Rick Perry: Americans Are Looking For Competent Leadership

(The Hill) - Outgoing Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) may be testing his message for another White House run even as he wraps up more than a decade at the helm of his state.

“Americans are looking for competent leadership. And sometimes it shows itself in ways that you could have never have dreamed of,” Perry said in an interview aired on CNN’s “The Lead” Friday evening, citing his responses to crises in the state during his tenure.

“Americans are begging for a positive view of the future, for an individual whose got a record of being able to make the future better for their families, and that’s exactly what we’ve done in Texas over the last 14 years,” Perry told CNN.

“More jobs created than any other state,” he added.

Should he enter the race, Perry would likely face a crowded GOP field, with prominent figures including Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush also seen as likely to run.

Bush fired the first shot of 2016 by announcing early last week that the would “actively explore” a White House bid. He has since announced he would end consulting work with banking giant Barclays and step down from the board of a healthcare company.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/rick-perry-americans-looking-competent-lead...

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Judy

Not sure he has the temperament its going to take to turn this ship around!  We are going to be facing some really difficult times with all the traitorous giveaways this Resident has made.  There are a lot of domestic issues that need some severe actions as well~~Common Core (which if I am not mistaken, Huck is for~~bad news!), welfare reform BIG TIME!  Obozo did away with the work part of workfare and made it pure welfare.  The prevailing attitude after 6 years is "Why work when I can stay home and still get tons of money for doing nothing!'  I know I'll get an argument from some on that, but there are too many who have gone on FB and YouTube and brazenly bragged about it. 

We are going to need someone with a BACKBONE  and able to take the "abuse" he/she is going to get from the Communist/Facist/Democrap partyites.

Col. Masterson, here's what Mike Huckabee thinks about Common Core.  http://www.mikehuckabee.com/2014/9/common-core-is-dead

After listening to him speak several times I really believe he has the backbone to take on the job.  I also think Scott Walker would be an excellent candidate.

Col Joseph M, you are right after seeing your comments i looked  huckabee up and on fox news he stated that he supported Obamas amnesty for Illegals and he also stated that he tried to do a similar bill in his own State. I also found he is for common core and Now he is backpeddeling because he says it is unpouplar never trust a back peddler. and you are right he is for growing the Wealfare State. over all he is not a good choice. he is also shakey on 2nd amendement even though he says he supports it he has tried to pass gun control laws in the past. Kind of like Romney say one thing and when they get in they do another. Ted Cruze is about the only one i trust, i can't find anything neg. on him and he has been at the forfront all the way ,He is red, white , and blue.

Judy,

I would vote for Gov. Huckabee in a heart beat, IF he ran. However, I truly believe that he and his wife were threatened during the election that he ran in and it scared him to death. 

Gov. Huck is a good man, one that can work with people and also one that says it like it is. I certainly would vote for him over, Perry, Romney, Bush, Christy, Jendal, Paul or other establishment Republicans. 

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

Mike Huckabee may be a good Christian man, but he has supported Rinos in the past.  Not saying anything ill about him personally, but I am leery of his politics.

Ditto  On that Marcus C.

"Competent leadership"? Weak verbiage. How about a leader with integrity and honor?

Name one governor that  organized one protest on Washington? Name one Senator that organized even one single protest march on Washington .

How about the Col. that organized the march to impeach omama in Washington for president?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Angry Dem Impeachment ‘Witness’: Pam Karlan Donated Thousands To Hillary And Was On Clinton’s List For Potential SCOTUS Nomination

Image result for Pam Karlan

The House Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, kicked off its first impeachment circus Wednesday morning.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

One of the witnesses the Dems rolled out is an angry Hillary Clinton donor who was on Crooked’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

No wonder why this unhinged, dowdy woman is so pissed off!

“Professor Pam Karlan donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination. So she certainly has no vendetta against President Trump,” GOP Rep. Mark Walker said.

Congressman Walker also pointed out that Noah Feldman, the Dems first partisan witness in Wednesday’s hearing tweeted about impeaching Trump right after he was sworn in.

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

Meet Noah Feldman, House Democrats first partisan witness.

Look at the date of this tweet. He has been trying to get @realDonaldTrump impeached since 46 days into his presidency.

His reason? Trump criticized President Obama.

This is a sham impeachment with sham witnesses. https://twitter.com/NoahRFeldman/status/839185127494254592 

Noah Feldman @NoahRFeldman

Trump's wiretap tweets raise risk of impeachment http://bv.ms/2mY1ueX  via @BV

Rep. Mark Walker   RepMarkWalker

The next witness, Karlan, has donated thousands to Democrats and was on Hillary Clinton’s list for a potential Supreme Court nomination.

So she certainly has no vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

These witnesses are as serious as House Democrats impeachment case: not at all.

The entire sham show trial is stacked with partisan hacks who have wanted to impeach Trump from the moment he won in November of 2016.

Norm Eisen, the Democrats’ counsel who is blasting Trump and questioning witnesses in Wednesday’s show trial, tweeted about impeaching Trump before Donald Trump was even sworn into office!

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service