Rick Perry: Americans Are Looking For Competent Leadership

(The Hill) - Outgoing Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) may be testing his message for another White House run even as he wraps up more than a decade at the helm of his state.

“Americans are looking for competent leadership. And sometimes it shows itself in ways that you could have never have dreamed of,” Perry said in an interview aired on CNN’s “The Lead” Friday evening, citing his responses to crises in the state during his tenure.

“Americans are begging for a positive view of the future, for an individual whose got a record of being able to make the future better for their families, and that’s exactly what we’ve done in Texas over the last 14 years,” Perry told CNN.

“More jobs created than any other state,” he added.

Should he enter the race, Perry would likely face a crowded GOP field, with prominent figures including Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush also seen as likely to run.

Bush fired the first shot of 2016 by announcing early last week that the would “actively explore” a White House bid. He has since announced he would end consulting work with banking giant Barclays and step down from the board of a healthcare company.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/rick-perry-americans-looking-competent-lead...

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Judy

Not sure he has the temperament its going to take to turn this ship around!  We are going to be facing some really difficult times with all the traitorous giveaways this Resident has made.  There are a lot of domestic issues that need some severe actions as well~~Common Core (which if I am not mistaken, Huck is for~~bad news!), welfare reform BIG TIME!  Obozo did away with the work part of workfare and made it pure welfare.  The prevailing attitude after 6 years is "Why work when I can stay home and still get tons of money for doing nothing!'  I know I'll get an argument from some on that, but there are too many who have gone on FB and YouTube and brazenly bragged about it. 

We are going to need someone with a BACKBONE  and able to take the "abuse" he/she is going to get from the Communist/Facist/Democrap partyites.

Col. Masterson, here's what Mike Huckabee thinks about Common Core.  http://www.mikehuckabee.com/2014/9/common-core-is-dead

After listening to him speak several times I really believe he has the backbone to take on the job.  I also think Scott Walker would be an excellent candidate.

Col Joseph M, you are right after seeing your comments i looked  huckabee up and on fox news he stated that he supported Obamas amnesty for Illegals and he also stated that he tried to do a similar bill in his own State. I also found he is for common core and Now he is backpeddeling because he says it is unpouplar never trust a back peddler. and you are right he is for growing the Wealfare State. over all he is not a good choice. he is also shakey on 2nd amendement even though he says he supports it he has tried to pass gun control laws in the past. Kind of like Romney say one thing and when they get in they do another. Ted Cruze is about the only one i trust, i can't find anything neg. on him and he has been at the forfront all the way ,He is red, white , and blue.

Judy,

I would vote for Gov. Huckabee in a heart beat, IF he ran. However, I truly believe that he and his wife were threatened during the election that he ran in and it scared him to death. 

Gov. Huck is a good man, one that can work with people and also one that says it like it is. I certainly would vote for him over, Perry, Romney, Bush, Christy, Jendal, Paul or other establishment Republicans. 

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

Mike Huckabee may be a good Christian man, but he has supported Rinos in the past.  Not saying anything ill about him personally, but I am leery of his politics.

Ditto  On that Marcus C.

"Competent leadership"? Weak verbiage. How about a leader with integrity and honor?

Name one governor that  organized one protest on Washington? Name one Senator that organized even one single protest march on Washington .

How about the Col. that organized the march to impeach omama in Washington for president?

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Horrible: Democrats Set The Constitution On Fire With Fraudulent Impeachment

House Democrats unveiled two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Tuesday morning after an investigation that violated fundamental provisions of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

The investigation of the president began with the complaint of a so-called “whistleblower” who turned out to be a rogue Central Intelligence Agency employee, protected by a lawyer who had called for a “coup” against Trump in early 2017.

Democrats first demanded that the “whistleblower” be allowed to testify. But after House Intelligence Committee chair Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) was found to have lied about his committee’s contact with the “whistleblower,” and after details of the “whistleblower’s” bias began to leak, Democrats reversed course. In violation of the President Trump’s Sixth Amendment right to confront his accuser, Democrats refused to allow the “whistleblower” to testify. They argue the president’s procedural rights, even if they existed, would not apply until he was tried in the Senate — but they also invented a fraudulent “right to anonymity” that, they hope, might conceal the whistleblower even then.

Schiff began the “impeachment inquiry” in secret, behind the closed doors of the Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) in the basement of the U.S. Capitol, even though none of the testimony was deemed classified. Few members of Congress were allowed access. Schiff allowed selective bits of testimony to leak to friendly media, while withholding transcripts of testimony.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), having allowed the secret process to unfold, legitimized it with a party-line vote authorizing the inquiry. The House resolution denied President Trump the procedural rights enjoyed by Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton, and denied the minority party the traditional right to object to witnesses called by the majority.

Rather than the House Judiciary Committee, which traditionally handles impeachment, Pelosi also deputized the House Intelligence Committee to conduct fact-finding; the Judiciary Committee was turned into a rubber stamp. Schiff held a few public hearings, but often failed to release transcripts containing exculpatory evidence until after they had passed.

In the course of the Intelligence Committee’s investigation, Schiff quietly spied on the telephone records of his Republican counterpart, Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA). He also snooped on the phone records of a journalist, John Solomon; and on the phone records of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, acting as President Trump’s personal lawyer.

Schiff’s eavesdropping violated both the First Amendment right to press freedom and the Sixth Amendment right to counsel. Yet he proceeded undeterred by constitutional rights, publishing the phone logs in his committee’s report without warning, confirmation, or explanation, alleging that Nunes and the others were part of a conspiracy to assist the president’s allegedly impeachable conduct. When Republicans on the Judiciary Committee asked the Intelligence Committee’s majority counsel, Daniel Goldman, to explain the phone logs, he refused to answer,

Ironically, Schiff had done exactly what Democrats accuse Trump of doing: abused his power to dig up dirt on political opponents, then obstructed a congressional investigation into his party’s and his committee’s misconduct.

Democrats’ articles of impeachment include one for the dubious charge of “abuse of power,” which is not mentioned in the Constitution; and one for “obstruction of Congress,” which in this case is an abuse of power in itself.

Alexander Hamilton, writing about impeachment in Federalist 65, warned that “there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt.” Democrats have fulfilled Hamilton’s worst fears.

The Trump impeachment will soon replace the 1868 impeachment of President Andrew Johnson — which the House Judiciary Committee staff actually cited as a positive precedent — as the worst in American history.

In service of their “coup,” Democrats have trampled the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Republic has never been in greater danger.

You don't get to interrupt me

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service