Sen. Rand Paul: Been told to ‘take it or leave it’ on Obamacare strategy

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., a member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, walks to a room on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, March 2, 2017, where he charges House Republicans are keeping their Obamacare repeal and replace legislation under lock and key and not available for public view. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)Sen. Rand Paul on Friday said conservatives are being told to “take it or leave it” when it comes to the emerging House GOP plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, setting up a major clash with leaders hoping to mark up legislation as soon as next week.

Republicans are trying to repeal and replace as much of the Affordable Care Act as they can under a fast-track budget process that allows them to avoid a Democratic filibuster.

Leaders have outlined a three-week timetable to get the legislation over to the Senate, where it must meet arcane budget rules and gather consensus among Republicans who hold a 52-seat majority.

Yet a trio of Senate conservatives — Mr. Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah — have objected to the House GOP approach, on top of centrists who are worried about unwinding Obamacare’s expansion of Medicaid for the poor or defunding Planned Parenthood over its abortion practice as part of the draft plan.

read more:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/3/rand-paul-told-take-...

Views: 980

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dont want a freaking replacement.....FREE MARKET

AMEN!

How come there wasn't this much push to see what was in obamacare BEFORE it was passed?

OH NO............THEN it was "we have to pass it to see what's in it"

Image result for we have to pass it to see what's in it

Well guess what---- that was done........and what did we find???

1) It was only going to work for a few years then collapse. And it currently is collapsing.

2) That: IF YOU LIKE YOUR DOCTOR YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR???

NO , ACTUALLY YOUR---S. O. L. on that part of the beginning Obama's 8 year lie FEST.

3) Small businesses......can't afford to pay Obama care wages and obamacare together for their workers, so they get reduce staff, Lay offs people and reduce Hours to stay in line with Obama Care rules, great---THANKS OBAMA. So this prevents people from working at almost every small business in the country....NOBODY CAN LIVE ON SUCH MINIMUM WAGES AND PAY THEIR BILLS AND LIVE THE AMERICAN DREAM.

4) The poverty level has climbed with more and more people on food stamps and welfare. 94 M are out of work or near poverty because Obama and the progressive democrats have IGNORED THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE OF AMERICA.....OBAMA DID AWAY WITH THEIR JOBS and gave them OBAMA CARE YIPPPIE!

5) Obama care pays for Abortions----I DON'T CARE IF ITS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IT DOES.

THERE ARE PROBABLY A THOUSAND MORE REASONS TO APPEAL IT BUT I JUST DON"T HAVE THE TIME TO WRITE IT!

JUST GIVE US SOMETHING THAT WORKS SO THESE DEMOCRATS SHUT UP! PUT OBAMA IN PRISON FOR TREASON.

PROGRESSIVES GIVE ME AND THE REST OF AMERICA A HEADACHE AND THEIR IDEAS ARE WORTHLESS. PELOSI WITH HER FINGER UP IN THE IMAGE, LOOKS LIKE A MUSLIM CLARIC.

;' /  muslim cleric eh??   To me most of her pics look like she's casting spells, fitting for the wicked witch of the west.

Crazy whacko Nancy Pillosi!!!  DON'T FORGET:

ACA Architect: 'The Stupidity Of The American Voter' Led Us To Hide Obamacare's True Costs From The Public.  BY.  Jonathan Gruber

Because Marilyn, I believe the answer to your question is (  the democrats made it so just sign it and nothing to see)

Paul might not take kindly to that.

Dear Paul,

Related image

Lotsa' love,

Marilyn

Good one Marilyn

The House plan to repeal and replace Obamacare is as far as I know still in the draft stage, and for Senator  Rand Paul (R-KY) to be talking about it is both unsightly and unnessary  for it is not a Senate problem yet.

Senator Paul would do our country a better job of being a senator that helps to fix the problem instead of being the problem but them again when did anyone in congress ever care for The United States and We The People.  

Rand Paul is setting himself up for a run to be President in 2020.   

what's so hard about drafting;

The Affordable Care Act and all it's derivatives is hereby repealed.   ?

there, it's been drafted-- now giterdone !

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

HOT TEA VIDEO

Joe Biden Forces Little Girl to Touch His Crotch

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2017   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service