” posted a selfie with a caption that reads:

“This is me laying back in my car hiding so I don’t have to salute the 1700 flag, KEEP ALL YOUR ‘THATS SO DISRESPECTFUL/HOWRUDE/ETC.’ COMMENTS TO YOURSELF cuz, right now, IDGAFFFF.”

The image was distributed via Facebook and also sent to Army Times. Angry service members, Gold Star mothers and spouses have called for the soldier’s removal from service.

“Any soldier who refuses to salute the flag is in the military for the wrong reason, and should be removed by dishonorable discharge with loss of all benefits,” one Facebook commenter said. “If they won’t salute it, they damn sure won’t fight for it.”

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140225/NEWS/302250023/Soldier-fl...

Views: 2120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forget her! She is snake s#it! We have to focus on the important things! The more focused on her the more she likes it!

Fat nasty turd. Typical punk kid. Just read her comments on the Army Times link. She sounds like a moron. I would not even be able to hold a conversation with someone like her. The douche bag, contemporary jargon she uses, coupled with that annoying use of the word "like." She's an idiot. That is the result of a nation of jerks asleep at the wheel...believing every piece of bile that gets spewed out of Jay Carney's mouth. She probably doesn't even know who the Secretary of State is, but I'm sure she knows the bio of every retard on the tv show Jersey Shore. What do you really expect? This is all you can expect out of today's youth.

Welcome to Obama's New World Order army.

She needs to be removed from the service with the loss of ALL benefits. I very much agree with Patricia Eden. 

Court martial that stupid witch, and jail her!

Well, what can I say about that young lady.  She not only disgraced her uniform but spat on every military man and woman who has died for that flag to be still waving.  Why did she join the service in the first place if she isn't proud of her country, her fellow solders, and for the lives that have been lost to defend it.  Some times I believe that when any military personnel that does this should not be drummed out, but be put in the front line of battle and pray to God that someone has their back.

She joined for the free education and it seems she has received it ! 

Military will pay her to get an education.

Good morning Johnny 

Walter, I strongly suspect that it was only for the perks she knew she would receive. She should have all of it taken away and be punished by being pilloried; maybe that would fix her attitude.

I agree 100% and then send her to the front lines.

Come on Sisters-in-Arms, you all have to take care of business.

Blanket, one

Bar of Soap, one

PT sock, one

Ready, exercise. 

Repeat steps until soldier is a "go" at this station.

Muslims are all filth , so what difference does it make ?  THERE ARE NO HUMAN BEINGS THAT ARE GOOD MUSLIMS , IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BE BOTH BECAUSE ALL MUSLIMS ARE SUB-HUMAN UNCIVILIZED BARBARIANS . PERIOD !!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service