SAN BRUNO, Calif. — A woman opened fire with a handgun at YouTube’s headquarters in California on Tuesday afternoon, shooting three people — one of whom was critically injured — before killing herself, the authorities said.

The San Bruno Police Department identified the attacker late Tuesday as Nasim Najafi Aghdam, who was in her late 30s. The motivation for the shootings was under investigation, the police said, although her social media postings included criticisms of YouTube.

Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital received three patients: a man, 36, in critical condition; a woman, 32, in serious condition; and a woman, 27, in fair condition, a hospital spokesman, Brent Andrew, said at a news conference. A fourth person had injuries that weren’t from a gunshot, the police said.

“At this time there is no evidence that the shooter knew the victims of this shooting or that individuals were specifically targeted,” the San Bruno Police Department said in a written statement.

Word of the attack in San Bruno at YouTube, which is owned by Google and is one of the world’s largest social media companies, quickly spread online through employees’ social media feeds.

Vadim Lavrusik, a YouTube employee who formerly worked for The New York Times, tweeted just before 1 p.m. that there was an “active shooter at YouTube HQ” and that he had “heard shots and saw people running while at my desk.” He was barricaded in a room with co-workers, he said, but moments later tweeted that he had been safely evacuated.

The last known address for Ms. Aghdam was in Menifee, a city in Southern California about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego.

Ms. Aghdam was active on various social media outlets, including YouTube, where she had a number of channels in Persian, Turkish and English. On YouTube, she published an eclectic set of videos, including music parodies and workouts, on topics like animal cruelty and vegan cooking.

In February 2017, she recorded a video on Facebook criticizing YouTube for taking measures that decreased the number of views on her videos.

She said that she had contacted YouTube, but that the site’s support staff told her that her workout videos contained inappropriate scenes and needed to be restricted from younger audiences.

“This is what they are doing to vegan activists and many other people who try to promote healthy, humane and smart living — people like me are not good for big business, like for animal business, medicine business and for many other businesses. That’s why they are discriminating and censoring us,” she said in the video on Facebook.

YouTube had pulled down all of her channels as of Tuesday night.

A 2009 story by The San Diego Union-Tribune quoted a woman with the same name as Ms. Aghdam at an animal rights protest outside Camp Pendleton, the Marine Corps base in Southern California. Two dozen attended the protest organized by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals against the use of pigs in military trauma training.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/03/technology/youtube-shooting-susp...

Police Identify Woman Who Wounded 3 at YouTube and Killed Herself; Motive Is Unclear:

Top Stories:https://www.google.com/search?q=Shooting+At+YouTube&ie=utf-8&am...

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

She actually had a legitimate beef. Since it was aimed at the 1st and 2nd Amendment crushing creeps employed at You-Tube, maybe she should have brought a bigger gun.

It is amazing how this vegan and animal rights officianato developed a sense of outrage that manifested itself in such an unhealthy way. 

This is especially interesting as she chose to use firearms to voice her objections!  I wonder what she may have done if she had access to bomb-making materials and a little technical help from Youtube?

By the way...  Can Vegans have a legitimate 'BEEF'... or do they find themselves in a 'Pickel' instead? 

What's amazing is the fact that you WON'T hear much from the corrupt media. Why? You see this irate individual does NOT fit their 'remove the big bad guns' from law abiding citizens. The shooter was a female, uh-oh, she wasn't a Conservative or Trump supporter. She wasn't an NRA member, she wasn't a Christian. She wasn't an army vet either. She was simply a person that was totally fed up with the ongoing You-Tube censorship. It's that simple. For the left, this incident does NOT fit the Left's dangerous narrative. All it does, is just help to blow up their transparent gun grab hypocrisy.

She should have brought a freaking bazooka to their headquarters. She would have given them something they really deserve!

She was a native Iranian... The weapon she used was registered properly and purchased legally.  There are claims that she was of the Baihi faith, although that would be extremely unlikely, as Iran is nearly all Muslim... any other form of Religion is outlawed.

Could there be a Muslim connection... we will probably never know... just like Los Vegas, there are a lot of unanswered questions? If she were a Christian we would know it and had she purchased the gun she used illegally we would also here about it.  Since she was Mid-Eastern, purchased the gun legally, and was a Leftist Activist... much about her life is being left out.

and she was iranian that makes it a non starter.   unless as u said she was a christian; nra member trump supporter they do not care and will do all to remove it.   BTW where is any story abt the vegas shooter except on Tucker Carlson

 YouTube, once before did the same thing, then they censored Anonymous Activist, but they did not know who they were messing with, so they Hacked YouTube, just to show them it could be done.

Youtube is set back a bit over this, they see a bashing coming their way, and even though no one replied to Hank, he is right, Google and YouTube is just a website, and if ya push people around they will fight back but in this case it turned out bad.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

GOP Activist Investigating Hillary Clinton’s Lost Emails
Found Dead — Apparent Suicide By Black Plastic Bag Republican activist Peter Smith was found dead in his hotel room in May 2017 in Rochester, Minnesota.

The hotel staff found Smith with a black plastic bag on his head. He was trying to obtain Hillary Clinton’s lost emails.

UPDATE: Mueller and Congressional investigators have interviewed Smith’s acquaintances several times. Our sources say there is much more to this story.

The Wall Street Journal reported:

Peter W. Smith, a Republican political activist and financier from Chicago who mounted an effort to obtain former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails from Russian hackers, died on May 14 after asphyxiating himself in a hotel room in Rochester, Minn., according to local authorities. He was 81 years old.

Mr. Smith’s body was found by a hotel clerk in the Aspen Suites hotel, located across the street from the Mayo Clinic, according to a Rochester Police Department report. An associate of Mr. Smith said that he had recently visited the clinic. A representative for the facility wouldn’t confirm if Mr. Smith was a patient.

Mr. Smith died about 10 days after an interview with The Wall Street Journal in which he recounted his attempts to acquire what he believed were thousands of emails stolen from Mrs. Clinton’s private email server. He implied that Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, then serving as the senior national security adviser to presidential candidate Donald Trump, was aware of his efforts…

…The police report said Mr. Smith was found by a hotel clerk with a plastic bag around his head attached tightly with black rubber bands. Mr. Smith “left documentation on why he committed suicide, medical records, his written obituary, and life insurance” on a table in his room, the report said.

OMG

Massachusetts Man Arrested After Trying To Hire
A Hit Man On Twitter To Kill ICE Agents For $500

A 33-year-old lefty from Cambridge, Massachusetts named Brandon Ziobrowski was arrested Thursday after offering anyone on Twitter $500 to kill ICE agents.

Ziobrowski also expressed his desire to slit John McCain’s throat in several tweets.

FOX News reported:

A Massachusetts man was arrested in New York on Thursday after trying to hire a hit man on Twitter to kill ICE agents for $500 and sharing his desire to slit the throat of Sen. John McCain, federal officials said.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts said that Brandon Ziobrowski, 33, from Cambridge, Mass. was charged with one count of use of interstate and foreign commerce to transmit a threat and injure another person for the alleged Twitter posts this year.

Federal officials said Ziobrowski tweeted a murder for hire solicitation to kill Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents for $500, and repeatedly tweeted his desire to slit the throat of McCain, R-Ariz.

“The agents and officers out there enforcing federal laws are doing their job, plain and simple,” U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling said at a news conference. “There is a difference between public debate and putting others in fear of their lives.”

Federal officials said Ziobrowski in March started tweeting threatening messages against federal agents that work for ICE.

On July 2, the 33-year-old allegedly tweeted: “I am broke but will scrounge and literally give $500 to anyone who kills ICE agent. @me seriously who else can pledge get in on this lets make this work.”

The Justice Department released a statement on the arrest of Ziobrowski:

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service