RINO Boehner Pushing Obamatrade, but Has He Read It?

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Wednesday said he’s hopeful the House will pass legislation this month granting President Obama fast-track trade powers, but said the votes aren’t there yet . . .

Boehner acknowledged some in his party are opposing the fast-track legislation, known as Trade Promotion Authority or TPA, simply because they don’t trust Obama.

But the Speaker added: “This is not about the president; frankly, it’s about the country. It’s why I’ve worked with the president on a number of trade agreements over the course of his tenure and my tenure as Speaker,” including deals with Panama and South Korea.

Last month, the Senate passed TPA on a 62 to 37 vote. But the bill is facing a steeper climb in the House, where most Democrats are fiercely opposed. The bill would allow Obama to send to Congress the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a major trade deal among 12 Pacific Rim nations, for an up-or-down vote. Under the fast-track rules, lawmakers would not be able to amend the trade deal . . .

Later Wednesday, Boehner and his entire leadership team hosted a 20-minute pep rally in the basement of the Capitol with more than 200 pro-trade allies, including representatives from trade associations, the agriculture and shipping industries, and manufacturers. (Read more from “Boehner Pushing Obamatrade, but Has He Read It?” HERE)

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're talking about the government...  Can you even remember the last time they did anything you could categorize as SANE?

I think Boehner got Obama to "allow" China (that made me scratch my head) - this goes back to that lovely trade deal when Clinton sold off, I mean made China our bankers.  Then his famous line, "you can't really argue with your bankers."

That is because them scumbags in US Congress voted themselves to have a different insurance than Obamacare. These people the elitist in Congress, do not have to use Medicare.  A system rob by the money we invested, and now they do not have money to do treatments. This was all orchestrated by Obama and Pelosi. Two birds of the same feather that flock together. I can't wait when they are out office.

Subject:  Fwd: Dumb or Clueless?

Irrefutably wrong so often.... 

You may recall that a few weeks ago, President Obama spoke of three former Presidents making prisoner swaps at the end of wars that took place on their watch, "much like this swap" he said convincingly. CNN carried this quote, "This is what happens at the end of wars."    

President Barack Obama boasted Tuesday when he was asked about swapping American Army Sgt. Deserter for five vicious Taliban terrorists. "That was true for George Washington, that was true for Abraham Lincoln and that was true for FDR.  That’s been true of every combat situation that at some point, you make sure that you try to get your folks back...a      nd that’s the right thing to do." 

Really? 

That statement blatantly demonstrates that the most powerful man in the World and two term President of the United States lacks even a grade school level of knowledge of American History; specifically, history as it relates to three of our most famous presidents and it demonstrates again that we have essentially elected a foreigner who has no understanding of the very country that he reigns supreme over. Then again, he was educated at an IVY League school so you can't expect too much!!  

What's wrong with his statements?    

Let's keep it simple-- EVERYTHING is wrong! 

1. George Washington did not become president until six years after the Revolutionary War ended in 1783. By 1789 there were no longer any prisoners for him to exchange. 

2.  Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in mid-April of 1865. The Civil War ended the following month. He was still dead at that time. No deals were made to exchange prisoners after the war. All prisoners were simply freed. 

3.  FDR died of a stroke before the end of WWII. Like Lincoln, he stayed dead after the war so he couldn't do what this jerk says he did. You'll recall that Harry S. Truman made the decision to drop two nuclear bombs on Japan, ending World War II.  He made no deals for prisoners.  We went in and released them when necessary. 

4.  None of the Presidents that Obama noted were in office at the ends of those wars, making it impossible for them to make any sort of prisoner swaps, let alone the 5 for 1, plus unspecified cash, for a deserter and traitor by our "57 States" president. 

5.  It should be pointed out that countless deserters and traitors were shot or hung during all three of the aforementioned wars. 

What amazes one even more than the ignorance of the President is that he has managed to surround himself with a staff that is just as clueless       ... or willing, as the media are, to cover for his dumb, lying rhetoric and behavior! 

P.S. Obama mentioned while being interviewed on Super Bowl Sunday while in the Whitehouse kitchen, that George Washington drank beer in the White House when he was president.    

George Washington never lived in the White House; it wasn't built yet.       
And now you know, the rest of the story!   

OMG!  What are you saying?  You can't mean it!  All this time.....he....they...have...uh...been......LYING!??!??!  PLEEEEASE...say it ain't so!!!!!

perhaps why he is president - he's not only a liar but he's also that stupid he'll just spew what others write for him.  His Civil Rights speech was as delusional as this you post of.  The odd thing that troubles me the most re Obama speeches (not that he's the liar he is, but), the whole crowd to these speeches clap and applaud and seem to believe what he is saying is fact.   Including the media.

@Katherine Hovey,

I verified the dates mentioned in the article.  What I wrote along with my email and FB post on this piece was that I believe Obama is mocking the American people because he believes they are that stupid.  

I personally do not think he is as bright as he has been made out to be but I do think he is fully focused on destroying every institution and American tradition to punish her for her success.  

Rather than look at the self imposed failures of certain individuals or communities and other countries, he would like to vilify the successful for having the audacity to achieve their hopes, as only he is allowed such honor.  What a whack job he is, he has certainly raised the bar on the narcissism spectrum.

A WND Exclusive:

Senator to Obama: Justify keeping trade deal secret.

"As it becomes apparent that most members of Congress haven’t even read the draft of a trade deal criticized by opponents as a monumental surrender of U.S. sovereignty, Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., is demanding President Obama explain the legal basis for not releasing the text to the public."

Contending the TPP is more a treaty than a trade deal – creating a “nascent European Union” – the implications are “extraordinary,” Sessions said.

They “ought to be discussed in full, in public,” he said, “before Congress even contemplates fast-tracking its creation and pre-surrendering its power to apply the constitutional two-thirds treaty vote.”

Ratifying a treaty requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate. With fast-track authority, an agreement like the TPP could be passed with only a majority vote of both the Senate and the House, and no amendments would be allowed.

Among the likely and declared candidates for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former Sen. Rick Santorum, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., Carly Fiorina and Dr. Ben Carson have voiced opposition to TPP.

In support of TPP are former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Sens. Sens. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

For more, click here.

Pretty sure he is up for reelection in 2016. How about we work our butts off to get his butt out of there. Tea Party need to come up with a good candidate to defeat him. Why do the voters keep putting him in? I am ignoring all candidates ads and only looking at their actions.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Steve Kelley

ALERT ALERT

The Fall Of Fake News!! Quiet Shake-Up At MSNBC After Station Hemorrhages Viewers Following Mueller Debacle 

Reports are surfacing about a quiet shake-up of personnel at MSNBC after the cable news station lost more than 30% of their audience after the Mueller debacle.

Apparently MNSBC doesn’t think their financial woes are newsworthy given that they didn’t run any breathless stories about their own failings.

News of MSNBC’s collapse can’t come as a surprise to insiders who undoubtedly are fully aware that their audience no longer trusts them.

One source familiar told Mediaite the changes came amidst mounting complaints from NBC News chief Andy Lack about a dip in MSNBC’s ratings following the end of the Mueller investigation. In May, ratings for the network in the advertiser coveted 25-54 demo were down 32% year over year.

MSNBC viewers were asked: How much do you agree that MSNBC regularly reports made up or fake news about Donald Trump and his administration?

The responses were devastating! While 35% or respondents agree that MSNBC pushes Fake News, only 24% disagreed. That’s a ratings death sentence!

What do you expect from a channel that boasts disgraced liar, Brian Williams, and race pimp, Al Sharpton?

Bright Start News@BRIGHTstrt

MAJOR SHAKEUP AT MSNBC - Ratings crater after Mueller Report Debacle! 

MSNBC Shakeup: Jonathan Wald and Dan Arnall Take Dayside

MSNBC quietly implemented a sweeping shakeup in programming this week, Mediaite has learned, appointing SVP of programming and development Jonathan Wald and MSNBC executive editor Dan Arnall to lead...

Flashback: MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow’s Ratings Plummet To Yearly Low

MSNBC primetime host Rachel Maddow brought in her worst weekly ratings of the year last week.

Her show last week averaged 2,324,000 viewers, with an average audience of 337,000 in the 25-54 age demographic, both of which mark yearly lows for the liberal television host, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Maddow first saw a dramatic drop in ratings following the conclusion of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Her previous low for a week in 2019 was the last week in March, the first full week after Mueller submitted his conclusion to Attorney General William Barr, where she averaged 2,458,000 viewers with 392,000 in the demo.

She spent two years dissecting every aspect of the special counsel’s investigation into whether President Donald Trump conspired with the Russians to win the 2016 presidential election. The night Mueller submitted his findings to Barr, Maddow appeared to hold back tears over the fact that neither the president nor any family members were indicted.

Compared to Maddow’s low ratings last week, Fox News’ Sean Hannity, whose program is often the most-watched among all cable news shows, averaged 3,108,000 viewers with just under half-a-million viewers in the key demographic.

She also nearly tripled CNN’s Chris Cuomo’s weekly ratings. His program only had 880,000 viewers with 225,000 in the key demo.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service