Senate Dem: Raul Castro Has 'More Blood on His Hands' Than Fidel

Surrounded by members of the Union of Cuban Ex-Political Prisoners, Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) warned that Cuban President Raul Castro is not the softer Castro brother that some make him out to be but has "more blood on his hands" than Fidel.

Menendez spoke Saturday in Union City, N.J., in front of walls filled with framed photos of people detained, tortured and killed by the Castro regime.

The senator said the images "remind us of what Fidel Castro's legacy is truly all about."

Menendez said he woke up to hundreds of emails from friends and Castro opponents expressing joy at the death of Castro, 90, "and I understand what they meant -- but today I find no real joy."

"Too many families have been torn apart, too many killed and imprisoned, too many tortured, too many hungry, a nation destroyed and millions enslaved. And a Castro still rules 11 million Cubans with an iron fist," he said.

read more: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2016/11/27/senate-dem-raul-ca...

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CIA could remedy this situation real fast

Really?  Do a search for CIA failures to assassinate castro - there were a lot of them and they all failed.

Michael,
This was once true but then there was a Bill Clinton who put a stop to federal killings even for the betterment of people in evil run country's. It was Bill Clinton who put a stop to our government agency's from giving information to other agency's in our country setting us up for a attack on the twin towers. Inside job or not info couldn't be shared. Thanks to Bill Clinton we lost thousands of American lives on 9/11.

Looks to me this is a NATO job.  But what do I know.   I'm just some old guy sitting in Texas in my early morning shorts.  Ring the entire island with aircraft carriers, warships, submarines, fly overs en-mass, and give those bastards 5 minutes to get on a boat and leave.  This is nonsense for all the Americas to put up with some pip-squeak 5 bit dictator to continue such inhumane actions just because of some off the wall insatiable desire for power.  Hahaha.....Castro's passing could not have been soon enough.   Now there is Raul.........lets go get the bastard and be done with this once and for all.   Hahaha....then on a second thought...where is the freake'n United Nations.   They all should be arrested and jailed for aiding and abetting known criminals and killers.   Geeezee.....the entire UN thing and leftist policies are a total joke.  All smoke and mirrors folks.

Furthermore.........ok...I will get off my rant in a bit, get dressed and get on with it here.   But ever since I was just a kid, I have been seeing the United Nations sit in that tall building in New York and what the hell have they done.   We pay into that place billions and we get nothing.   So Mr. Trump.....with all your expertise in building tall buildings, and yes...demolishing them too.....use this expertise to get all personnel out and back into Europe where they probably would be more accepted anyway, then implode that building and push it into the Atlantic Ocean.   That building to me is some symbol of continued failure.   We can use the money for other more worthwhile purposes than to throw that money into some sinkhole of the UN.   Ok....off my rant now.

It's refreshing to hear a Democrat sound so realistic and unrelenting when it comes to that eyesore 90 miles off our SE shore!!  Sen. Menendez is usually a very reliable "liberal," spouting the Party line; however, in this instance, he's of Cuban descent and has genuine knowledge of and feelings for the situation of an entire nation held in the dictatorial grip of the power- and money-hungry Castro Brothers/Family (including Fidel's & Raoul's sons).  BTW, is everyone aware of the fact that the Castros have been bleeding their national treasury dry for their own rotten benefit?  I read that they are among the wealthiest men/families in the Western Hemisphere - with a combined wealth of between $3B and $7B!!  So much for helping the poor people of Cuba who are basically enslaved to that truly Evil Empire!!

Ms Joy Brower....do you remember in 1989 and the Romanian uprising that ousted Ceausescu, and his wife Elena.   They had plundered countries treasury and lived in opulence while the people starved in the streets.   Do a search on this and you will be amazed at what can happen when the people rise up and make demands.   For the Castro fiasco to have gone on as long as it has, to some degree I fault the Cuban people themselves.   The Romanian riots are what brought about the needed change and the people then took the Ceausescu's out then and machine-gunned both of them to death.   Example:    Is when the people have had enough....there will be changes made.  Sad to say however, the wonderful Cuban people are docile people and go along to get along I am afraid.    If they would en-mass rise up - sure many of them will be killed, but their children and their children will have a much better life than they have now.

Yes, Indeed, I certainly do remember the Roumanian uprising that resulted in the firing squad death of the greedy Ceaucescus!  Indeed, many years earlier (early 1970s) I traveled to Roumania and started to learn even more about that country's horrible repression.  In particular, we met Roumanian Jews who, like their Soviet brothers & sisters, were trying to emigrate to Israel and escape the repression they experienced (in spades!) in Roumania. Happily, the few Roumanians that we did meet at that time eventually were able to emigrate to Israel and some to the USA.  Now the country is relatively "free," but the economy still sucks.

Fidel was the boss for 47 years and we're supposed to believe some member of the American Totalitarian Party that the brother was worse?

Last month, Menendez blasted the Obama administration for directing a "profound shift away from our own commitment to the rule of law and the processes of democracy as we have always known them" with its Cuba concessions and "blatantly" breaking the law with Treasury amendments to ease economic relations as much as possible without Congress lifting the embargo.

President Obama said his goal was to make the Cuban outreach so entwined in the private sector that his successor would not be able to reserve it as he tries to force Congress' hand on the embargo.

Menendez said the new regulations "simply and blatantly violate both the Cuban Democracy Act of 1992 and the Cuban Liberty and the Libertad Act of 1996, which codified the embargo against Cuba, and indicate that the United States government will now actively ‘authorize contracts and violations currently prohibited by the embargo.’”

“While the administration may not like the embargo or agree with it, it remains the law of the land," he said. "At the end of the day, it is outrageous that our own government would seek to break the law and blatantly acknowledge its intent to do so.”

There are also almost 2 million Latinos in New Jersey and he wants their votes (search Latino population in new jersey), and he is one of only 3 Latinos in the Senate, Rubio and Cruz being the others. So I don't believe he is sincere - he is after all a D

Great Post Mr. John Barr..........this sort of exposure get under the left's skin really quick.   This relentless needling of the facts is what will drive them crazy.   Good job....!!!

RSS

Diamond & Silk

Tea Party
Facebook & Twitter

ALERT ALERT

Breaking: Jury Sides With Sheriff Joe
Smacks Down Establishment GOP’s Lawsuit

A jury has sided in favor of conservative icon, former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, against the lawsuit filed by Austin Flake, the son of GOP establishment Senator Jeff Flake, and Austin’s ex-wife, Logan Brown.

Flake and Brown had filed a lawsuit against the Arizona sheriff for “malicious prosecution” after over a dozen dogs died on their watch at a Gilbert dog kennel.

The jury decided Flake and Brown had failed to provide sufficient evidence to back up their accusations of malicious prosecution by Arpaio, The Associated Press reported via Tucson.com.

Flake and Brown ran the kennel while Brown’s parents were out of town in 2014, the AP reported.

The two were still in college.

Initially, Flake and Brown were charged in the incident, but the charges were dropped at the prosecution’s request. Later, Flake’s in-laws pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charges after an expert determined that the facility air conditioner failed because it was not properly maintained.

Thus, the owners of the kennel were responsible for the death of the 21 dogs, and they answered for their crimes.

Nonetheless, Flake and Brown reportedly alleged that Arpaio had charged them to gain publicity and deal damage to Senator Flake — an establishment fixture within the GOP.

The two “contended the charges caused them emotional distress, contributed to the demise of their marriage and led the senator’s son to being suspended from college for an honor-code violation,” according to The Associated Press.

Despite the jury’s decision, the U.S. District Judge Neil V. Wake will not issue a final verdict until the defense explains why it didn’t turn over documents that may have benefited the plaintiffs, according to a statement from the plaintiffs’ attorney to The Associated Press.

“The struggle to hold government officials accountable has always required a steep, perilous climb,” the plaintiffs’ attorney said in a Friday statement according to KNPX.

“Although we disagree with the jury’s verdict, we are grateful we had the opportunity to force former Sheriff Arpaio and his subordinates at Maricopa County to account for their indisputably reckless conduct. Near the end of the trial, we discovered that the County failed to turn over documents that might have helped us prove our case,” he continued.

“The Court has ordered the County to explain its failure and indicated that it will not enter a final judgment in the case until a satisfactory explanation is provided. We will access our future options in this fight when the County complies with the Court’s Order.”

Charges that didn’t pan out are an annoyance to those affected — there’s no question of that.

But to claim that those charges — which were dropped — were the reason behind a failed marriage, and that Arpaio needs to pay is completely ridiculous.

What do you think about this story? Please share this on Facebook and Twitter and let us know!

Are you glad about the jury’s decision? Scroll down to comment below!

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service