Republican Mia Love Joins Congressional Black Caucus, Group She Wants To Reform

Utah Rep. Mia Love, who recently became the first black female Republican ever elected to Congress, joined the Congressional Black Caucus, according to a Tuesday announcement — potentially bad news for the group.

Love, the former mayor of Saratoga Springs, has stated that she would likely join the CBC but would attempt drastic change from within the group, which tends to lean to the left.

“Yes, yes. I would join the Congressional Black Caucus and try to take that thing apart from the inside out,” Love told Deseret News in early 2012 during her first congressional bid, which failed.

“It’s demagoguery,” Love said of the tactics used by the CBC.

“They sit there and ignite emotions and ignite racism when there isn’t,” Love continued. “They use their positions to instill fear. Hope and change is turned into fear and blame. Fear that everybody is going lose everything and blaming Congress for everything instead of taking responsibility.”

read more:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/06/republican-mia-love-joins-congres...

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Think more like mother Teresa.   )

She is  a woman and David knew how to use a sling shot.   I am not sure what her

weapon of choice will be   Lets just wait and see what happens.   She has confidence

and that is important for success there. 

why do tax dollars support a racists group

Yes that is a good question.  What would they say if we started a congressional

white caucus?  Of course, Mia would be welcome to sit in if she wanted to.  :) 

We might even make her an honorary member so she could vote in our caucus

After all, we should all be welcome to those caucuses that are formed.  I hope some

Washington DC ears are burning.  They deserve it.

All congressional meetings should be open that do not have vital security information

being talked about.  That should include all except closed door high security risk meetings.

The Congressional Black Communist? Good luck Mia. You will have to start by ridding the caucus of all the racist members. You'll be the only one left. Again, good luck

Actions speak louder than words.  We will see how she works in the congress and then we will

know how she stands.  I think she is perfectly capable of standing up for what she believes in

so we will see if the blacks will listen to one of their own.  I have doubts myself. She will be

considered an aunt tammy which is female for Uncle Tom just in case you missed that.

I do like the lady though.  At least she thinks for herself and does not fall in line with any

foolish notion.  That is a plus. 

"know how she stands.  I think she is perfectly capable of standing up for what she believes in"

"I do like the lady though.  At least she thinks for herself and does not fall in line with any

foolish notion. "

Did you write this before or after she voted for Boner?

Thinks for herself?  really?  She voted for Boehner.

Rep Mia Love congratulations on your election to the U.S. House of Representatives.  I was disappointed though regarding your vote for Speaker Boehner...sure wish you would have showed true conservatism by voting for one of the other declared candidates such as Rep Gohmer form TX.   However, if you can reform the CBC from the inside, you should be the next Speaker. 

Pollute her?  My God she has already lied from her campaign and jumped right into the sewer water of the elite Gop and voted for Boehner.

She already failed her first  test on her first day, by voting for Boner.

as far as "taking apart" the Black Caucus?  Doubt if she'll do any better than Allen West did.

Yeppers good luck with that Mia, and oh by the way a great big shout out for taking no more time in lying to your constituents and voting to confirm Boehner as speaker.  Geez that was almost as quickly as the lie spewed by Boehner who said he would only be speaker for one term when he was elected the first time around.  You are real trust worthy but of course when I say you call in John McCain to campaign with you I knew there was trouble coming down the road.  Record time on fitting right in with the back stabbing members of the GOP.

I agree Kathi. Thanks.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service