Philly Cop Ambushed, Shot ‘in Name of Islam’

Authorities say a Philadelphia police officer is recovering after he was shot several times during an ambush late Thursday night in West Philadelphia.

Philadelphia police commissioner Richard Ross says the officer was sitting in his patrol car around 11:30 p.m. at 60th and Spruce Streets when a gunman fired 13 shots through the driver’s side of the car.

Police are calling it an “attempted assassination.”

In a press conference, Commissioner Ross said the gun used in the attack was a stolen police firearm.

(credit: Real Time Crime Police Camera)
Photo released of suspect aiming at officer at point blank range. (credit: Real Time Crime Police Camera from police sources)

The officer, 33-year-old Jesse Hartnett, was struck three times in his arm, authorities say.

“Shots fired! I’m shot! I’m bleeding heavily!” Hartnett can be heard yelling on police radio.

Commissioner Ross says the suspect has given a full confession, saying he did it in the name of Islam.

Sources say the suspect’s full confession of the alleged attack was written down and recorded on video.

Police sources identify the suspect as Edward Archer, of Yeadon.

“When you look at the video, this is one of the scariest things I’ve ever seen,” Commissioner Ross said. “This guy tried to execute the police officer. The police officer had no idea he was coming. It’s amazing he’s alive.”

Hartnett was taken to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center where he underwent surgery for a broken arm. Ross says the officer’s arm suffered significant damage and that he has a long road to recovery, but he is expected to be okay.

His father, Robert Hartnett says, “It’s going to be a tough road, but he’s a tough guy… I told him I love him, and I’m proud of him and he is an excellent person.”

Hartnett returned fire and struck the 30-year-old suspect at least three times. The suspect tried to escape on foot, authorities say, but was quickly caught and taken to the hospital.

Sources say the wounded officer told investigators that Archer walked up to the car, appeared to be about to ask for directions when he pulled a 9 mm and opened up with 13 shots.  The officer was hit then fired back and the suspect was also wounded, but he does not have life-threatening injuries.

DA Seth Williams says “I’m very thankful the officer is alive. This shows us the need for smarter laws when it relates to guns on the street. My office is going to do all that we can to ensure the defendant is held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf released the following statement: ‘We are thankful that Officer Hartnett is alive and not facing life-threatening injuries after being ambushed. We wish him and his family the best during his recovery. This alleged intentional act of violence against an officer seeking to help a fellow citizen is horrifying and has no place in Pennsylvania.’

Hartnett is an 18th district officer with five years on the force. The FBI is now assisting in the investigation.

Source - http://www.teaparty.org/philadelphia-policeman-shot-execution-style...

Views: 1411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with what Patricia Eden wrote and therefore I need not repeat it. There is a huge problem with the Muslim community in the U.S. and they are not peace loving people as long as they practice their 'Sharia Law and Islamic beliefs'  There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim Islamist, and as long as they have a Mosque to run to, make plans to terrorize, destroy, and kill, there is no law to allow them guns. They are a false religious bunch of barbarians and actually should all go back to their home town and get the hell out of our country.

You have my vote!

The police should be armed with .44 mag caliber auto mags with hollow points. That should stop any muslims from attacking them. But it won't. The  idiot in Washington won't allow it because it might hurt one of his kind.

Maybe the cops don't need the hollow points because obozo bought tens of thousand of 40 cal S&W hollow points for the post office, EPA, etc and other "gubberman" agencies.

muslims should not have guns period that will [rpduce mpre terroristys and all muslims shou;d be dead anyway possible

obama included

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service