Rove to GOP: 'Don't choose a nominee that reflects populist outrage'

Longtime political strategist Karl Rove is warning Republicans not to nominate a presidential candidate that reflects the same "populist anger" that gave birth to the rise of Donald Trump.

In his latest op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, Rove explained the GOP will have two choices when delegates gather in Cleveland, Ohio, next July to determine which remaining Republican hopeful they wish to see challenge Democrats in the general election.

"Will the party choose a nominee with a conservative agenda or one reflecting populist anger?" Rove wrote.

"The two are hardly the same," he noted. "Conservative principles provide a winning path to the White House. Populist outrage alone will end in defeat."

The bit of advice comes at the bottom of Rove's latest takedown of Trump, which illustrates the Republican front-runner's shortage of details on a handful of proposals that have become central to his campaign: the wall along the Southern border, "TrumpCare," and the deportation of 11 million illegal immigrants.

read more:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rove-to-gop-dont-choose-a-nominee...

Views: 931

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tell Karl to go visit Bush in Texas and shut the hell up.

fellow patriots - don't listen to these moneyed traitors - their party name may be different but they are democrat-globalists. They cooperate to enable illegal invasion, abortion, self-defense prevention and disarmament of patriots, all corrupt collusion which leads to Hitlery.

Get behind TWO conservatives - no money to republicans - just to candidates. 

I like Trump but I think Carson outsider s a better bet to win (black vote and all the pragmatics) -and Cruz as VP or 2nd choice - but you choose - but let's unite and BEAT the globalists!!

This is probably our last chance to save our dear country and heritage of freedom.

Courage - fight - be ready - give money to candidates NOT Republicans - they sold us out.

I don't have to tell you what to do - you know - but let's unite behind whatever conservative we nominate.

Take power.

I agree 100%. And... Rove needs a horse and a long ride into the sunset. Shut up.

Mark

Be true to yourself. If you like Trump then vote for him

Voting for Carson because he is a 'better bet' is downright foolish and playing into the globalists hands. I sure hope no one follows your advice.

HOW LONG MUST WE SUFFER THE SLINGS AND ARROW OF THAT PROSTITUTE KARL ROVE....

ANOTHER GOP ESTABLISHMENT PERVERT.....WILLING TO SUBVERT THE PROMISES TO VOTERS AT THE DROP OF A DIME FROM THE U.S. CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.....

I HAVE ALREADY MADE THE DECISION NOT TO VOTE FOR ANY.... GOP ESTABLISHMENT NOMINEE/CANDIDATE.....THE TEA PARTY CAN CRAWL IN BED WITH THIS CROWD BUT I AM THRU WITH THE GOP AND SO ARE MOST OF MY RELATIVES.... WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR OR FUND   GOP ESTABLISHMENT CANDIDATES

Andrew, I am with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Reply, in total agreement.

Rove can't stand that he no longer has any status to reliable information.  He has become so bias that he no longer has any standing within any of the political circles. All of his beliefs are predicated upon the RINO bias, why is he even being offered any consideration to any commentary of significance. 

Rove, I give you free insight from the business world about the value of a brand. Imagine if the Pepsi brand was just gifted to the GOP. That would pay dividends for decades, right?

Well, Trump has literally given the Trump brand to the GOP! So rather than fighting to tear up the gift, how about working with Trump to help him refine the message, clear the field and start working on a party-wide take-down of the CRATs.

That's a really good idea JustAnAmerican. If I could get Rove's address I would tell him just that. Address anyone?

Done....thanks Marilyn. I would suggest the posters on this and other sites bombard Rove with this message. Thanks again.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

SICK: New Jersey Awarded $3.8 Million In Financial Aid To Illegal Aliens

A local news report revealed that the state of New Jersey awarded $3.8 million in financial aid to illegal immigrants during the 2018-2019 school year.

According to a report from NJ.com, the state of New Jersey gave $3.8 million in financial aid to 749 illegal immigrant students in the last academic year. More than a quarter of the funding went to 328 illegal immigrants that attend Rutgers University.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed a law last year that allowed illegal immigrants to apply for financial aid. Prior to the signing, illegal immigrants were permitted to apply to pay in-state tuition at public universities but they were not eligible for financial aid.

Murphy, who supports the spending, hit back at Republican critics by arguing that giving financial aid to illegal immigrants is compatible with American values.

“I’d even invite any of those folks who have that attitude, beginning with our president, to come on into this room and allow me or any of us to say, ‘This is the United States of America,’” Murphy said at the time.

David J. Socolow, executive director of the state’s Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, defended the state’s decision to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants.

“This financial assistance offers these New Jersey students a life-changing opportunity,” Socolow said in a brief comment.“The successes of these first 513 students, who are now attending county colleges, state colleges and universities, and independent institutions around the state, will have a positive impact on countless additional lives.”

According to the report, there is currently no limit on the amount of illegal immigrant students that are permitted to receive financial aid from the state of New Jersey. State lawmakers forecast that they will spend approximately $5 million on financial aid for illegal immigrants each year.

Video: Flashback: NJ Governor signs bill allowing free tuition for illegal immigrants

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service