Rick Perry: Americans Are Looking For Competent Leadership

(The Hill) - Outgoing Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) may be testing his message for another White House run even as he wraps up more than a decade at the helm of his state.

“Americans are looking for competent leadership. And sometimes it shows itself in ways that you could have never have dreamed of,” Perry said in an interview aired on CNN’s “The Lead” Friday evening, citing his responses to crises in the state during his tenure.

“Americans are begging for a positive view of the future, for an individual whose got a record of being able to make the future better for their families, and that’s exactly what we’ve done in Texas over the last 14 years,” Perry told CNN.

“More jobs created than any other state,” he added.

Should he enter the race, Perry would likely face a crowded GOP field, with prominent figures including Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush also seen as likely to run.

Bush fired the first shot of 2016 by announcing early last week that the would “actively explore” a White House bid. He has since announced he would end consulting work with banking giant Barclays and step down from the board of a healthcare company.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/rick-perry-americans-looking-competent-lead...

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Having a REAL CHRISTIAN as the leader of  OUR Country would be a dream come true...! I know that is not likely...! However...., WE can always HOPE and PRAY for that...!! God Bless..., Amen.... : )

If the name of a future GOP candidate is not Ted Cruz then I am simply not interested...too hell with all these so called constitutionalists that say he can not run.  I don't care if he was born on Mars as we have had one from Kenya for six years!!!

NO MORE BUSHES!!!

Ain't it the truth and fast.  We need to get rid of Obama and the traitors now, we don't have two years to wait.In case no one has been watching, he and his "friends", (media, big business and islamists), are giving away our arms and military to foreign powers to be used against us, and our congress for the most part is in on it.  Why won't they impeach Obama and friends for treason?  Why are they so afraid if him?  I want to know. They help him commit treason everyday.

We need a person who will stand in the face of the evildoers and say NO!

He will be dedicated to go down a righteous path and will be willing to hit all the bumps in the road (opposition). He will face a barrage of status quo people who have made immoral gains and will not want to give them up. The free loaders will expect to get their monthly check while they sit at home and watch the likes of Oprah. The Sharia pushers will not want to be band from access to the highest powers of our nation. Illegals will still want freebies off the backs of tax payers at the expense of S.S. recipients and the V.A.

We need a take the bull by the horns kind of guy that will stay the righteous course with no weakness and be able to discern deceivers in all areas of government. He would need to put together a team of the same bent and watch his back. One that the Constitution is paramount in all areas of life and willing to undo the evil done by president Jared and puppet 0bama. I don't see this in Jeb Bush and would not vote for him. I have my doubts about others who are interested such as Rand Paul. We need True Grit!

I agree with Governor Perry: however the American voter looks at how much he can get from Uncle Santa to define what competent is!

So let me test the waters and see who people are on board with.  I am looking at candidates in three categories.  Candidates I like, candidates I am not 100% on board with but would vote for, and candidates I could not stomach.

For candidates I would like , I was thinking perhaps Scott Walker, or maybe Senator Mike Lee as a dark horse.  I haven't heard anything of his aspirations, but he would be an interesting candidate.  Palin would be a dream, but I am not sure she wants to run.

For candidates I am not 100% on board with but I would vote for, I have Rand Paul, Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal (just don't know enough about Mr. Jindal), and perhaps Paul Ryan.  Paul Ryan put out a book a while ago, which is usually a sure sign he is at least contemplating a run at the Presidency.

Of the remaining folks who seem like they would be likely to jump in, but would encourage me to stay home and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa rather than vote - Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, or (God forbid) John McCain.

I totally get everyone's misgivings about voting for Ted Cruz, but if he got the ticket and my option was to vote for him or stay home and in a way de facto support his opponent, I would vote for Cruz.

Thoughts on the candidates?  I think this is an important discussion to have on the available options.  And if you know something about a candidate we all should know, then definitely bring it to the forefront.  None of them will be perfect, so we need to keep that in mind.  Remember the people judging the candidates (that's us for those of you in Rio Linda) aren't perfect either, so let's at least be a little nice about all of this.  Honest, but nice at the same time.  Anyways, I've written enough.  Hopefully I will get some responses.  If not, I enjoyed writing this anyways.  Hope to hear from you all soon.  Cheers.

In general, I like the way you're thinking.  A few specific comments:

I agree with all your 'Will-not-accepts.'  There are probably a few more that we're not thinking of at the moment.

Your 'Hold-your-nose-and Vote' bunch - I pretty well agree with, also.  Paul Ryan lost a bit of his luster late in the last Congress - he started off like gang busters early on; but, then faltered in the stretch with a few of his positions on various unwanted legislation.  I'll have to go back over my file on him to see what those were.  I have been very impressed with Bobby Jindal.  My only reservation there is his Consitututional eligibility.  I am not willing to chip away any further at the credibility of that document!  Jindal has had a good reputation from his work as Governor of Louisiana and, the talks I've heard him make have impressed me with his common sense and attitude toward where things should be headed in this country.  I think Rand Paul has already transitioned from a Conservative firebrand to a more 'middle-of-the-road,' 'say-what-they-want-to-hear' type of politician - unfortunately.  I, initially, thought his own experience in the Senate, the life-long influence of his father's thinking, and his own more modern, more mellow, approach would have made him a good, all-around candidate.  Now I'm not so sure; he seems to be moving too much to the center; trying to position himself as 'everybody's man'(?).  

I like Ted Cruz - a lot; but, I have the same concern about his eligibility, as I do Bobby Jindal.  Cruz has maintained his firebrand attitude and, of course, his approach to what needs to be done is 'Right-On, in my book.   I wrote him a letter asking him to address, early on, the eligibiity issue.  To not leave it hanging until the last minute and be proactive about it so we can have time to properly address it and make our decisions early in the process without wasting time and effort on candidates who may not make the cut in the long run.  We'll see how he handles that issue - head on; or, bob and weave?  Scott Walker - one of my favs.  He doesn't avoid the necessary battles (and God knows we've got plenty of those lined up to address) and seems to go into them prepared with what it takes.  Trey Gowdy is another fighter I really like.  I don't know whether he is at all inclined to seek any office other than the one he is in right now (and a little more time to raise his name recognition might be a smart idea); but, I would be inclined to support him.  I could also see him any number of other positions where his skills and his 'junk-yard-dog' attitude would be an asset.  Mike Lee - another good man.  I don't know if he yet has the name recognition needed to support the fund raising and conduct a successful campaign.  I'm thinking, more and more, about the need for a 'non-politician' in office.  Someone with a track record of running a large, multi-faceted, successful organization - someone like a Donald Trump (too polarizing), Herman Cain (doesn't seem to be willing to take the heat), any others (????).  John Bolton - while I like his ideas, I'm not sure about what strengths he has to fill the Presidential role.  

I know there a number of others that I'm leaving out of this discussion, that I will think of afterwards; but, I'm sure there willbe others coming along to throw a whole bunch of other names in the pot for discussion.  For now - there are a few for more discussion.   

I agree with your point about not chipping away at the Constitution.  On the flip side of the coin, if we end up with Hillary because she is "eligible", how much of the Constitution will she chip away at while in office?  I hate that I even need to bring this up, but unfortunately this is a question we may need to address next November.

In my perfect world, Trey Gowdy would remain in the House and be speaker, and Ted Cruz would remain in the Senate and be the majority leader of the Senate.  Scott Walker would be President, with a relative unknown but fiery Vice President, rather like what Sarah Palin was at the time John McCain asked her to be his running mate.

I agree with your reservations on Lee, Trump, and Cain.  I don't know much about John Bolton.

I did leave out Marco Rubio.  For me he is somewhere between the hold your nose and vote crowd, and the I can't stomach him crowd.  He seems conservative on the surface on some issues, but he publicly declared Jeb Bush was his mentor, a sure sign of trouble.  I am not sure I can trust him.  Anyways, I appreciate the feedback.  This is a discussion that needs to be continued (albeit not necessarily on this thread), and the people should agree on a candidate early so the Roves of the world do not get a chance to pick our candidate for us.  So until next time, cheers.

Lots of good thoughts, Robert. 

I am leery of electing ANOTHER Senator.  The first one elected, JFK, would PROBABLY have turned out to be a real dissapointment had he lived.  Judging from the part-time senator we have in the WH now, I am really having a bad after-taste.

Senators tend to be like Barons with their own little fiefdoms and are not the best in looking out for the country as a whole.

Having said that, I lean more to the "Governor" mold.  A governor is a microcosm of the President.  He deals with a House and a Senate (in a bi-cameral state), has "foreign relations" experience in dealing with the other states, has military experience as the CinC of the National Guard, has to consider all the people in the state, although a lot of them fail in that regard. 

Dealing with a budget that doesn't bust the state (like Moonbeam Brown in CA) and having to suffer the slings and arrows much as did Scott Walker in WI.  Surviving recalls and concerted efforts of the unions were some real trials by fire which he survived and thrived.

John Bolton would be an excellent SecState; Trey Gowdy a superb Atty Gen, Herman Cain an excellent SecCommerce.  I like Donald Trump, however he has too much of the "showman" aura and not sure where I would place him to be maximally effective.

I would also eliminate or severely downsize:  Department of Agriculture as each state has their version of one; totally eliminate Departments of Education and Energy; neither of them have educated one student nor generated one volt of electricity;  Energy was a wet dream of Carter~~nobody really knew what they were to do, and so far, I'm not sure they still do know.

That brings up the EPA!  Talk about heavy handed bureaucracy!  I would appoint a "butcher" in this one!  When some snail darter minnow has priority over human beings, I think it's time to get really drastic in cutting spaces.

Homeland Security~~we didn't have one under Truman and Eisenhower and they both deported a LOT of illegals.   Our borders should be sacrosanct and inviolate.  Other nations use their military to enforce their borders.  Why shouldn't we?

Talking about the military!  I would recall all the general/flag officers that Obozo cashiered and give them an opportunity to either be reinstated, retire with dignity as they deserved, but all would be consulted on getting rid of all the bullshit that has been dumped on the military in the past 6 years.  I served 36+ years in the Active Army, Army Reserve, Army National Guard, and was mandatorily retired from active duty during Desert Shield/Desert Storm.  I am heartsick at what has happened to "my beloved Army and the military"!  I would be VERY picky on a SecDef, and someone who has a clue what miltiary is for and it's proper use. 

I could go on, but I think I've worn out my space here.  Just saying!

He is right in his statment but who? Not X-Gov. Rick Perry, That sat and watched Open boraders and Illegals Invaders Pour into this country  for Years and did absoulety nothing until his term was almost up then suddenly fund a set of little one's.You are not that competent leader.

How about former Gov. Mike Huckabee.  He's had experience in governing and is a good Christian man.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service