Sen. Rand Paul: Been told to ‘take it or leave it’ on Obamacare strategy

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, walks to a room on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, March 2, 2017, where he charges House Republicans are keeping their Obamacare repeal and replace legislation under lock and key and not available for public view. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)Sen. Rand Paul on Friday said conservatives are being told to “take it or leave it” when it comes to the emerging House GOP plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, setting up a major clash with leaders hoping to mark up legislation as soon as next week.

Republicans are trying to repeal and replace as much of the Affordable Care Act as they can under a fast-track budget process that allows them to avoid a Democratic filibuster.

Leaders have outlined a three-week timetable to get the legislation over to the Senate, where it must meet arcane budget rules and gather consensus among Republicans who hold a 52-seat majority.

Yet a trio of Senate conservatives — Mr. Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah — have objected to the House GOP approach, on top of centrists who are worried about unwinding Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid for the poor or defunding Planned Parenthood over its abortion practice as part of the draft plan.

read more:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/3/rand-paul-told-take-...

Views: 942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One poster said, "It is as if they want the old and infirm, the disabled and poor to pass away"....

NOT "as if".  We, the old, the infirm, the disabled, and the poor waste much of "their" (the politicians') money in the reception of the insurance benefits that we _paid_ for...yes, Social Security retirement, disability, and medical are insurance and in fact, the Social Security is actually Social Security Insurance. 

Social Security is a service for which we, willing or not, paid.  Veteran's benefits are services for which we veterans paid with our lives, our time,our courage but we paid.  We earned  those VA benefits.

Neither Social Security nor VA benefits are "entitlements", no matter what the politicians, the leftists, or the neo-liberals say but when we to whom these things are owed collect our due, it takes money from the politicians' "stash of cash" and that enrages them.

Notice that veterans' benefits are being curtailed. 

Notice that Social Security benefits are not being updated with the cost of living.

Notice that those on Medicare, part D face a _HUGE_ outlay of cash after the first segment of prescription "assistance" is completed. This second stage of Medicare Part D is the coverage gap, AKA the "donut hole" during which the Medicare participant is required to somehow defecate several thousand dollars until stage 3, "catastrophic coverage" applies then the entire process repeats beginning on the 1st day of the next calendar year.

What cruel, cunning, GREEDY politician came up with that piece of Machiavellian bovine stool? It is only another way to deny needed prescription medication to those who cannot afford it on their pittance of Social Security retirement, disability, etc.

IT won't be long before those anarchists at College campuses will be deemed TERRORISTS and they will be treated the same as Git-mo prisoners are. They will be interrogated and their leaders will be found and Obama and Hillary will be arrested--- tried----- and HUNG!

When?????

There is a big difference between being called the party of NO and being---- involved in SEDITION! The Democrat party with Obama and his creation of a shadow org behind the scenes by Fringe Left Democrats actually ANARCHISTS, to fight Trump---ITS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION THAT NEEDS INVESTIGATION---LETS FOLLOW THE MONEY! ITS criminal. There is no Anarchist party in America and its being sponsored by George Soros as an indicator of things WILL turn bad.

Hillary's creation or her Org is also lead by the same FRINGE LEFT DEMOCRAT [ANARCHISTS] ARE ALSO TRUE TERRORISM are also CRIMINAL and are BEING LEAD BY none other then CRIMINAL HILLARY.

With a new FBI DIRECTOR and AG LETS INVESTIGATE HILLARY NOW! IT WILL LEAD US TO THE LEADER OF IT ALL----B. OBAMA

OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA BEFORE THE FRINGE LEFT GETS ENTRENCHED ANY MORE THEN THEY ARE

I agree the New Directors priority must be too drain the swamp.... with emphasis on taking down those politicians and their cohorts who have openly and flagrantly broken the law: Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barrack Obama, Valarie Jarret,  Susan Rice, Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder and Lois Lerner of the IRS... would make a good start the process of Draining the Swamp.

Ra Nelson Col USA Retired:YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD   BUT it has got to begin sooner then soon.

"Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Barrack Obama, Valarie Jarret,  Susan Rice, Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder and Lois Lerner of the IRS... would make a good start the process of Draining the Swamp."

I see this as required administration work to Jail RUTHLESS law breakers.

Hillary, B. Obama, and Valarie Jarret ALL deserve to be HUNG for SUBVERSION AND TREASON.

Demonic Cretin, Obama, on public TV!

The Democrat party needs to be deemed a terrorist org. and treated that way when they mask themselves and destroy our college campuses.

I sent this email to my U.S.Senator protesting a response from him as well as how I felt.

Here is a email that your so called liberal teenage staff sent back to me which I believe is a pack of lies.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

I am working diligently to be responsive to the needs and concerns of the people of our Commonwealth and country. Please know that your views are very important to me, and I will keep them in mind.
Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.  

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator

You are a joke bobbie, you don't give the elderly any more money to live off of, but the syrians who we don't even know what their intentions are get FREE FOOD,CASH,LIVING QUARTERS, While homeless vets are dying from either lack of shelter, or medical treatment. I was told more then once by the VA that I should try to find a doctor outside the va loop. I served my country and this is what we GET   SHIT ON BY YOU LIBERAL CRUMS.    Also the illegals who some of them are bringing drugs into the country ,or their pregnant girl friends to go on welfare are being welcome while they are taking our jobs. Half of them can't even speak English when they talk to us.  Do us a favor  !  Leave President Trump along, and QUIT../....

I hope this don't get deleted.   Thank you member Tea Party

The disingenuous response of a paid professional politician isn't worth the time to read... Besides, once you have read one response, you have read them all.  Nearly every one of these miscreants begin their canned with this ICONIC BS..."Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.... and continue by saying... I am working diligently to be responsive to the needs and concerns of the people of our Commonwealth and country."  Yeah and if you believe that I have some Ocean Front property for sale in Arizona and a Bridge in New York,  I'd like to sell you.

How these miscreants continue to be reelected amazes me...  I would not be surprised to find that Voter and Election FRAD are the way they keep returning to DC.  Our electoral system is rigged and those rigging  it, so entrenched, that they no longer fear being caught... as nothing happens to correct the problem. Revolution is brewing in the basements of America.

Col......You Know this so its for all those who read this web blog that think Progressive politics is good--ITS NOT WANTED ANY MORE...HENCE 2016 Elections.

The reason why these bottom feeders in the Democrat Party get elected is because for the past 8+ years Obama and Bush were allowing the illegals to flood into America thus breaking Federal Law. These Illiterates-Illegals with no skills  are CRAMMED into every Big City in America. HILLARY WON THE POP VOTE DUE TO BIG CITY POOR AND DESTITUTE MIXICAN POPULATIONS, BUT THANK GOD WE HAVE AN ELECTORAL COLLEGE AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY! The poor masses in big Cities vote the    Demo FREE GIVE AWAY PARTY into power, due to their overwhelming numbers they get the demo's elected every single time. I don't care about a fake birth certificate that Obama produced. Obama is an illegal immigrant from Indonesia Named BERRY SOETORO! t That is why he allowed them free entry from MEXICO! He's Illegal and overstayed his student visa!

OBAMA NEVER CARED ABOUT AMERICA. ONLY POWER!

NOW.... Bush has Mexicans in his family so his response to Mexicans crossing illegally was compromised and nobody wants to look like the meanie so Bush looked the other way much of the time.This shows you his heart but if Bush was smart he would have prevented the illegals from entry and forced legal entry ONLY. Our Government does not uphold visas for work when they expire and allows the illegals to just stay her after visas are expired. This has gone on for so long that now every illiterate is allowed in and many have -O- skills except cutting grass and trimming trees so they work for the big city UNIONS and get BIG PENSIONS, they patch pavement and dig up broken water lines--manual labor... or  They turn to crime to survive they bring a Mexican Flag-- stick it in the window of their HUD house and declare it MEXICO and learn street English could not pass a written drivers ed test. You and I pay for it-----AND ITS WRONG!  

You are 100% right Col.   especially with democrats and this swine can lie with the best.  Besides casey made a speech during the dnc campaigning and casey came out acting like a child. You might of seen him. Or if you are lucky NOT SEEN HIM. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to me.  

Magna Catra, This may explain why Muslim Terrorist, are allowed to enter countries unchecked, bring death and destruction to, even Americans.

The following is an adaptation of a lecture frequently given by William Coley, Director of  Muslims for Liberty. The name of the lecture is “Islam and Liberty”. In it, he explores the historical roots of the “essential rights” (also known as the “natural rights of man”), and how they have striking similarities with maqasid al-shariah (“the intentions of Islamic law”). What follows is his interpretation of these commonalities, and how they can help Muslims rediscover their claim to these noble principles . On a practical level, one should keep in mind that modern “Muslim” governments fail to embody these commonalities. One should also keep in mind that there are historical instances of Muslim communities or governments which have not followed the guidelines of Islamic law and were instead involved in spreading corruption and oppression.

http://www.muslims4liberty.org/islam-liberty/islam-and-liberty/

We should not be getting screwed by Obamacare, which in fact, STOLE money big time from older Americans and their Medicare prices!!!!!!!  Medicaid recipients should be getting scrutinized much more than they are.

RSS

TEA PARTY CONNECT

Image result for Muslims Invade U.S. ‘In The Name of Allah’

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER

HOT TEA VIDEO

Rumblings: Top DNC and Hillary Lackeys Fear Investigation of Seth Rich

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service