A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) partnered with Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) to pass a comprehensive immigration bill that would grant citizenship to millions of illegal aliens.

That was then – a little over a year ago. Today, in an interview with Breitbart News, the Florida Republican berated President Obama for considering unilateral amnesty, shifted cleanly against “comprehensive” reform, and said the U.S. shouldn't even debate citizenship for illegal aliens until the border is secure.

“I continue to believe our system needs to be reformed and I’ve learned in the last year that because of such an incredible distrust of the federal government no matter who’s in charge, the only way you’re going to be able to deal with this issue is by first securing the border and ensuring that illegal immigration is under control,” Rubio told me.
A likely candidate presidential candidate in 2016, Rubio sent Obama a letter Tuesday outlining his break from a comprehensive approach to the problem – pairing border security with a years-long path for illegal aliens to eventually obtain citizenship.

He also told the president to back off from a rumored plan to expand unilateral amnesty, awarded in 2012 to individuals who came to the U.S. illegally as minors, to as many as five million people.

read more:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/26/EXCLUSIVE-Rubio-...

Views: 1261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They keep saying the system needs to be reformed. How about following the current laws (which they are not) and secure the border. walla, system reformed.

This issue of illegal immigration is a moral issue. This is the truth; Ronald Reagan and all the presidents after him are to blame for this invasion of millions of illegal aliens and the ill immigration system of today. The strategy of the Reagan administration was to set in motion the North American Union and enable US corporation an expansion into Mexico to exploit Mexico cheap labor; this was the beginning of the NAFTA. Open border with Mexico and Canada. Like or not the Big picture is the making of the North American Union all the Washington insiders are committed to make this a reality. We have in Washington a whole bunch of whores, they call themselves team players because they sold their principles and their office to side with the corrupt politicians that work for the US corporations. That members of the team help each other to be in control of the committees and represent the corporations. Washington do not represent the people anymore they represent the Big money that control the predator corporatism system of the USA. The average US citizen is brainwashed and 80% believe that the US continue being a free country, but the reality is that we are being control by the corporate world; our hope is the youth of this country we must educate them and tell them the truth.Americas must realize that self-scrutiny is not treason. Self-examination is not disloyalty." The truth will set us free.

Juan Reynoso: The problem started long before Reagan...it started with FDR in the early '40s.  I was there and I witnessed the flood of Braceros that came into California to pick fruit and vegetables.  The good folks that came to California from the Midwest Dust Bowl, hooked up with Unions and created a vacuum when they started working in the clothing factories and manufacturing plants created by the war years.  The Vacuum was filled by the Braceros in the salad bowls of California (Salinas Valley, Central Valley, Santa Maria Valley, and the Imperial Valley).  They used to live in ramshackle frame homes, three generations in a two bedroom shack.

At the outset of the Bracero program, workers were paid by the box or bushel and many farmers provided the shacks for the workers to live in.  The pay was minimal but the workday was long.  They were provided transportation to the closest town to attend church.  The original Braceros were church going people... very religious, most were Catholic.

Then the farmers started getting greedy and charged for the shacks and the transportation.  And that was the break in the process.  In order to keep making enough money to send home, and to live, some of the workers turned to second jobs, or a life of crime, in their time off.  The workers started making demands on the farmer as the products started bringing in more money.

You can visualize the process and all you have to do is look at the problems today.  Follow the money and you will find Politicians.

The NAU was supposedly started by a discussion between Pres. GW Bush and Mexican president Fox back in 2001.   The trade agreement with Canada that was established under Reagan had nothing to do with immigration or anything else, only trade.  It wasn't until 1994 under Clinton that the NAFTA mess came to be by including Mexico.  That was more controlled by unions than by politics, but certainly benefited both.   The immigration problem started WAY before Reagan. Any time you tell someone there is a certain way to do things, people will find another (usually harder) way to do it, kind of like sneaking into a movie. Can't blame Reagan for that.  It's been happening for a long time before, he just got the blame because of the trade agreement with Canada..

President Reagan got snookered in 1986 with the Simpson-Mazzoli bill, the only real amnesty.  Initially it involved just over a MILLION people, then the whining started by the corrupt“O”crats and the La Raza’s to add more family and relatives, so it ended at about 3 MILLION.
The bargain, with the corrupt“O”crats, was to seal the border after the amnesty was signed and we would never have to deal with ILLEGAL aliens again; we know how that lie worked out.
Now there are 3 MILLION ILLEGALS just in mexiforina; 12 MILLION nationwide the corrupt obummer regime will admit to; with reality being around 25 MILLION, and more, and more, and more, all the time.  Check out, immigrationcounters.com.  2000 citizens killed, 7000 more raped, assaulted and molested by ILLEGAL aliens every year!

True.  I forgot about that.  I was thinking along the lines of NAFTA, NAU, etc.  Snookered is right!  An honest man doesn't think like a dishonest one does and can't fathom the deceit that comes with it.  I think that's what happened to Reagan.  The laws that went with the bill SHOULD  have taken care of the problems, but weren't enforced, and here we are.  I think the bill was sound, but the execution of it certainly wasn't. 

Wow, Mr. Tad, you are right and that is a great sentence -  An honest man doesn't think like a dishonest one does and can't fathom the deceit that comes with it.
I hope you don't mind that I use it.  Obummer, not only doesn't enforce immigration laws on the books, but actually uses his DoJ stooge to sue states that try to protect their citizens from the ILLEGAL alien INVASION.
REMEMBER in NOVEMBER
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

you always wonder have they seen the truth or are they just politicians?  then, you sit back and watch.

We can't wait for politicians to fix the HUGE disaster to us all from Millions of Illegals, we must fight on our own. Besides phoning and emailing our "Representatives" we can report suspicious activity to ICE.

Report Suspicious Activity

To report suspicious activity, visit www.ice.gov/tips or call (866) 347-2423

My how the leapords do try to change their spots  only to find that they don't come off no matter how harde you scrub them. Rubio You and the other 6 meat heads helped fule the invasion that has helped bring a great country to it's knees,  and the I agree with you we do need more reform .WE NEED TO MAKE IT TUFFER TO BECOME A CITIZEN  AND TO IMIGRATE HERE !!!!!

I'm going to start calling Rubio Senator "Reefs" after my favorite brand of flip-flop. This is just what this RINO putz is doing on immigration. He sided with one of the most smarmy and phony democrat sleezeballs in UpChuck Shummer. That guy is someone who has never met a Republican that he wouldn't slab in the back. Senator Reefs will never get a vote from me for any office let alone the Presidency.

You are receiving this email as a part of your subscription to Money Morning.
To change your email settings, view the information at the bottom of this email.
Money Morning
Many in the U.S. Intelligence Community Fear
a $100 Trillion U.S. Meltdown is Imminent

Today, a Top CIA Insider Goes Public With Their Findings
So You Can Decide For Yourself

Dear Money Morning Member,

Yesterday, I mentioned that we had conducted an emergency interview with 
Jim Rickards, the CIA's Financial Threat and Asymmetric Warfare Advisor. 

And we are now releasing it because it's critical you hear what he has to say.

You can click here to launch a private airing of this interview.

Jim and many of his colleagues in the U.S. Intelligence Community have been tracking a dangerous series of early warning signs that have appeared in our economy.

And they fear a 70% stock market collapse is imminent, but that's just the beginning, as it will be followed by a $100 trillion American meltdown. 

I realize what he's talking about is very alarming. 

So I strongly suggest you view this video and make up your own mind.

Because if Jim and his team are right, there is not much time left to prepare for this fast-approaching crisis.

Click here to launch this must-see interview.

Stay Safe,

Mike Ward
Publisher, Money Morning

Unsubscribe from Money Morning

You are receiving this e-mail at mark_smithey@yahoo.com as a part of your free subscription to theMoney Morning E-Letter.

To read our privacy policy click here. Remove your email from this list: Unsubscribe

To cancel by mail or for any other subscription issues, write us at:
Money Morning | Attn: Member Services | 16 West Madison Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
North America: 888.384.8339; International: 443.353.4519; Fax: 410.622.3050
Contact Customer Service

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service