SENATE/HOUSE INTELLIGENCE KEPT IN DARK ON PETRAEUS INVESTIGATION

Even though there are laws requiring investigators to inform Senate/House Intelligence committees when senior members of the Executive branch are under surveillance, it appears those laws were not followed in the development of the case against CIA Director David Petraeus.

These statues came into play after Watergate, and were designed to keep intelligence committee members abreast of whom they could and couldn't call upon for needed testimony at certain times. 

The fact that these rules weren't followed explains why the Senate/House intelligence committees were so taken aback to find that suddenly, the key figure for the Nov 15 Benghazi hearings, will not even be there. 

Because of this breakdown in following the law, investigators did not keep lawmakers apprised of the growing investigation of Petraeus. And even though the investigation into Paula Broadwell, which eventually caught Petraeus, lasted for months, it was not portrayed to Congressional officials until about six hours before the CIA announced it. 

read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/11/10/Senate-House-Intellig...

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You've got to have teeth to any law or there is no use of having the law. We are finding that out this past election and with four years of lawlessness in the White House. If we had prosecutors and investigators many in our government and others would be looking through bars.

In order for this constitutional republic to remain free US Constitutional must be enforced . The fraud and usurper going by the name of barack hussein obama using a stolen social security number , forged birth certificate and forged selective service registration card to prove he is a legal sitting US President must be remove from office under Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 of the US Constitution . We The People demand the US congress honor their oath to the US Constitution to protect and defend that constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic . We The People have a foreign born US President which goes against US Constitutional law .

Unbeliveable.    That this and other Horendous acts perpetrated by the O'vomit DICTATORSHIP be allowed to go on he must be Impeached and  TRIED for TREASON along with All the members of his cabinnet !!!!

Some of our elected Officials have to gro some cojones and put teeth to these laws O'vomit  MUST go or we are facing becoming {if we are not already } another Communist State !!!!

Was this information used all along to keep Petraeus in line?  Did Petraeus resign in disgust after the murder of Ambassador Stevens and the three courageous Seals?  Was he threatened with Court Martial or some other inappropriate penalty if he didn't blame it on his extra marital affair, one which he himself broke off.

Red herring after red herring after red herring... so many distractions from the ROOT OF THE PROBLEM - Mr. Obama's probable status as a foreign agent, his ineligibility to vote let alone run for office, his traducement of the Laws of the United States of America, the Rules of Congress, his Abuse of the Oval Office, and his vile intentions for the destruction of the United States of America.

The Constitution is only as good as the goverment that supports it. To this white house it is just another bump in the road.

Should change the name to "Ignorant Committee". How stupid can they be?

Our government is TOO BIG! It's possible for the integrity of our system of security to be compromised by a love affair?

Does anyone here REALLY think that the NSA, CIA, FBI, Secret Service, et al, don't know everything they want and need to know about ALL the people working in an area of National SECURITY? Include all politicians and judges in that security blanket as well.

If an "affair" comes to the attention of the public (becomes a news story) it's because there was a political NEED for the story to be on the front page.

Notice how the liberal progressive democrat media has taken the story and absolutely RUN with it. The Petraeus story is of course a diversion and smoke screen provided for Obama and his administration to avoid charges of incompetence and worse yet participation in yet another gun running operation resulting in the lives of 4 Americans including 1 ambassador.

He watched them DIE . . . . . . then he LIED!

No surprise here-given the dogs Obama has in this race. This scandal hasn't gone well for Obama and he's in the position now of counting on the people to either not understand what's going on, or to not care if the administration continues to lie about virtually everything.

WHY WOULD ANYONE INFORM THE SENATE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE WHEN THEY BOTH LEAK LIKE SIVES?

NOT TO MENTION THAT THE OLD AND FEEBLE MINDED SENATOR FROM CALIFORNIA'S FEINSTEIN IS SUCH A LAP DOG SHE PROBABLY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING..  SO REALLY DUMB AND PARTISAN SENATORS HOLD COMMITTEE CHAIRMANSHIPS ON SUBJECTS THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.  SENATE AND HOUSE OVERSITE IS A BAD JOKE ON US.  THEY GIVE AWAY A PERSONAL FREEDOMS AND PRIVACY TO PROTECT THEIR SORRY ASSES?

THERE IS NO LAW BUT OBAMA'S LAW UNDER THIS DOJ..  HABITUAL AND PATHOLOGICAL LIARS---AMORAL--WITHOUT HONOR---PURE SELFISH POLITICS.    A GAY/BLACK/MUSLIM PRESIDENT WEARING HIS PRAISE BE TO ALLAH RING!

THE PRINCE OF PIED PIPER'S PLAYING TO AMERICA'S FOOLS AND FREELOADERS..   A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT, A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE, JUST ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU BY OBAMA AND HIS "PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS" BUT AT YOUR EXPENSE NOT THEIRS!

Kept it quiet until after the election.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

YIKES!!! Chelsea Clinton Emphatically States A Person With A Beard And A Penis Can ‘Absolutely’ Identify As A Woman

• The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification
  • In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons about transgender self-identification
  • Chelsea Clinton replied ‘yes’ emphatically when asked if someone with a beard and penis can ever be a woman
  • ‘It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently,’ Hillary said
  • Aitkenhead said Hillary became ‘uneasy’ when the question was asked while Chelsea shot a ‘furious stare’ at the journalist as her mother answered
  • Hillary added: ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw’

(Daily Mail) – It may appear Hillary and Chelsea Clinton always see eye-to-eye, but in a recent interview one topic cracked the facade of the like-minded mother-daughter power duo.

The one issue Hillary and Chelsea don’t appear to agree on entirely is transgender self-identification.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, journalist Decca Aitkenhead asked the Clintons if someone with a beard and a penis can ever be a woman, to which Chelsea replied emphatically, ‘Yes.’

However, as Aitkenhead describes it, Hillary looked ‘uneasy’, and blamed generational gaps for being less accepting.

‘Errr. I’m just learning about this,’ Hillary responded. ‘It’s a very big generational discussion, because this is not something I grew up with or ever saw. It’s going to take a lot more time and effort to understand what it means to be defining yourself differently.’

The Clintons sat sown with Aitkenhead to promote the book they co-authored, The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.

The book features Danica Roem, the first trans woman elected to a U.S. state legislature.

According Aitkenhead’s account, she tells Hillary during the interview that many British feminists of Hillary’s generation have a problem with the idea that a ‘lesbian who doesn’t want to sleep with someone who has a penis is transphobic.’

Hillary nods in agreement, while Chelsea ‘stiffens and stares at me’, according to Aitkenhead.

The journalist then adds that many women of Hillary’s generation are uncomfortable with biological males sharing women’s bathrooms.

‘I would say that, absolutely,’ Hillary nods firmly. ‘Absolutely. Yes.’

That’s when Chelsea begins shooting a ‘furious stare’ at Aitkenhead, who points it out to her.

‘I’m a terrible actor’, Chelsea laughs.

Chelsea then says she is thrilled with the National Health Service’s decision to assign patients to single-sex wards according to the gender they identify as, instead of their biological make up.

‘How can you treat someone if you don’t recognize who they feel and know in their core they are?’ Chelsea says.

‘And I strongly support children being able to play on the sports teams that match their own gender identity,’ she adds. ‘I think we need to be doing everything we can to support kids in being whoever they know themselves to be and discovering who they are.’

At this point Hillary looks conflicted.

‘I think you’ve got to be sensitive to how difficult this is,’ Hillary says. ‘There are women who’d say [to a trans woman], ”You know what, you’ve never had the kind of life experiences that I’ve had. So I respect who you are, but don’t tell me you’re the same as me.” I hear that conversation all the time.’

Despite the clear tension in the room, the pair say they don’t argue about this topic.

But according to Aitkenhead, ‘I get the impression they don’t like to present anything less than a united front to the world.’

BONUS VIDEO

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service